Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/24/2015 12:00:51 AM EDT
Anyone know if they will be compatible with aftermarket mag base plates, etc that fit OEM mags?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't think so.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:16:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I heard Magpul will eventually make replacement ranger floor plates for it.  Do not remember which Shot video it was.  I just want to load up on the mags.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't think so.
View Quote

Ah that's too bad.

Oh well, I can deal considering it will be quality mags for ~$15.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:29:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Why go with Magpul when you can buy factory Glock on sale for $20?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:47:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, if they work as my other Magpul mags work, and the floor plates come off as easy as they show in the video for cleaning, which I hardly ever do because it's such a PITA with Glock mags....

And I hope Magpul comes out with 10 round g42 mags!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:03:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:37:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Never had any problems with Glock factory mags. Don't intend to switch.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Neither have I. But I'd be willing to bet that these Magpul mags will be every bit as reliable as the factory mags are. Not to mention they'll probably be $15 and cheaper after initial release. I've never been lucky enough to find factory 17 rnd mags for $20 or under.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. I already have 6+1 17rd G17 mags, do I really need more?

HTR.

ETA: pic showing a shit load of mags in 3, 2..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HTR.

You actually think 6 mags is enough?  
Wow...
Come back when you have 12-15 and tell me about how elite you are with enough mags.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#11]
MagPul needs to target the 3 gun market with a 23 or 25 round magazine.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
MagPul needs to target the 3 gun market with a 23 or 25 round magazine.
View Quote

I'm sure they will expand on the Glock mag line once the 17 rounders launch and are selling like crazy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#13]
id like to try a magpul glock mag, if they are as reliable as a pmag, that would be a good thing, and i have high hopes they will be.

i had a bad experience with an aftermarket mag years ago, it worked fine with empty testing, but when you filled it full of rounds, it expanded and was difficult to get in, and was difficult to pull out while it was loaded.  after that i only ever bought factory mags.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
id like to try a magpul glock mag, if they are as reliable as a pmag, that would be a good thing, and i have high hopes they will be.

i had a bad experience with an aftermarket mag years ago, it worked fine with empty testing, but when you filled it full of rounds, it expanded and was difficult to get in, and was difficult to pull out while it was loaded.  after that i only ever bought factory mags.
View Quote

I couldn't see Magpul releasing anything less than as close to perfect as possible. That just isn't Magpul. I believe I remember reading or watching a video with them saying they fired thousands of rounds through single mags with no problems. Of course, a hand full of testing is nothing compared to when thousands of people get their hands on them, but still. It's Magpul. They won't throw crap products out there. Their name is one of the top in the gun industry and they aren't going to sacrifice that for one product launch.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Why wait around for sales when these mags will be $15-$16 (and probably cheaper after initial release) all day, every day for probably the same reliability and durability as OEM?

Also, I must miss these $20 OEM mag sales because I've never been lucky enough to find them that cheap.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Cheeky bastard. But that's a 10 rnd mag. I live in a free state.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Wow...
Come back when you have 12-15 and tell me about how elite you are with enough mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HTR.

Wow...

- Still plan on getting the Magpul mags.  They will be great for USPSA.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/1811guy2/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps05cf16ca.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HTR.

Wow...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k81/1811guy2/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps05cf16ca.jpg

Jealous of mag collection. Can never have enough. Especially with all the stupidity of some folks who want to limit mag caps, etc.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wow...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HTR.

Wow...

I only have 12 mags for my G17, I was actually looking to pick up a few more.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HTR.

Wow...

I just figure 12-15 is a base you should own before even beginning to claim you don't "really need more."
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#23]

I'm not a Magpul fanboy, although I bought a MIAD grip kit 9 years ago, and I think I'm up to 4 Pmags now....and about 100 USGI aluminum and a few Stainless.

I'm genuinely excited that they're getting into the game. I'd imagine you'll be able to get these to your door for less than $15, and there will be no searching for a deal. I'm most excited about the floorplate design. I pocket carry my spare mags and fucking HATE trying to get my G21 mags apart for cleaning. The G17 seemed even stiffer with the shorter mag body, so I figured I wasn't going to clean them and ultimately stopped carrying the G17.

One thing Magpul has done is get into a market with a quality product at a competitive price. I see these doing quite well.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:13:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

HTR.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HTR.

Maybe it is enough for you.  Consider this though..... If a ban goes in to effect somehow and standard cap mags become illegal is 6 enough to last you?  Mags wear out and fail.  Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Maybe it is enough for you.  Consider this though..... If a ban goes in to effect somehow and standard cap mags become illegal is 6 enough to last you?  Mags wear out and fail.  Just food for thought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HTR.

Exactly. Not only do I want to have mags for the rest of my life, but I'd like my kids and possibility grand kids to enjoy what it was like to have non communist mags in America. You're doing your kids and possibly grand kids an injustice by only worrying about if you have mags to last your lifetime (if even that).
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I hope that the extra competition will bring down the price of the factory mags as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hope that the extra competition will bring down the price of the factory mags as well.
View Quote

It's possible. Until now nothing has been able to beat the OEM reliability so nothing else has really been competition for the OEM mags.

