BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only if one gets caught. But how would one explain how you ended up with a over capacity mag made after the date of enforcement? That would be the glitch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sold. Now if I can just get someone to ship them to Colorado.

Isn't that illegal?

Only if one gets caught. But how would one explain how you ended up with a over capacity mag made after the date of enforcement? That would be the glitch.

Now that's smart. Potentially sacrifice my future and all of my rights as a free citizen all over an extra 2 rounds

Quoted:
Scratching my head trying to figure out why? Other then price(which makes sense their costs are less to make mags) I don't see how they can be any more reliable then factory mags.

This. Maybe if they drop to no more than $15 OTD, but I am willing to pay more for the steel liner, especially if they are close in price to an OEM.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
If they come out with 21 mags that drop free I'll shit a lion.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
While I don't normally rush to embrace new products (especially those that can affect function) before they are vetted, I think it is safe to say that I'd trust Magpul enough to buy at least three for T&E and IDPA/USPSA use.

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Around here 17 and 19 mags run about $35 and they're never in stock. If the shelves are full of cheap P-Mags they'll fly off the shelf just because of the "fuck it" appeal.

Also somebody floated the idea that they might be trying to corner the British Military contract for their new G17's since they already supply their rifle mags.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:12:55 PM EDT
[#6]
If vetted and proven reliable - I'll get 10 g17 mags and 10 g19 ones (once released).

FDE is a plus.

Magpul puts out quality kit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:04:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I need to stock up on 17 mags. I just hope they will take the +6 basepads...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:05:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Around here 17 and 19 mags run about $35 and they're never in stock. If the shelves are full of cheap P-Mags they'll fly off the shelf just because of the "fuck it" appeal.

Also somebody floated the idea that they might be trying to corner the British Military contract for their new G17's since they already supply their rifle mags.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Stop buying them locally if they're priced so ridiculously.

http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines.html?brand=361

CDNN is out of stock right now, but their inventory changes constantly.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MGLK17NEW&name=Glock%20Model%2017%209mm%20Magazine%20Factory%20New&groupid=16

Aim is showing in stock

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:13:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd definitely buy a dozen, even if they're just for range use.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:16:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If vetted and proven reliable - I'll get 10 g17 mags and 10 g19 ones (once released).

FDE is a plus.

View Quote

Agree on all accounts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Someone in another thread mentioned that these might be targeted, at least in part, on foreign military sales. I think that's a strong possibility.  Magpul makes a G36 magazine which is also targeted toward foreign military sales for example. One particular example might be the UK where they're transitioning to the G17, and Magpul already has a vendor relationship with UKMOD for rifle mags for their SA80 rifle and the LMT marksman rifles.  If they can undercut Glock's price on magazines by even a few dollars per mag, that makes a difference to someone buying say 150,000 mags.

They also tooled up for the 6.8 PMag for a particular foreign contract without much prospect for significant domestic sales.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:16:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Meh- you only need one G-19 mag.  After 15 bangs, it don't matter if the spare mags stick out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell yes.

19 mags too please

Meh- you only need one G-19 mag.  After 15 bangs, it don't matter if the spare mags stick out.

I'm with you. I'm surprised by all the people clamoring for 19 or even 26 mags. You only need the one in the gun for the concealability factor. After that one magazine is done, I want the full 17 rds and don't care about the magazine sticking out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm with you. I'm surprised by all the people clamoring for 19 or even 26 mags. You only need the one in the gun for the concealability factor. After that one magazine is done, I want the full 17 rds and don't care about the magazine sticking out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell yes.

19 mags too please

Some people who live in capacity restricted states would want the 15 rounder.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell yes.

19 mags too please

And some folks who bought a smaller pistol for whatever reason may have no desire  make it larger by sticking a larger mag in it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#16]
It's about time.  The lack of reliable mags is the only thing that has been holding the Glock 17 back from widespread acceptance.  

Am I the only one that doesn't get the excitement over this news?  I mean, I like p-mags as much as the next guy, but I don't really see the point of Magpul Glock mags.  They don't add any value (more reliable, extra capacity) over the factory mags, and it isn't like factory mags are expensive.  I'd much rather spend $20 for a factory mag.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's about time.  The lack of reliable mags is the only thing that has been holding the Glock 17 back from widespread acceptance.  

Am I the only one that doesn't get the excitement over this news?  I mean, I like p-mags as much as the next guy, but I don't really see the point of Magpul Glock mags.  They don't add any value (more reliable, extra capacity) over the factory mags, and it isn't like factory mags are expensive.  I'd much rather spend $20 for a factory mag.
View Quote

While I agree with your points, from a business standpoint it make perfect sense. There are only cheap shitty chinese alternatives to the otherwise higher priced OEM glock mags. Until these Magpul glock mags hit  the market, Glock is the only real horse in town. By introducing a lower priced option coupled with their already stellar reputation, Magpul is once again attacking a new market. I am sure they will be successful.

