Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2014 10:35:15 PM EDT
I recently got a gen 2 19 in a trade from a co worker. I have known this guy for a long time and he carries way more than he shoots. I was preparing for a range trip tomorrow and was hand cycling some aluminum cased ammo through the gun. (Safe direction in rural back yard). I wanted to see how worn the magazine springs were in the three mags he provided. I discovered a disturbing issue. The round would chamber, but upon extraction the round would only come out of the chamber half way and the entire slide would seize up to the extent that it was impossible to retract to ejection. Is this an issue with the extractor? Or the ammo? I noticed that it didn't appear to have the same issue with brass cased ammo, and it didn't happen in my gen 3 19. I am confused. Thoughts? I should also note that I do believe that the weapon has had the parts upgrade.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't answer your question, but i sent both of mine to Glock to have them rebuilt.   For free.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Back in 1991 when I got my first Glock 19, I had a bad time with baler aluminum ammo. Brass was perfect. In recent years, I noticed that the Gen 3a I have will feed aluminum with no problem. My brother still has his Glock 17 from 1990 and he had the same issue to with  blazer ammo. I often contributed it to maybe small changes made and also the cut from 90 to 15 degrees on the ejection port.
That could be the case, but not sure. All my Gen 3'A feed everything flawless.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hand cycling is a lot different than actually firing the gun.   I wouldn't worry unless there are problems actually shooting it.

Before doing that, I'd take a brush to the chamber and bore just in case.
View Quote

I can hand cycle some of my pistol as fast and hard as I can and still get fte's. Shoot it and see what happens.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Like everyone said, shoot it and see what it does.

My gen 2 police trade in 17 will feed, shoot, and eject aluminum, brass, and steel case with no issues.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:32:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. Got to the range today and it ran like a top. Guess I got worked up over nothing. Case closed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top