Posted: 1/31/2015 9:23:14 PM EDT
Trying to avoid sales tax
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, Kielser's will ship to Ohio.  They will only deal with sworn LEO (and I think) military.   The shipping was $25 IIRC, so if you have to pay an FFL it might be a wash compared to the sales tax from a local blue label dealer.

http://kiesler.com/PoliceShop/tabid/110/Default.aspx

View Quote

Yes, I usually order from them. They charge tax though
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
GT Distributors (in GA) charges FL sales tax. I'm not really sure how they works if they don't have a physical presence in FL.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Also order from GT. But they won't ship new Glock out of State, so I buy new LEO trade ins. Anyone been to their physical location? Im going to be in Dallas this March and I'll swing by there if it's worth my time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Also order from GT. But they won't ship new Glock out of State, so I buy new LEO trade ins. Anyone been to their physical location? Im going to be in Dallas this March and I'll swing by there if it's worth my time.
View Quote

GT Dallas is nice - huge selection of new and used guns, friendly people, good prices. I try and get by at least once a week.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice, will have swing by there then.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I am pretty sure Glock wants blue label dealers selling in the areas specified in their contracts .
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am pretty sure Glock wants blue label dealers selling in the areas specified in their contracts .
View Quote

Blue label dealers can only sell in their region as defined by Glock. Kiesler's charges Ohio tax on all items. I bought quite a few mags from them at "blue label" price a few years ago. Regardless they are good people and their customer service is excellent!
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Blue label dealers can only sell in their region as defined by Glock. Kiesler's charges Ohio tax on all items. I bought quite a few mags from them at "blue label" price a few years ago. Regardless they are good people and their customer service is excellent!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going to leave it at that then, thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top