Personally I will most likely pick up 1 or 2, but the majority of my Glock mags will be steel lined OEM.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:15:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Part of the reason I bought my G17 was an abundance of cheap factory mags. I have never paid more than $12 for factory mags. Of course all the recent panic and hysteria has cause factory prices to spike. I'm set on what I want for glock mags, but I'm sure there are more like me who just enjoy having tons of mags and don't want to pay $20 for them
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Going to ship in April from what was said on TOS
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I bet they sell a ton to law enforcement.  I hope they also make G19 mags

I bet they will be the OEM mag supplier to Glock when the Single Stack 9mm is released....
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#21]
As I said in other threads this is huge depending on how you look at it. For the consumer it saves some money. Instead of paying $30-35 for a OEM at some LGS (mind you most consumers only by 2-4 mags at the most) you would be able to buy a few more. So is this a game changer for the consumer no but gives an opportunity to buy something else vs before only OEM

It is a game changer to any LGS. It allows any LGS to have a better turn around and more product out the door. Even if they have the Glock mags at $30 a piece vs magpul at $15 what do you think will go first? But as I also said it depends on reliability.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I bet they will be the OEM mag supplier to Glock when the Single Stack 9mm is released....
View Quote

I doubt that law enforcement will be a big business for aftermarket mags.  The new Glocks already come with three factory mags.  How many mags are LEO's issued.  Also, with gov't paying for any additional mags and liability concerns to consider, I bet they stick with factory mags only.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I doubt that law enforcement will be a big business for aftermarket mags.  The new Glocks already come with three factory mags.  How many mags are LEO's issued.  Also, with gov't paying for any additional mags and liability concerns to consider, I bet they stick with factory mags only.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't bet on it if I were you.

I know my department just ordered several thousand G17 mags to kit out every officer with an extra "active shooter kit" of 3 mags.  If we'd known about these we'd probably have torture tested 20-30 and then if they passed ordered 5 Magpul Glock mags per officer instead of OEM for the kit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Part of the reason I bought my G17 was an abundance of cheap factory mags. I have never paid more than $12 for factory mags. Of course all the recent panic and hysteria has cause factory prices to spike. I'm set on what I want for glock mags, but I'm sure there are more like me who just enjoy having tons of mags and don't want to pay $20 for them
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I am in.  I have been in need of some 17 mags.  Wonder if they will release 33rds.  I have three of the Glock ones that I honestly never use though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:06:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, I hate things that work (yet TBD, but stay with me) but only cost half as much. I don't see the appeal at all.

I'm optimistic about them working reliably, but I'll test a couple mags before buying very many.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I dont think the reliability is the probelm. Durability over the long term will be the true test.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:37:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I dont think the reliability is the probelm. Durability over the long term will be the true test.
View Quote

Meh. Magazines are semi disposable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

FDE is a plus.

View Quote

This brings up a good point. All Glock mags are black (yeah yeah, except for the 43 FDE G22 mags out there). Magpul can put out orange, green, blue, FDE, ODG, or battleship gray mags all day long without even changing anything other than the polymer color.

They can open up a very large market, since all black guns are evil.

I need a handful of FDE mags for my FDE 19 and my FDE 22. LOL
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Can you only imagine how much a Glock smoked magazine would go for?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Fapping fanbois flip over Magpul announcement.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am in.  I have been in need of some 17 mags.  Wonder if they will release 33rds.  I have three of the Glock ones that I honestly never use though.
View Quote

So if you have 3 of the 33rds what makes you think you will use the magpul ones anymore than the factory ones?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hell yes.

19 mags too please
View Quote

This.

KCI mags will have to be price at $1-$2 to even be considered.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell yes.

19 mags too please

This.

I never bought any KCIs after the price went over $8
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:20:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fapping fanbois flip over Magpul announcement.
View Quote

I only own a pair of magpul sights. No other magpul products.

I support quality, cheaper magazines, $30 is ridiculous. I hope magpul makes more glock, springfield, sig, etc magazines. This market needs more competition. This announcement excites a lot of people that prefer D&H magazines and won't buy a P-Mag.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell yes.

19 mags too please

Hmm ... that's actually pretty good thinking.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Magpul is making a new "Sand" color.

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2015/01/18/magpul-bring-tan-mags-back/

Maybe we'll see Glock mags in this color too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're metal lined, what would be the purpose?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh yay, yet another color that doesn't match anything.

Unless it's field drab, in which case, why didn't they just call it field drab.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:06:26 PM EDT
[#42]
My guess based on their RIT dye comment is that it's going to be similar in color to B5's FDE. Probably on the lighter side.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does not appear the Magpul variety are FML
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My guess based on their RIT dye comment is that it's going to be similar in color to B5's FDE. Probably on the lighter side.
View Quote

I'm wondering if it's just the native color of the polymer they are using, some are a light tan color.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Magpul has stopped making magazines in other colors. Only black now.
View Quote

Sand is out for '15.

Can always rit dye em fde

Eta: didn't read all the way down and was beat.

I'd rit dye them emerald green for easy ID
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:06:28 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm already swimming in Glock mags from when they could be found for under $20 but if these Magpuls end up being ~$10 street price and work as well (which I would expect from Magpul) then I'd be down for a 10-pack. Why the hell not?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didnt realize the goal was for all your guns to look pretty and match for the camera.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm already swimming in Glock mags from when they could be found for under $20 but if these Magpuls end up being ~$10 street price and work as well (which I would expect from Magpul) then I'd be down for a 10-pack. Why the hell not?
View Quote

You'll never use 'em!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#49]
33 rounders under $20 would be a big seller to the pcc crowd. I know I'd be in for a 10 pack just go use the crap out of and save my factory ones back
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You'll never use 'em!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll never use 'em!

So what's your point?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top