slide lock spring G19
slide stop lever G19
trigger housing with ejector 9mm
trigger housing pin
trigger pin
trigger spring
trigger with trigger bar
mag G19 15 round quantity 2

And, I got a Glock box to boot, which I was thinking about buying for $20 bucks!

What did all this cost me?  $40 FFL transfer cost.

One happy fucker right here...
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
So what your saying is they sent you a new gun
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:37:17 AM EDT
[#2]
sounds like a good deal, I also have a G19, its a 1999 model Gen 3, I would like to have mine updated, what did you have to do to set that up for updating?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sounds like a good deal, I also have a G19, its a 1999 model Gen 3, I would like to have mine updated, what did you have to do to set that up for updating?
View Quote

Call Glock and tell them you would like your pistol updated.  They will email you a form.  Fill it out and send it with the gun.  Shipping through an FFL is usually cheaper then going through FedEx or UPS.  Wait two to three weeks before you get it back.  That's it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:13:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Well that's easy enough, I bought this 19 used from a friend, its had alot of rounds through it, it functions ok but think I will send it in, if mine comes back that cheap I'll be a Happy Fucker too. thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I sent it up for the updates and they changed the following:

connector 1
extractor 9mm
spring loaded bearing 9mm
extr.dep.plunger 9mm
extr.dep.plunger spring
firing pin 9mm
spacer sleeve
firing pin spring 24n
firing pin spring cup
firing pin safety assy
locking block G19
magazine catch 9mm
magazine catch spring
recoil spring G19
slide cover plate
slide lock
slide lock spring G19
slide stop lever G19
trigger housing pin
trigger pin
trigger spring
trigger with trigger bar

And, I got a Glock box to boot, which I was thinking about buying for $20 bucks!

What did all this cost me? $40 FFL transfer cost.

View Quote

Why did you go through an FFL? Guns going back to the factory from the owner can be sent direct from you and then be sent directly back to your house.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:12:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why did you go through an FFL? Guns going back to the factory from the owner can be sent direct from you and then be sent directly back to your house.
View Quote

Came in to say this.  You wasted $40 and you lost your machined steel parts
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:23:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I should leave my G27 that I got the first year they came out as-is?  I never have had a problem with it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So I should leave my G27 that I got the first year they came out as-is?  I never have had a problem with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it aint broke...
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Glock's service really is pretty awesome. You don't even have to bother contacting them.

Just fill this form out and mail it in with your gun. Check the box off for having them install factory night sights for $57 while it's there

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#10]
For $40 you could have ordered the guts of the pistol online that were worn or needed upgrading and done the work yourself.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Did they give two new mags or rebuild your old ones?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I just sent my G19 back a few weeks ago and got it back. I paid $100 for a frame upgrade (it was a gen 2 frame that was fucked up with a dremel by a previous owner) and $20 for steel sights installed. Got the Glock back delivered to my door in 2 weeks. Pretty much every small part was replaced, all three mags were replaced brand new Glock OEM, and I got a Glock case back with it. Two of the mags I sent in were from the mid 90's and the other was a KCI. One mag had a 2 round aftermarket extension. Glock replaced that one with a new mag and a new glock mag + extension. My frame had an aftermarket extended mag release which Glock replaced with their own extended mag release.

Basically everything was replaced on the pistol except for the slide and barrel

Glock CS is second to none.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:10:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Awesome..........Glocks rock and their customer support rocks, too.

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's my invoice. Couldn't be happier for $120. I basically have a brand new gun
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For $40 you could have ordered the guts of the pistol online that were worn or needed upgrading and done the work yourself.
View Quote

^^This.

$40 FFL transfer to ship isn't awful.

Unless you have a FFL, you have to ship firearms 2nd day with UPS and Fedex.  That's going to cost about the same.  An FFL has access to cheaper shipping options.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I sent it up for the updates and they changed the following:

connector 1
extractor 9mm
spring loaded bearing 9mm
extr.dep.plunger 9mm
extr.dep.plunger spring
firing pin 9mm
spacer sleeve
firing pin spring 24n
firing pin spring cup
firing pin safety assy
locking block G19
magazine catch 9mm
magazine catch spring
recoil spring G19
slide cover plate
slide lock
slide lock spring G19
slide stop lever G19
trigger housing pin
trigger pin
trigger spring
trigger with trigger bar

What did all this cost me? $40 FFL transfer cost.

Not in all states.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I sent a G2 G19 slide in for refinish and night sights and wanted to save my nonMIM parts, so I stripped it, sent it in, it came back a month later with all new parts. Voila
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Should of kept your extractor if it was in good shape.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Wow hard not to be happy with that, good to hear they did you right
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Did they give two new mags or rebuild your old ones?
View Quote

2 new mags.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why the 3 fucks would I go about looking for parts, buying them and installing them myself when I can have a Glock armorer, who works for the very company, do it for the cost of shipping it to them?  And I doubt that long ass list of parts would have totaled $40 bucks on my end...

Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FedEx would have been $65, and I would much rather support a local FFL.  FedEx will do just fine without my mula.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Glock's service really is pretty awesome. You don't even have to bother contacting them.

