Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 2:48:43 PM EDT
hello,
i have a glock 21 whose frame I have mod'd.  I am thinking about maybe selling it, I don't know.  I am happy w/ the mods but it isn't like soemthing from bowie customs and woudl probably drop the resale value significantly.  If I were, is it the case that you can send the frame/gun to glock usa and the'll destroy it and make another w/ the same SN?  If so, how much does that cost?

Thx
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
It would probably depend on the mods that you did. Whether Glock would do anything for you. Probably have to go straight to Glock themselves to get a quote.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy used frame off one of the auction sites.  Or sell your slide and parts as best you can.

It's just not good business for Glock to be sympathetic to "I wrecked my gun, but you'll replace it for me, right?"

I'm pretty sure there's all kinds of ATF no-no's about building new frames with old serial numbers.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Glock will sell you a new frame with a new serial # and destroy your old frame for you.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
You could always buy a lone wolf frame
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Glockmeister sells new frames, as well as other Glock venders.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I just sent my G42 frame in for replacement.  Basically the same story as yours.  A guy I know tried to do a stipple job and ruined it.  I offered him, well let's say it was less than 200 for the whole gun and he accepted.  I knew Glock did frame replacements and turn around is 2-3 weeks.  I am not sure what they charge for each frame type but a 42 frame is $100 plus my state sales tax.  They will give you a new serial number, not the same one.  Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I had heard befor that the factory did frame replacements for $100, I was checking for confirmation.

Are we sure that they give you a frame w/ a new SN???
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had heard befor that the factory did frame replacements for $100, I was checking for confirmation.

Are we sure that they give you a frame w/ a new SN???
View Quote

As I stated in my above.  yes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could always buy a lone wolf frame
View Quote

+1, I have one for my G34 and love it!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Glock,frame replacements are $100.00 and have a new serial number.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top