Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2014 9:42:21 PM EDT
I bought a set of their tritium tall sights for my G20 to use with a silencer. Glock uses a tiny hex head screw to attach the front sight. Ameri Glo is small in diameter and very small in length. What a pain in the ass to install.

It didn't help that I didn't have a Glock front sight tool.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a 1/4" drive 3/16" deep socket on a screwdriver handle, Glock tool is lame. Or you could use a 3/16" nut driver.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup, my smith said the same thing. Just have to be sure to get a good coat of red loctite in there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bought a set of their tritium tall sights for my G20 to use with a silencer. Glock uses a tiny hex head screw to attach the front sight. Ameri Glo is small in diameter and very small in length. What a pain in the ass to install.

View Quote

I have ordered several sets of Ameriglo sights for Glocks, and each set has come with the front sight tool included.... an easy upgrade for me...
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:14:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have ordered several sets of Ameriglo sights for Glocks, and each set has come with the front sight tool included.... an easy upgrade for me...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sure wish mine had.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:15:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yup, my smith said the same thing. Just have to be sure to get a good coat of red loctite in there.
View Quote

I didn't have any red but I did use the medium strength blue.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:16:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I use a 1/4" drive 3/16" deep socket on a screwdriver handle, Glock tool is lame. Or you could use a 3/16" nut driver.
View Quote

The smallest 3/16 socket I had was to big around. It wouldn't clear the front of the frame.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 6:50:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I just installed a new set of Ameriglos, which included the wrench. You didn't get one? Ameriglo's sights are priced great, good quality and Rick's service is the tits in my experience.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I sure wish mine had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sure wish mine had.

PM me your address and I will send you one...
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 6:02:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks man but I already ordered one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I sure wish mine had.

Thanks man but I already ordered one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top