Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2014 9:04:27 AM EDT
Hey guys, long time springfield fan here and Glock newbie. Just went to the range with my XDS 9mm, rented a glock 26 and left with a new G26 gen 4. I have never looked into glock or read a single thread on a forum about them so I need a jump start.

When the mag is positively seated it is a little loose / moves around some, is that normal? im used to my springfield mags seating with no play at all

Those grooves on the trigger really begin to hurt the pad of my finger, do they make a smoothe trigger replacement?

While were on triggers, whats an affordable way to smooth up the trigger and make it even nicer then it already is?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You can replace the trigger with a smooth one for a Glock 17 gen 4.

The trigger pull will smooth out the more you shoot. Or you can do the "25 cent trigger job".

There are how to videos on YouTube for both. I would put the smooth faced trigger on and shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Just shoot it  a lot.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It is what it is tricking out the gun is a waste of time money and effort. Learn trigger reset. Shoot and dry fire about 2000 times you will have it down.
As much as people hate to hear it applying fundamentals and working at applying them goes much further than searching for some mechanical crutch
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
There is no good need whatsoever to change anything. Night sights if it doesn't have them yet, extra mags and ammo. Start figuring out a holster too. Any mods to the Glock is a waste of resources.

Cheers!

-JC

ETA: If it's normal amount of play with a seated mag than it's normal. Helpful huh? Yes a tiny bit of settling is normal.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.......I look forward to getting some Truglo TFOs on it and a lot of rounds down range
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#6]
All of my Glocks get the same three things, 25 cent trigger job, night sights and a Glock extended slide stop.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:34:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Except for adding some quality steel night sights, you should slow down and just shoot the thing.

I'll admit that I've added the Glock extended slide release to most of my Glocks, but I've learned after a lot of shooting that I prefer it.

As for the 25 cent trigger job, just smooth out your Glock by shooting it.  If the pistol works properly, leave the internals alone.

As for the trigger hurting your finger...your finger will toughen up as you shoot the pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top