BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm torn. I may try and get my Gen 3 graded to a Gen 4. (35)
View Quote

I don't think that they would do this considering that they are still making and selling Gen 3's.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I don't think that they would do this considering that they are still making and selling Gen 3's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm torn. I may try and get my Gen 3 graded to a Gen 4. (35)

They won't, it's a lot more than just a frame change to go from gen 3 to 4.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yup, new frame with a replacement serial number delivered to my door via ups. Don't really care about non matching serials. It has no bearing on anything for a pistol really. It's a completely different format than other glock serial numbers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just sent my G19 back a few weeks ago and got it back. I paid $100 for a frame upgrade (it was a gen 2 frame that was fucked up with a dremel by a previous owner) and $20 for steel sights installed. Got the Glock back delivered to my door in 2 weeks. Pretty much every small part was replaced, all three mags were replaced brand new Glock OEM, and I got a Glock case back with it. Two of the mags I sent in were from the mid 90's and the other was a KCI. One mag had a 2 round aftermarket extension. Glock replaced that one with a new mag and a new glock mag + extension. My frame had an aftermarket extended mag release which Glock replaced with their own extended mag release.

Basically everything was replaced on the pistol except for the slide and barrel

Glock CS is second to none.

I assume your new frame had a different serial number?

Yup, new frame with a replacement serial number delivered to my door via ups. Don't really care about non matching serials. It has no bearing on anything for a pistol really. It's a completely different format than other glock serial numbers.

So they sent you a Gen 4 frame?  This is what scares me about sending mine in...I have a Gen 2 from 1987 with Austrian marks and I sure as hell want it back if I send it in for internal upgrades.

Can you specifically request that they DO NOT change the frame?

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So they sent you a Gen 4 frame?  This is what scares me about sending mine in...I have a Gen 2 from 1987 with Austrian marks and I sure as hell want it back if I send it in for internal upgrades.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just sent my G19 back a few weeks ago and got it back. I paid $100 for a frame upgrade (it was a gen 2 frame that was fucked up with a dremel by a previous owner) and $20 for steel sights installed. Got the Glock back delivered to my door in 2 weeks. Pretty much every small part was replaced, all three mags were replaced brand new Glock OEM, and I got a Glock case back with it. Two of the mags I sent in were from the mid 90's and the other was a KCI. One mag had a 2 round aftermarket extension. Glock replaced that one with a new mag and a new glock mag + extension. My frame had an aftermarket extended mag release which Glock replaced with their own extended mag release.

If you send in a Gen2 frame, you will get back your Gen2 frame.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:18:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will get your gen 2 frame. The frame upgrade is an option that you have to pay $100 for.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pay $75 to ship it yourself, or $40 for an FFL to do it. You suck at math.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why did you go through an FFL? Guns going back to the factory from the owner can be sent direct from you and then be sent directly back to your house.

Came in to say this.  You wasted $40 and you lost your machined steel parts

Pay $75 to ship it yourself, or $40 for an FFL to do it. You suck at math.

I sent my G19 in with the cracked slide through my ffl. Total shipping cost was $36. FFLs can ship much cheaper.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top