Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2014 10:32:48 PM EDT
I'd really like to see a 3.5# for this thing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Galloway has a new "trigger reset" bar coming out, and a performance spring kit (I replaced my striker-safety-plunger spring, and plan on doing the trigger return spring--but won't replace the firing-pin spring since I wouldn't want to weaken that).
I'm sure we'll see more parts/replacement stuff soon...the first company that gets it made and good reviews will sell a ton, whether it's LoneWolf, Apex, Ghost or Galloway.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up the Galloway spring kit. I replaced all three springs and my trigger failed to properly reset. I kept the firing pin safety spring in and the firing pin spring and went back to the OEM spring on the trigger return spring. So far, it is a nicer lighter trigger pull.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:49:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I like mine the way it came from the factory.  Wish all of my Glocks had this trigger and reset.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 6:18:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I think that Johnny Glocks can/will work your parts to 3.5# if you send him your 42 trigger.  I don't have a 42, but I did play with one he worked on in his shop (I'm local to him) and it was really nice.  I have had him do my G34 trigger, and "wow" is where I ended up...great trigger now.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the lone wolf 3.5# in all my other guns and was sure hoping someone would come out with a drop in version for the G42.
I will do the $.25 trigger job on the stock unit and see what I get.
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#6]
The Gallaway kit did not work for me with two different 42's

You can swap regular glock firing pin blocks and striker spring.  So get a reduced power firing pin block spring

The factory striker spring is the standard 5.5# like in all other glocks.  The Gallaway kit comes with a very nice 4# striker spring, but in some Glock 42's it will not reset the trigger safety.  In one 42 I had to put in a Wolff 4.5#, in the other a 5#.

the Galloway comes with an extra power trigger spring.  This alone helps get the pull down some.  If the Galloway striker spring works for your gun you will have a very much nicer trigger.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like mine the way it came from the factory.  Wish all of my Glocks had this trigger and reset.
View Quote

I like how short the take up and reset is. Dont like that its about 9 pounds though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't want to mess with the striker spring for fear of light strikes.  Is 4.5# plenty for 100% ignition on all big name ammo?
So far I just did the plunger spring and polished everything, but my trigger wasn't bad before,..I'm just trying to lighten it a little.

I MAY do the trigger return, but wanted to read reviews on it--and make sure it wouldn't affect reliability or, as the above person mentioned, reset.  Guess I'll leave that out.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't want to mess with the striker spring for fear of light strikes.  Is 4.5# plenty for 100% ignition on all big name ammo?
So far I just did the plunger spring and polished everything, but my trigger wasn't bad before,..I'm just trying to lighten it a little.

I MAY do the trigger return, but wanted to read reviews on it--and make sure it wouldn't affect reliability or, as the above person mentioned, reset.  Guess I'll leave that out.
View Quote

with a 4.5# striker spring I have had 3 light primer strikes in 150 rounds of Tul ammo.  I have not fired an better quality ammo yet but I FINALLY found some WWB 380.  Soon as I get to the range I will give that a try.

My in-laws gun has a 5# wolff striker spring.  100/100 of Tulammo and Federal aluminum cased.  

I'll start a separate post of what I have learned next week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top