Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 8:00:42 PM EDT
So after a couple thousand rounds with no problem I'm starting to get FTF from time to time. Next round getting hung up on the extractor. Chamber is empty when this happens as the last case has been ejected. I have tired different magazines, different ammo, etc... Only difference lately is I switched from using CLP to Slip 2000 EWL-30.

Anyone have any ideas before I sent this puppy in? Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I just had the exact same hang up. Have about 500 rounds through mine without a problem and it is one of the early ones before any modifications. But last two times I have been to the range I have had at least one failure as you described.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 2:01:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Couple of questions and thoughts...

Which version magazine?  Is it the latest with the 02 on it?  If  you don't have those, you can exchange them with  Glock, so I hear.

If you fired thousands of rounds,  have you cleaned your magazines yet?  The floor plates are a bit tough to remove so maybe not?  I've had to use some vice grips, some use vices to squeeze down the sides enough to remove the plates...

Are you able/do you completely strip the slide when you clean it pulling out the firing pin assembly, extractor, firing pin safety and all that?  I don't mean any offense, but I know personally several friends who have never done that.  They get away with it with the larger guns, but the 42 is pretty small and less forgiving maybe...

Have you changed ammo from what you usually use?

Perhaps the return spring is weakening after a few thousand?  

Hope you get it back to good!

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:02:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm. My mags do not have the -2 on them, just the number 33249

I've had this G42 since they first released it, I assume I have one of the first batches released.

Till now, never a problem.

Wondering if I should send the whole thing back as I believe they have made other changes too.  Wonder if it's under warentee for that or not.

Guess I'm calling Glock tomorrow for a chat.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've had this G42 since they first released it, I assume I have one of the first batches released.

Wondering if I should send the whole thing back as I believe they have made other changes too.  Wonder if it's under warentee for that or not.

View Quote

Please post what they tell you.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:54:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:25:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,

+1

+2
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
+3
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:20:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So after a couple thousand rounds with no problem I'm starting to get FTF from time to time. Next round getting hung up on the extractor. Chamber is empty when this happens as the last case has been ejected. I have tired different magazines, different ammo, etc... Only difference lately is I switched from using CLP to Slip 2000 EWL-30.

http://www.daplv.com/pics/IMG_5523.JPG

Anyone have any ideas before I sent this puppy in? Thanks!

View Quote

Picture seems to show the round hung up on the EJECTOR.  I polished the bottum of my ejector while troubleshooting my 42.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
After talking with Glock it turned out it was the lube I was using. Stripped off the Slip 2000 and went back to CLP. Dumped 600 or so rounds down the pipe and not a single problem since.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
After talking with Glock it turned out it was the lube I was using. Stripped off the Slip 2000 and went back to CLP. Dumped 600 or so rounds down the pipe and not a single problem since.
View Quote

What did they say the problem with the lube is?  I've been using Slip 2000 EWL for 7 or 8 years without any issues.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

A clean Glock should run with no lube.

A dirty Glock should run with any lube.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
As I stated before I had the same problem. I cleaned the gun really well and went out and ran 150 rounds through it without a single hang up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top