Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2014 7:18:56 PM EDT
So today, I traded a guy for a G30SF.  The only hitch, was he got stupid with the dremmel, doing the undercut, and hacking on the first finger groove.  No harm, I have been looking for a suspect to get a set of balls on, and this fit.  So I finished grinding the finger grooves off, and sanding it smooth, undercut the trigger guard pretty deep, and stippled the grip.  It feels pretty dang nice, I can't wait to shoot it.    

Tell me more about the 30SF please.  I was unaware that it was a gen 4ish gun.  It has the Gen4 spring, but not the backstraps.  I would like to hear more from guys that own them, and how you like them.  Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Gen3 compacts have the concentric spring

I love mine btw

Correction: SUB-compacts
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a great gun, the only thing close that is better is a G30s. You will love it and congratulations...<><....
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 2:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a great gun, the only thing close that is better is a G30s. You will love it and congratulations...<><....
View Quote

What's better about the 30S?  I am not really in the know on these, so that's a serious question.  Thanks for the replies guys.  

On a side note, how do these things shoot?  Pretty decently, considering small gun/big bullets?  I was kind of shocked, (never having seen one), that is was so close, like damn near, in size to my favorite G19, except a little fatter.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What's better about the 30S?  I am not really in the know on these, so that's a serious question.  Thanks for the replies guys.  

On a side note, how do these things shoot?  Pretty decently, considering small gun/big bullets?  I was kind of shocked, (never having seen one), that is was so close, like damn near, in size to my favorite G19, except a little fatter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They shoot quite well.   The 30s has the thinner slide of the 36
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock 45 are very accurate

I consider my 30sf on par with my 19
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Of all the Glocks I own, I am the most accurate with the G30sf.  Not sure why, it just seems to like my hand a little better than my other Glocks.  I carry that gun everywhere when not at work.

OP- please post some pix of your finished product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top