Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2014 7:33:48 PM EDT
I have a gen 4 Glock 19 that I'm thinking about getting the slide refinished on, and want to know what color of Cerakote is closest to the Glock factory finish. The gun currently has a Moly resin finish and I'm not very happy with how durable it is.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Sure. Ill post som up tomorrow when I can get a couple good day light photos.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Glock will refinish the slide for $45
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glock will refinish the slide for $45
View Quote

I've heard their turnaround time is 4-6 weeks, and while I am sure the finish they do is awesome my 19 is my only firearm at the moment and I don't want to be without it for over a month.

I am getting an AR at the end of Nov. I could probably wait until then to have it done by Glock.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#5]
as far as matching the factory color, if yours was the ashy flat black/grey that scratched easy as hell that my gen 4 was, I would think it would be a mix of armorer black and a very dark grey such as sniper gray or sig gray

Just had my slide, mag baseplate, mag catch, and slide stop cerakoted for $36 with a 5 day turnaround time. The guy installs a new channel liner as well.  Its in the mail out for delivery to me today so I have not laid eyes on it but all the pics the guy sent me looked great. I took a chance with some random dude off the internet that had a cerakote service listing on ebay. I skipped ebay, found his facebook page which had his number and texted him. His communication was great. I guess I will see how it turned out after work. I went with burnt bronze, here is one of the pics he sent me of the slide

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
as far as matching the factory color, if yours was the ashy flat black/grey that scratched easy as hell that my gen 4 was, I would think it would be a mix of armorer black and a very dark grey such as sniper gray or sig gray

Just had my slide, mag baseplate, mag catch, and slide stop cerakoted for $36 with a 5 day turnaround time. The guy installs a new channel liner as well.  Its in the mail out for delivery to me today so I have not laid eyes on it but all the pics the guy sent me looked great. I took a chance with some random dude off the internet that had a cerakote service listing on ebay. I skipped ebay, found his facebook page which had his number and texted him. His communication was great. I guess I will see how it turned out after work. I went with burnt bronze, here is one of the pics he sent me of the slide

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/chargeron24s/cerakoteg26_zps8929c648.png

View Quote

Appreciate the comment.  Glad you like the slide.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this your work? Where in TN?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  Im in Spring Hill.  Just south of Nashville.  Facebook Page
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good talking to ya last night, will have the slide in the mail today around 3! Can't wait to see the results
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:14:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes Sigbrown1297 is the one who did the job for me. Came out great

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Know the area well. I'm in franklin.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#12]
More amazing work from Jonathan

My 19 slide in Tungsten

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I kind of dig the gray color slides. Not too flashy, but make the black of the barrel and controls stand out/offset nicely.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I should have mounted the slide on my G19 frame and snapped a couple pics.  You'll have to put some up after you get it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for starting this thread! I now have sigbrowns FB page on the like list.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nice!! I guess that means I will not be getting any pics of the worn molyresin

HTR.
View All Quotes

Sorry man. Totally slipped my mind. Just looked like slide wear that you would see with the factory finishes after years and years of use.

I'll post up pics of the complete gun tomorrow
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tag.
Don't have Facebook.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Tag.
Don't have Facebook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tag.
Don't have Facebook.

You don't have to have a FB account to view my page.  Its a public page so all the pics are viewable.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Just got it back. Very, very pleased with the results.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#24]
looks real good. When I buy a G21 Im sending the slide straight in to get done in Tungsten, and when I buy a 19, im sending it straight in to get done in OD
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

What is a channel liner?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What is a channel liner?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is a channel liner?

Glock puts a plastic tubular sleve inside the slide (way in the back of the striker channel) that the striker goes through so its not metal on metal. When cerakoting, due to the heat of the baking process, this piece tends to melt / shrivel / de-form, so good coaters who know their stuff have new ones handy to install after the finish cures

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Glock puts a plastic tubular sleve inside the slide (way in the back of the striker channel) that the striker goes through so its not metal on metal. When cerakoting, due to the heat of the baking process, this piece tends to melt / shrivel / de-form, so good coaters who know their stuff have new ones handy to install after the finish cures

http://www.dillonprecision.com/uimages/Glock_Channel_Liner_m.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is a channel liner?

http://www.dillonprecision.com/uimages/Glock_Channel_Liner_m.jpg

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What is a channel liner?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

What is a channel liner?

It is the little plastic housing that the firing pin assembly etc rides in.

http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=175390

*edit

Sublime beat me to it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top