Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2015 5:32:18 PM EDT
Looking for a little knowledge...

I recently purchased a new Gen 3 G19, but wanted some additional magazines.  I found the best price at Natchez Shooter Supply, and ordered some.  They arrived today, and as expected are actually Gen 4 magazines, which is obviously not a problem, but there were two different kinds of magazines in the box.  None were in retail packaging, which is also not a problem, but I have a question about the differences.

Both types of magazines that I received have notches on both sides, but some do not have metal showing in the notch, nor do they have the notch on the front.  I also noticed that the font that "9mm" is in on the back of the magazine is different, as well as the fact that under the Glock logo on the back, the "normal" ones show Austria, and the others show 1594-01.

I have no concerns about using these magazines, or whether they are genuine Glock parts, but I'm just curious if anyone knows the real story behind the differences.

Here are pics:

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:48:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I got three of those mags with my new G19 Gen4.

I like 'em.  The square cut out on the front was introduced around '07 or '08 for an ambidextrous mag catch that never happened.  The cut out on the other side was to allow the mag catch to be swapped to the other side.

These new mags finally look like they were made right the first time and not a chopped up Gen3 mag....
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok....thanks for that info.  So maybe these with out the front notch and the metal showing in the left side notch are a new iteration of Gen 4 magazines.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
For sure.  They're the newest.  My test fore date was the middle of January '15.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Bottom pic. Is that a crack from the "13" witness hole?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bottom pic. Is that a crack from the "13" witness hole?
View Quote

Just a scratch...and somehow it shows up more in the pic than it does on the mag itself. I had to really look to see it.  Must have been the lighting.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Just bought a G19.4 this morning and the mags that came with it were stamped 1594-01. The two extra Gen 4 mags I bought simply had the Glock logo. The born on date of the G19.4 is 01/31/15.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Just wanted to chime in. I was at a local gunshow today (take it for what it's worth). There was a guy selling OEM Glock mags for $15. He said he got a steal on them because Glock is moving more and more (maybe all) mag production to the USA. The mags with Austria at the bottom are obviously made in Austria, but he said the serial numbered mags denoted USA manufacture. Don't know  if it's true or not. AsI said, I just heard it at a gunshow. I bought 2 G17 mags and 4 G21's with a Glock pistol bag for $90. Best deal of any gunshow in a long time, for me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top