Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2014 12:26:49 AM EDT
I have a Glock 22 that needs to be finished. Is it better to have it durakoted or cerakoted?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:28:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Cerakote is the toughest of the paints available.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a slide that was Norrels Moly Resin coated in August and is already showing signs of holster wear, I would probably skip them
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:06:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Sending it to Glock to refinish for $45 > *
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I just had my glock slide and a few extra parts  Cerakoted for $36, 5 day turnaround time. There seems to be quite a few places doing glock slides for under $40
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Cerakote is tougher than duracoat, but still nothing like a DLC coating.  My cerakoted G17 started showing holster wear from dry fire practice the day I got it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cerakote is tougher than duracoat, but still nothing like a DLC coating.  My cerakoted G17 started showing holster wear from dry fire practice the day I got it.
View Quote

possible it was not sprayed / prepped right?  My cerakoted XDS has been in / out of its Kydex IWB prolly a few hundred times and it looks perfect
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't think there was a problem with the application.  It's not coming off in "chunks", nor is it wearing at all on the flat surfaces.  It's only wearing in the "normal" places along the edges of the slide.  I actually prefer the way it looks with a little wear on it, so it doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sending it to Glock to refinish for $45 > *
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just had my glock slide and a few extra parts  Cerakoted for $36, 5 day turnaround time. There seems to be quite a few places doing glock slides for under $40
View Quote

Link?

And does that price include removal of the firing pin channel liner and installing a new one after refinishing?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Link?

And does that price include removal of the firing pin channel liner and installing a new one after refinishing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

Yeap, new channel liner installed. Im VERY satisfied with the results, just put it back together the other day and the work is great.  You dont have to have a FB account to see his page, his contact info is on the left hand side  https://www.facebook.com/amendment2customcoating

Here is my finished product

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeap, new channel liner installed. Im VERY satisfied with the results, just put it back together the other day and the work is great.  You dont have to have a FB account to see his page, his contact info is on the left hand side  https://www.facebook.com/amendment2customcoating

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/chargeron24s/cera1_zps9e3085d5.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link?

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/chargeron24s/cera1_zps9e3085d5.jpg

How do you like those floorplates?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top