These Magpul mags will likely change that though. Glock doesn't like missing out on sales of anything, and I've heard that mags are where they make a lot of their money.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It's possible. Until now nothing has been able to beat the OEM reliability so nothing else has really been competition for the OEM mags.

These Magpul mags will likely change that though. Glock doesn't like missing out on sales of anything, and I've heard that mags are where they make a lot of their money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If working retail for the better part of my teenage life has taught me anything accessories is where the money is.  Pistol is probably 5-10% profit but the magazine is probably 50-200% profit depending.  Glock may pay pennies on the dollar to make them (cost basis I do not know) in all honesty.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If working retail for the better part of my teenage life has taught me anything accessories is where the money is.  Pistol is probably 5-10% profit but the magazine is probably 50-200% profit depending.  Glock may pay pennies on the dollar to make them (cost basis I do not know) in all honesty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I always heard they don't make hardly crap on pistols, but mags they do. If someone comes in and really starts cutting into that market share who knows, might cause them to drop prices a bit to at least be semi-competitive with the Magpul mags.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Would be excited for 23 round 140mm mags, if Magpul ever gets around to that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Who cares how many mags someone has shoot your pistol and let people make up their own mind what they need.  Most chest rigs do not even have 6 spare pistol mags.  Not everyone is a tier 1 mall ninja like some and have 96 mags and probably no ammo.

Let us rejoice as Glock owners we may soon have cheap mags that are just as reliable as OEM and made in 'Merica!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Why wait around for sales when these mags will be $15-$16 (and probably cheaper after initial release) all day, every day for probably the same reliability and durability as OEM?

Also, I must miss these $20 OEM mag sales because I've never been lucky enough to find them that cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Why ?  

Answer =  FML
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Who cares how many mags someone has shoot your pistol and let people make up their own mind what they need.  Most chest rigs do not even have 6 spare pistol mags.  Not everyone is a tier 1 mall ninja like some and have 96 mags and probably no ammo.

Let us rejoice as Glock owners we may soon have cheap mags that are just as reliable as OEM and made in 'Merica!
View Quote

If you shoot IDPA, USPSA, or similar matches it's nice to show up with a bag full of loaded mags and not have to load mags between stages. Same goes for taking classes, but I don't have enough to load 800-1000 rds and still have to load mags at some point in classes.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HTR.

Wow...

9/10.

-1 for no feet in picture . . .

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Would be excited for 23 round 140mm mags, if Magpul ever gets around to that.
View Quote

I'd like to see .45 cal mags in 13 or greater round capacity.

I bought my son a G21 for his 18th with a dozen Glock mags. At Magpul's price I'd get him a whole bunch more as ban insurance.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:33:22 PM EDT
[#38]
My Glock magazines while they feed with perfect reliability, often do not drop free, especially if the magwell and magazines get a little dirty.

If Magpul can make a magazine that will reliably drop free then it would be an improvement over the OEM magazines.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My Glock magazines while they feed with perfect reliability, often do not drop free, especially if the magwell and magazines get a little dirty.

If Magpul can make a magazine that will reliably drop free then it would be an improvement over the OEM magazines.
View Quote

My understanding is the Magpul is not drop free . I am waiting to see it hit the market . I will buy one to try it. After living through the AWB and paying as much as $70 a mag . I have steadily added to my mags .
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My understanding is the Magpul is not drop free . I am waiting to see it hit the market . I will buy one to try it. After living through the AWB and paying as much as $70 a mag . I have steadily added to my mags .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? The statement I heard from magpul was they were indeed drop free under several conditions tested. They would freeze the magazine and heat up the gun. And free the gun and heat up the magazine. Heat both, freeze both. And they would still drop free. I'll have to try them out, but I'll bye 10 out the gate based solely on my experience with magpul's other products. Not "fanboyism" I just like stuff that works.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm gonna try a few for sure, but I don't see how a solid plastic mag can hand with a metal lined one.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:10:19 AM EDT
[#42]
I like Magpul products.....bit of a fanboy here.
There I said it
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:16:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I think I heard Magpul will eventually make replacement ranger floor plates for it.  Do not remember which Shot video it was.  I just want to load up on the mags.
View Quote

Link
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:37:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

LE price on the Magpuls even better.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:40:22 AM EDT
[#45]
I would love to see Magpul make Para mags.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:02:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Best question is when the hell are they gonna release
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm gonna try a few for sure, but I don't see how a solid plastic mag can hand with a metal lined one.

View Quote

People said the same thing about P-Mags vs. metal AR mags.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Best question is when the hell are they gonna release
View Quote

Think I remember reading April somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Magpul bring on the 33 rounders for the ar!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha.  I know.  I've still seen more Pmags with split spines and broke off feedlips than g.i. mags.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top