Just fill this form out and mail it in with your gun. Check the box off for having them install factory night sights for $57 while it's there

http://us.glock.com/documents/GLOCK%20Warranty.pdf

View Quote

On that form it lists a frame upgrade for $100. Does that mean your Gen 2 pistol will return with rails?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pay $75 to ship it yourself, or $40 for an FFL to do it. You suck at math.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not in all states.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not in all states.

Your good in PA. It can be shipped straight to your door as long as they're not replacing the receiver.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just sent my G19 back a few weeks ago and got it back. I paid $100 for a frame upgrade (it was a gen 2 frame that was fucked up with a dremel by a previous owner) and $20 for steel sights installed. Got the Glock back delivered to my door in 2 weeks. Pretty much every small part was replaced, all three mags were replaced brand new Glock OEM, and I got a Glock case back with it. Two of the mags I sent in were from the mid 90's and the other was a KCI. One mag had a 2 round aftermarket extension. Glock replaced that one with a new mag and a new glock mag + extension. My frame had an aftermarket extended mag release which Glock replaced with their own extended mag release.

View Quote

I assume your new frame had a different serial number?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I got a new glock frame and it had a different serial #. I forget the cost.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I did to a couple of 2nd gen 17's.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:00:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I sent a G2 G19 slide in for refinish and night sights and wanted to save my nonMIM parts, so I stripped it, sent it in, it came back a month later with all new parts. Voila
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Why the 3 fucks would I go about looking for parts, buying them and installing them myself when I can have a Glock armorer, who works for the very company, do it for the cost of shipping it to them?  And I doubt that long ass list of parts would have totaled $40 bucks on my end...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Firing pin alone is about $40. You came out ahead.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, new frame with a replacement serial number delivered to my door via ups. Don't really care about non matching serials. It has no bearing on anything for a pistol really. It's a completely different format than other glock serial numbers.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:32:05 AM EDT
[#32]
NM

Some people have different opinions.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please show me where you can get all of those parts including the 2 15 rd mags for $40.  I haven't seen anywhere advertising new mags for $20 or less in a while.

That said, most of those parts probably didn't "need" to be replaced, and while I'm not on the "OMG MIM SUCKS" bandwagon, I wouldn't have traded a machined extractor for an MIM one.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:41:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Please show me where you can get all of those parts including the 2 15 rd mags for $40.  I haven't seen anywhere advertising new mags for $20 or less in a while.

That said, most of those parts probably didn't "need" to be replaced, and while I'm not on the "OMG MIM SUCKS" bandwagon, I wouldn't have traded a machined extractor for an MIM one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got an older non loaded chamber indicator extractor back with mine. I suppose it is probably new old stock machined as I dont think Glock has used this older type extractor in a long time. My Glock was built in 1988 and has Austrian proofs. It was a shame I had to replace the frame because it was messed up by the prior owner.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:52:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

USPS won't ship guns from individuals. UPS and FedEx require handguns be shipped overnight so their monkeys have a smaller window to steal them. FWIW, the old Glock tupperware boxes will fit in the Priority mail flat rate padded envelopes - ship from your FFL for $6. I take stuff to my FFL along with a Priority box and they mail it for me for $15, including the shipping cost.

Machined steel don't mean squat if it's worn out.

Guy comes on to say Glock did him a solid and everybody wants to jump on him. Man, tough room.....

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#36]
So a rebuilt/refurbished gun for $40,  Whats the problem?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So a rebuilt/refurbished gun for $40,  Whats the problem?
View Quote

Its the internet and everyone elses opinion matters more than every one elses opinion.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#38]
By the way, no MIM parts were installed in any of my Glocks that were returned to Glock for service.
But this is the internet and OMG! I must be wrong!
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#39]
so if you send your gun to Glock for $40 you get it back with 2 free new mags?  Unreal.  Seems fishy they gave you 2 free mags
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
so if you send your gun to Glock for $40 you get it back with 2 free new mags?  Unreal.  Seems fishy they gave you 2 free mags
View Quote

I never got mags with mine but they did give me a new case each time I send one in.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, they replace the old mags you send in with the gun with new ones.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#42]
did they return the parts they replaced?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, they keep them all.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Negative.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

USPS won't ship guns from individuals. UPS and FedEx require handguns be shipped overnight so their monkeys have a smaller window to steal them. FWIW, the old Glock tupperware boxes will fit in the Priority mail flat rate padded envelopes - ship from your FFL for $6. I take stuff to my FFL along with a Priority box and they mail it for me for $15, including the shipping cost.

Guy comes on to say Glock did him a solid and everybody wants to jump on him. Man, tough room.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the beauty of arfcom; I always get both sides.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#46]
That is actually mind blowing. How do they not lose money on this? Either way very cool. I am guessing it takes their armorers all of 15 minutes, possibly less, to slap those new parts on.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Even better,  if you're close to Glock (like me)  you can just drive over and they'll do it while you wait.

-bob

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That is actually mind blowing. How do they not lose money on this? Either way very cool. I am guessing it takes their armorers all of 15 minutes, possibly less, to slap those new parts on.
View Quote

Because Glock parts are stupid cheap. My cost on every individual part in the upper is between 99 cents and 4 bucks. The lowers parts aren't much different. Doing this gets them sales. Great CS will sell more guns than most people realize.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Great customer service is a sales driver.  It doesn't cost the much in parts or labor, and the number of people who actually use this service (compared to the number of guns that they sell) is very small.  It's just good business practice.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top