[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do these have the newer smooth / glossy finish on the slide?  Hard to tell
View Quote

It is the newer finish.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine's going to be $629 OTD once it arrives.  Seems reasonable for what you get.

Quoted:

Tag price or OTD?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Picked up a 17 at the Phoenix Glockmeister store today.  Never been a tan gun fan, but it grew on me quick.  The RTF2 texture is perfect (I'm used to aggressive Gunner grips on my 1911 - this is no where near as sharp).  I also like the TD/Vickers mag release and slide stop a lot more than I thought I would.  Glockmeister had already installed them and the base pads.  The sights are nice but the range will be the test.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I want one
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Trying to unload my 22RTF2 right now to fund one of these
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#10]
got my set from peakfirearms they have another 17 in stock

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 4:44:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Too bad I already have a 17 RTF2 with scallops and a 19 RTF2 straight. I prefer HD sights and black guns anyways. But I'm glad to see the RTF2 frame again. I need to find a 21 RTF2 to be happy (and probably complete with my glock buying, I won't own one that's not RTF2).
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#12]
this thread is making me crazy...

my ffl said it could be "months" before he gets them in stock...
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Good looking Glocks! If I had the $$ I would grab a 17 for sure, I like the sights, color, and frame style. Sadly I do not though so I get to enjoy everyone's pics here. Lol
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't wait.  Get yours on Gunbroker while they're still in the realm of reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Would love to pick one of these up, but I refuse to buy Glocks with the shitty slide finish, which pretty much rules out any Glock produced in the past few years.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#16]
This.  My understanding is there are only 2500 guns of each model.  I suspect they will all be gone in a few weeks, let alone months.  The 19's are already pretty hard to find.  Buy one elsewhere and have him do the transfer.  

Quoted:

Don't wait.  Get yours on Gunbroker while they're still in the realm of reasonable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Would love to pick one of these up, but I refuse to buy Glocks with the shitty slide finish, which pretty much rules out any Glock produced in the past few years.
View Quote

I haven't had any problems with the newer finish.  Looks and wears exactly like what they had for a decade before the "frying pan" finish.

To each his own.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I like these pistols a LOT, but the gen3 frame just doesn't fit my hand as well as the gen4.  Surprised that LAV actually went with the gen3 dimensions, as he's always talking about how he has such tiny hands...
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like these pistols a LOT, but the gen3 frame just doesn't fit my hand as well as the gen4.  Surprised that LAV actually went with the gen3 dimensions, as he's always talking about how he has such tiny hands...
View Quote

I have midget hands and prefer a Gen 4, but the RTF frame FEELS smaller than the standard Gen 3 for some reason.  We busted out the calipers and the RTF is about the same size as the other Gen 3s, but it feels like a Gen 4 in the hand.

I had the same concern that you do, but I went for it anyway.

Also, this place has 17s in stock for a good price: https://www.jjgunsupply.com/p-1611-glock-17-rtf2-fde-vickers-tactical.aspx
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This.  My understanding is there are only 2500 guns of each model.  I suspect they will all be gone in a few weeks, let alone months.  The 19's are already pretty hard to find.  Buy one elsewhere and have him do the transfer.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm stopping by his place this week to confirm that he's getting one from Lipseys. If I can't get that I'm off to GB
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Got an email saying Monday most likely!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Anybody take a stock Glock and a fancy one of these and shoot them side by side?

I predict same groups/times= it's all about the Chicks /tacticool dig it!!!

A long time ago my recommendation to folks was get a Glock, lots of mags, a Kramer horsehide holster, a ton of ammo and shoot the heck out of it!
I haven't seen any reason to change something that works great for cosmetics. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#23]
lol
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Picked up my Vicker's G17 and my FDE G19 Gen 4 today,  both look great.  It was my first time ordering from Glockmeister, but I will definitely be back.  Fast shipping and no issues at all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anybody take a stock Glock and a fancy one of these and shoot them side by side?

A long time ago my recommendation to folks was get a Glock, lots of mags, a Kramer horsehide holster, a ton of ammo and shoot the heck out of it!
I haven't seen any reason to change something that works great for cosmetics. YMMV
View Quote

its not "cosmetics" that made me want one. But it was the combination of features. The only cosmetic thing I prefer was the FDE and if I only wanted that I could spend a lot less.

But I like the sights and they come installed (a bonus for someone who doesn't live anywhere near a decent/timely gunsmith and I haven't ever replaced my own sights before), I love the fact that its both Gen 3 AND RTF2 without the "gills" and I do enjoy the extended mag release and slide stop.

So its a package thing. Not a bling thing. Actually - if this had "Vickers" stamped on the slide or additional logos on the grips, etc. I wouldn't be buying one at all.

