Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 5:00:56 PM EDT
A guy I work with had to put his G20 out of service due to failures on the range, where I work we all carry personally owned weapons.  He asked me to take a look at it and get it back up and running, and based on what he said, it has to be the extractor.  I haven't had time to inspect it since I don't have it yet, but obviously I will do that prior to ordering....but its gotta be the extractor.

Question is, its a gen 2 G20.  Can I put any extractor for a G20 in there, or is there a specific type that I have to order?  I will also be replacing the spring and guts behind it, and of course a fresh recoil spring just for shits.  May as well put in a new trigger spring since I'll have it and they're cheap.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
A quick look at a book that I have shows three different extractors for 10mm Glocks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A quick look at a book that I have shows three different extractors for 10mm Glocks.
View Quote

Im seeing.....

Old school at the closer to 90 degree angle;

New style without LCI

New style with LCI

Hopefully thats it?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Im seeing.....

New style without LCI

New style with LCI

Hopefully thats it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im seeing.....

New style without LCI

New style with LCI

Hopefully thats it?

I have a 90° breach face 2nd generation G20 with a LCI extractor.

Replaced the extractor and the SLB with the LCI specific version.

I did this because I had the parts on hand, otherwise I would have ordered the non-LCI 90° extractor is here.

In a pinch a .40 extractor can work too, they are the same other than the 10mm being thicker to fill the deeper slot on the wider G20 slide.

I have a G20 slide (LWD) I profiled down to G17 width and it has a 9mm LCI extractor and a non LCI SLB to increase tension.

This slides is for 9mm right now, but ultimately will be my Tokarev upper.

Notice the OEM Firing Pin Safety is the same part for 9mm/40/357 and 10mm as well.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If it's a gen 2 I'm guessing that one will be the one you need.    I'd wait until  you have it in hand, though.

How are you sure it's the extractor?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im seeing.....

New style without LCI

New style with LCI

Hopefully thats it?

If it's a gen 2 I'm guessing that one will be the one you need.    I'd wait until  you have it in hand, though.

How are you sure it's the extractor?

I'm not, because I've worked on this crap long enough to know I can be surprised .  But its leaving spent cases in the chamber and trying to load fresh ones behind it, so I figure its a good start.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Just call Glock and give them the model &  serial number, ask for the correct part numbers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top