Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2014 10:38:21 AM EDT
First time shooting the 26 or any Glock 9mm for that matter. The pistol has Ameriglo orange front with blacked out rear sight. Also has GAP finger grip floorplate on the magazines. Well I left it as it was straight out of the box and the first rounds I ran through it were HST 147gr hollow points followed with 115gr Winchester round nose. The pistol ran absolutely flawless and did everything it should have perfectly. I shot at 5 yards which I feel is realistic for CCW use. It was amazingly accurate and follow up shots were very easy. I was able to put 2 in the chest and 1 in the head as fast as possible. (did that for shits and giggles)

My wife also shot it and liked it a lot and she isn't even a gun person! I'm flat out impressed with the Glock and it would be unfair to the M&P to compare the two IMO. I know apples to oranges because of the caliber difference but I had no idea the difference in recoil and control the 9mm has over the 40.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#1]
You have chosen wisely......My G-26 has been my EDC pistol for a little over a year now and it has been flawless:

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Shot mine this morning. What I like about the baby glock is that it shoots like a full size gun.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
That is does and prints very small. I have no problem with a fitted Tshirt and shorts. I'm curious what mods people do to their 9mm Glocks and still carry them. A buddy of mine said a replacement guide rod and spring will make it shoot like a .22. But I do not want to sacrifice any reliability! If I pull this out it HAS to go bang.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Find yourself a Brommeland Max-Con V and watch it disappear on your belt
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm assuming that is a holster. I currently use Comptac MTAC and love it. Went to a Crossbreed for a short amount of time and felt like I had a leather pad half way around my body, hated it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm assuming that is a holster. I currently use Comptac MTAC and love it. Went to a Crossbreed for a short amount of time and felt like I had a leather pad half way around my body, hated it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry mine in a mtac and think it's probably the best holster for carry.

The only upgrade I have is a set of trij hd night sights.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That is does and prints very small. I have no problem with a fitted Tshirt and shorts. I'm curious what mods people do to their 9mm Glocks and still carry them. A buddy of mine said a replacement guide rod and spring will make it shoot like a .22. But I do not want to sacrifice any reliability! If I pull this out it HAS to go bang.
View Quote

The factory dual spring guide rod is about as good as it gets. He may have been talking about using heavier springs which should soften recoil but that could affect reliability.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You have chosen wisely......My G-26 has been my EDC pistol for a little over a year now and it has been flawless:

<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/mic214/media/Firearms/G26-2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/mic214/Firearms/G26-2.jpg</a>
View Quote

Who makes that kydex?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A buddy of mine said a replacement guide rod and spring will make it shoot like a .22. But I do not want to sacrifice any reliability! If I pull this out it HAS to go bang.
View Quote

If you, or your buddy reload.... then there may be some merit to the statement above, as you can change the spring weight to compensate for reduced loads.

Outside of upgrading my sights, I don't change anything on my carry guns.  If your happy with the current sights, then buy some ammo/training..... make that lots of ammo, the G26 is an outstanding weapon and if you take the time to train/practice.... it's really pretty amazing how proficient you can become with it.  I'll be using it again at the IDPA BUG Nationals, and have probably close to 10K thru mine at this point, it will probably see 4K+ thru it in just the next 4-6 weeks.

I also carry in an MTAC... very nice holster and has served me well.

~g

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#11]
You chose wisely.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't mess with the stock spring.  Unless you plan on shooting some exotic ammo.  It's a 9mm.  My 10 y/o daughter can handle some of the hottest 9mm loads with a stock RSA w/o a problem.

The 2 things I make sure all my Glocks have are night sights and factory extended slide locks.  Why doesn't Glock just start selling with the ext slide locks I will never know.

The only other mod I did with my Glocks was the Glockmeister trigger upgrade.  I liked what it did to my Glock I did to the all.  It's smoother and lighter, around 4 1/2 lbs.

And I don't think it's out of the ball park to compare to M&P.  I think they are comparable when you look at functionality, reliability, and accuracy.  Where the Glock has a huge advantage when it comes to availability and cost of mags, holsters, interchangeability, parts, armorers (if you need one) ease of disassembly, choice of calibers, convertible.

The G26 is the most popular concealed carry piece in the world.

Well... I don't know if it really is but should be.  It definitely is the most popular CCW in this country.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Sights, GAP plates, and a Vickers slide stop lever and I'd consider it perfect. I heartily recommend against messing with the RSA or anything else like that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Who makes that kydex?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/mic214/media/Firearms/G26-2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/mic214/Firearms/G26-2.jpg</a>

Who makes that kydex?

That paddle rig is from G-Code.......
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Well I'm going to leave the pistol's recoil springs and all alone. I did get a Wolf 3.5 connector and a Wolf competition spring for the trigger. Also plan to do the .25 trigger job. I hope I don't regret installing these parts.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sights, GAP plates, and a Vickers slide stop lever and I'd consider it perfect. I heartily recommend against messing with the RSA or anything else like that.
View Quote

One more thing- get rid of the serrated trigger and put in a smooth one. Hate those serrated triggers.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 3:56:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Shot mine this morning. What I like about the baby glock is that it shoots like a full size gun.
View Quote

This is a very accurate statement, my 26 shoots like my 19.  The 26 is a great pistol, conceals very well.  You have an excellent firearm.

Every Glock I have gets a Wolff guide rod and spring set up, the stock springs are real good, but if did have two G23s in the early to mid 90s that have defective springs, broke and came apart.  I switched to Wolff at that time and never looked back.  Also each Glock gets Meprolight night sights.  These are the only two mods.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top