For me - its the package deal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rtf2 is cosmetic?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote

Glock 17 - $500

Vickers Slide Release - $16

Vickers Mag Release - $19

Vickers Mag Floor Plates - $18

Vickers Sights - $100

Total value - $653

People are buying these for less than $650, so it's a good value if you like the extra features. Especially if you like the RTF2 frame since those are no longer available (and have never been available in tan if you like that color).
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:14:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Joined the club today

Paid $625 for it

Sir James...
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:15:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Glock 17 - $500
Vickers Sights - $100

Total value - $653

People are buying these for less than $650, so it's a good value if you like the extra features. Especially if you like the RTF2 frame since those are no longer available (and have never been available in tan if you like that color).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock 17 - $500
Vickers Sights - $100

Total value - $653

Even that isn't a fair assessment since I have seen RTF2s going for 20% more than standard frames with regularity.

I paid $643 shipped, which would be fair for a non-RTF with the included parts.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:16:33 AM EDT
[#30]
The texturing seems to be SLIGHTLY subdued compared to previous RTF models.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm not a Glock guy  but I picked up a LAV 17 to have as my lone Glock example.  Seemed like a nice upgrade list at a more than fair price.

The stock trigger did seem too heavy, so I dropped in a Lone Wolf 3.5 connector.  Now it is a little too light for my tastes I think.  I nned something in between.  Should the stock trigger lighten up over time?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#32]
I got the "we're shipping" email yesterday about my Vickers Glock 19...Ive never shot a 19... Ive got a bunch of .40 glocks and .45 glocks, but no 9mm... Looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Is it just me or do the little nubs on the RTF texture seem kind of fragile?  I already noticed a couple of them are flattened on my new 17.  I'm thinking with a lot of hard use the RTF will eventually loose some of it's grip.  The grip texture on my Gen 4's feels just as grippy, but seems more durable.  I think this is the only thing keeping me from buying the 19 to go along with my 17.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:35:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is it just me or do the little nubs on the RTF texture seem kind of fragile?  I already noticed a couple of them are flattened on my new 17.  I'm thinking with a lot of hard use the RTF will eventually loose some of it's grip.  The grip texture on my Gen 4's feels just as grippy, but seems more durable.  I think this is the only thing keeping me from buying the 19 to go along with my 17.
View Quote

Pretty sure the FDE is weaker than the black.  Just a hunch.  Magwell seems to have a lot more flex.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 3:27:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Just picked up my Vicker's 19.

Love it. Funny,  but I have been on the hunt for a rtf 19 and had no luck. I did find a G22 rtf but wanted a 17 and a 19. Original rtf 19s go for crazy prices so I figured I got sights for free. I paid $599
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#36]
GREAT price!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Love it. Funny,  but I have been on the hunt for a rtf 19 and had no luck. I did find a G22 rtf but wanted a 17 and a 19. Original rtf 19s go for crazy prices so I figured I got sights for free. I paid $599
View Quote

I picked mine up yesterday - also $599

At that price - a new, standard 19 with those sights would've been tempting. Let alone the other goodies and RTF2!!

I'm really liking it.  I'm not totally sold on the sights though...I have Trijicon HDs on my other two glocks and really like those huge front dots. We'll see though - gotta take it to the range before I have any real opinions.

But heck yes I'm pleased with the purchase! I'll get a pic later...
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

At that price - a new, standard 19 with those sights would've been tempting. Let alone the other goodies and RTF2!!

I'm really liking it.  I'm not totally sold on the sights though...I have Trijicon HDs on my other two glocks and really like those huge front dots. We'll see though - gotta take it to the range before I have any real opinions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you guys seeing $599?

Cheapest I've found is $660. I would pay $599 today.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had my local guy order me one. That's what he charged. It was $640 after tax, transfer, etc.

ETA:

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I have one of the 19s sitting on my desk at work. I'll be buying it later this week.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:55:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Sadly I'm not the biggest fan of Gen3 s but these are nice. More so for the options than color IMHOTEP. Now oddly enough a Gen4 med back strap feels different than the LAV gen3 I played with at the store. I guess my reason for getting one isn't good cause the only reason would really be to get the SAI magwell and have boresight work the gun completely over... Idk silly me I guess

P.S. If anyone doesn't like the sights as much as they wish they did and want some Trijicon HDs I have an extra set I'll trade you.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Got my G19 yesterday. I really wanted a 17 but my LGS couldn't find one at the time.

It's begging for a threaded barrel!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Surprised that mine came without gen 4 cut mags. I didn't even realize they still made those mag bodies.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#46]
My 17 is on the way :)
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#48]
We got a couple of the 19s in at the shop.

I'm going to buy one tomorrow as it will be my 2nd 19.

I can't wait to get a threaded barrel on it so I can suppress it
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#49]
200 rds down the pipe today and zero issues. Well, except for the sights being WAY off :) Guess it's time to break down and buy the tool.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top