Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2015 2:19:32 PM EDT
I've seen a thousand texture/stipple jobs, and IMO this is easily the nicest I've seen. Thinking of letting them do my Gen 3 G34 when it comes in.

http://www.tacticaltexture.com/home.html
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
1435 post and cannot make a hot link?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

My linked worked just fine for me, sir. Thanks though.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Prettiest.  Not necessarily most effective.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
That is some damn good lookin' stippling.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because your browser is set to automatically convert anything that looks like a link.  Others, however, prefer more control over what their browsers try to do behind our backs.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Going on 15 years and almost 3500 posts and I still don't know how to make links hot .
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Because your browser is set to automatically convert anything that looks like a link.  Others, however, prefer more control over what their browsers try to do behind our backs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool story. Who cares, really. If copy/paste is that hard then by all means don't go to the website.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Cool story. Who cares, really. If copy/paste is that hard then by all means don't go to the website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro, do you even sensitive?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#9]
WOW this thread has derailed and gone off the deep end.......
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
WOW this thread has derailed and gone off the deep end.......
View Quote

Seriously.

But yeah, it's not bad stippling.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:59:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Oops thought this was GD
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#12]
better then most but still has that Hey I just fucked up the gun look to it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

this is pretty much what I was going to say.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I tried stippling for the first time over summer on my p mags. i have ocd and my work with my cheap filed down soldering iron looks exactly the same. diy and it will look just as nice if you take your time. id spend about an hour and a half or more per mag.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've seen a thousand texture/stipple jobs, and IMO this is easily the nicest I've seen. Thinking of letting them do my Gen 3 G34 when it comes in.

View Quote

Thank you for posting this. I'm not normally one who finds stippling to be attractive but the first G19 on their slideshow makes me want to have a frame stippled by them. Looks like amazing work.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#16]
i still like boresight more, and the mag release scallop he does is dead sexy
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#17]
That looks less shitty than most but still and unnecessary IMO.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:27:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Does look dope but I like the way mine feels the way it is.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:38:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ha.  Yep...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:58:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Very clean, but I don't care for tree bark texture like that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:41:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Full disclosure I am a huuuge fan of stippling.... but have you ever held a nicely stippled glock with finger grooves removed and trigger undercut and compared it to the factory frame? If so then all good but if not you should try you might really like it. Is it Needed? No, but it does make a huuge difference IMO.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't say "unnecessary."

I'm a huge Glock fanboy, but I can admit that the Gen 3's have less than sufficient grip. The reviews on this texture all say that the grip is plenty sufficient without being overkill - and it doesn't look like crap like a bunch of holes melted into your gun.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#23]
The stiple seems to wear down and get smooth after carrying for a while. guess you could retread it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#24]
This is probably the 10th thread featuring his work. He did a great job on my Gen3 G19 last summer.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This is probably the 10th thread featuring his work. He did a great job on my Gen3 G19 last summer.

<a href="http://s78.photobucket.com/user/crodeo/media/G19_zps4bfde515.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/crodeo/G19_zps4bfde515.jpg</a>

View Quote

How is it holding up?  How aggressive is the texture?  It looks nice, but it also doesn't look very aggressive at all.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How is it holding up?  How aggressive is the texture?  It looks nice, but it also doesn't look very aggressive at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s78.photobucket.com/user/crodeo/media/G19_zps4bfde515.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j95/crodeo/G19_zps4bfde515.jpg</a>

It is holding up great. The texture is medium aggressive designed for carry. Compared to the factory texture of a Gen3 it is much more aggressive. He can do it in several ways. This is comfortable to carry but I do feel a slight abrasion at times if my skin rubs across the grip.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Full disclosure I am a huuuge fan of stippling.... but have you ever held a nicely stippled glock with finger grooves removed and trigger undercut and compared it to the factory frame? If so then all good but if not you should try you might really like it. Is it Needed? No, but it does make a huuge difference IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree!! IMHO
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:16:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Love stippling.  This looks pretty good, though not sure how effective it would be with wet or bloody hands.

Boresight and Agency Arms are the top two frame masters at the moment IMO.  Boresight does magic to frames, Agency innovated a nice support ramp.

I can't afford the wait times or the cost, so I almost always do it myself.  Was just about to send one to boresight, but broke a tooth and had to spend $1800 on dental.  Back to square one...
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Love stippling.  This looks pretty good, though not sure how effective it would be with wet or bloody hands.

Boresight and Agency Arms are the top two frame masters at the moment IMO.  Boresight does magic to frames, Agency innovated a nice support ramp.

I can't afford the wait times or the cost, so I almost always do it myself.  Was just about to send one to boresight, but broke a tooth and had to spend $1800 on dental.  Back to square one...
View Quote

I agree on boresight and Agency is the only one with the support ramp that I have seen. I think Works Armament and SSVI are right up there at the top aswell. I have said this before but I think one of the worsf for the money is Zev.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:10:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The god-awful ergonomics were what pushed me away from Glocks and towards M&Ps and PPQs.  Once I got myself a used 19 and shaved off the finger grooves and stippled it, I've found my perfect handgun.  I then hold my friends 19s with stock frames and wonder how the hell they put up with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top