Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2014 6:49:56 PM EDT
Changing my plastic stock sights to the Glock steel bits.  I'm hoping a brass or aluminum drift will work for the rear sight R&R?  Oh BTW they are non tritium sights.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:46:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a rear sight installation tool, it make installation and adjustment a breeze.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:53:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Get a rear sight installation tool, it make installation and adjustment a breeze.....
View Quote
This. Maybe if you have to adjust them a little you could use the drift, hell, I used a small brass hammer and you can't tell. But totally changing them out, get the tool.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a sight tool or go to a gunsmith. The OEM steel rear sight is a tight fit.

FWIW, a tool is a requirement for Ameriglo steels and any tritium sight.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I have seen a lot of tools offered for this job. What is the best tool (best value) and where to get it?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have seen a lot of tools offered for this job. What is the best tool (best value) and where to get it?
View Quote

Value is a relative term.  I have the MGW Sight Pusher for Glock and it is a well made purpose designed tool.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Value is a relative term.  I have the MGW Sight Pusher for Glock and it is a well made purpose designed tool.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is the only right answer.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Glocks are probably the easiest gun on the planet to change the sights. A vice and a derlin or brass  punch is all you need. I see no need to spend the money on a rear sight tool for a one time use. Springfield XD's are another story.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Glocks are probably the easiest gun on the planet to change the sights. A vice and a derlin or brass  punch is all you need. I see no need to spend the money on a rear sight tool for a one time use.
View Quote

This. I used a delrin punch and a ballpeen hammer to install the Trijicons on my 19.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:49:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I purchased a rear sight pusher ten years ago and ive used it many times.  Well worth the investment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:33:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks I'll try to locate a tool locally.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I just made my own..... DIY FTR

" />

Success!

" />

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:49:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I really like those steel sights, wish glock would put them on new guns
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top