Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2014 7:22:37 PM EDT
As the title says this is about sight tools.  I am looking for a reliable rear sight tool and a fron sight hex tool.  I am not interested in the staking tool as i have no need for it.  Does anyone have a idea where one can be found that IS NOT over 80 bucks?? Seems like they all cost 99$+.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The Glock factory front sight tool works fine and is cheap. For the rear, I opted for a MGW tool because I have several Glocks. It's well worth the money if you will be swapping sights more than a couple times. If you're just doing a couple sets, use a brass punch, a small hammer, and a vice.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
For the rear I use this:
http://www.sightpusher.com/Handgun-Sight-Tool.html
I've since used it on Glocks, Sigs, M&Ps, and a Beretta with no issues. It's ugly but works well, and the basic one is $60.

I use this for the front on all my Glocks:
http://www.10-8performance.com/glock-front-sight-nut-driver/

ETA: you can use a regular nut driver on the front one, but it has to be quite narrow (to clear the front of the slide) and can't have a radiused edge (because the nth is so thin).
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Glock factory front sight tool works fine and is cheap. For the rear, I opted for a MGW tool because I have several Glocks. It's well worth the money if you will be swapping sights more than a couple times. If you're just doing a couple sets, use a brass punch, a small hammer, and a vice.
View Quote

This.

Even the Glock Armorer instructors say this...
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the MGW sight pusher. It is the standard one that I have been using for years. As for the front, I really like the Aro-tek front sight tool.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are planning of more than one sight install, fork over the money for a good tool.  I cringe at the drift punch stuff.  MGW is flat out the best.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I've read that a drill press works, when I finally replace the sights on my glock that's what I plan on trying.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For the rear I use this:
http://www.sightpusher.com/Handgun-Sight-Tool.html
I've since used it on Glocks, Sigs, M&Ps, and a Beretta with no issues. It's ugly but works well, and the basic one is $60.

ETA: you can use a regular nut driver on the front one, but it has to be quite narrow (to clear the front of the slide) and can't have a radiused edge (because the nth is so thin).
View Quote

+1
Came here to post about the Fisher Solutions, works as described. As for the front sight, I took a regular 3/16 nut driver and gave it a few turns on the grinding wheel; adjusted it for fit with a file.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:29:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Wiha makes a quality 3/16" nut driver that works great on Glock replacement front sights, and can be had for about $8, even on Amazon. The MGW tool is invaluable on many handgun sights, including Glocks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1

I have the MGW (Maryland Gun Works) Glock rear sight tool and it works like a champ.

I think it was when I got my Big Dot sights that a plastic punch was included. I used it put it's a real pain in the ass unless you have done it before, and if you have done the punch thing before you will probably get a tool.

OP, be forewarned that the MGW rear sight tool is pricey and there are more options available these days. As TheJeanys said, it's well worth it if you will be changing sights on several guns but if it's a once in a blue moon thing you might want to consider going the brass punch and small hammer route (I like my Grace toolkit a lot) or better, take it to a local gunsmith.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:51:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Sorry for the tardy reply,  but thank you all so much for the feedback.  Made the decision easier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top