Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2014 6:21:26 PM EDT
Bad day at the range, my G17 had a trigger malfunction where it was locked forward and would not fire.
It probably has less than a thousand rounds or so through it.
Stripped it down and the only thing that I could find is the trigger safety can comes way out of the trigger which is what it felt like, the trigger safety sticking and locking the trigger.
Is this something I should be able to fix at home?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Bad day at the range, my G17 had a trigger malfunction where it was locked forward and would not fire.
Stripped it down and the only thing that I could find is the trigger safety can comes way out of the trigger which is what it felt like, the trigger safety sticking and locking the trigger.
View Quote

Are you close to Glockmeister?  Personally I'd feel a little better just getting the part and having someone that works on Glocks all day install it.  I readily admit that I don't know all that much about how Glock internals function, which is why I'll pay someone to do it for me, especially if its a part that causes the gun to cease functioning on an EDC or duty weapon.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Is your trigger spring broken? That's my first thought.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't think it is the trigger spring but I am close to Glockmeister so I will swing by (I have been planning on getting a set of night sights put on another pistol anyway)
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are you close to Glockmeister?  Personally I'd feel a little better just getting the part and having someone that works on Glocks all day install it.  I readily admit that I don't know all that much about how Glock internals function, which is why I'll pay someone to do it for me, especially if its a part that causes the gun to cease functioning on an EDC or duty weapon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

nvm, didnt see he lived close to GM
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:52:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Proper lube on the connector?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't think it is the trigger spring but I am close to Glockmeister so I will swing by (I have been planning on getting a set of night sights put on another pistol anyway)
View Quote

So what was the problem?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#8]
It was an odd problem, the trigger safety would come out of the trigger far enough that you could clearly see the notch in the back of it (the trigger safety).
If you got into the trigger normally, there was no problem but if you were in a hurry and put sideways pressure on the safety lever as you slid your finger in, it would hang up on the trigger face and not retract when you pressed it.
The armorer told me it was working fine but I spent the $15 for a new trigger assembly and now cannot get it to hang.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top