Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 7:20:41 PM EDT
So there was mention of the 36 in another thread.  I just bought a 41, and thought of buying a smaller .45 in the future.  I have never seen a 36 in person, but evidently it is pretty well the same size thereabouts as a 19.  I believe it was said that thickness of the slide is about the same as well.  

It was also mentioned that it was very near the size/feel of a 1911 as a Glock could get.  

That all said, I am now intrigued.  I fear the wheels of destiny have been set in motion.  

Let's hear about the 36 guys!
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a 36 for a while.  I think it was closer to the size of the 26/27 frame than the 19.  I also wouldn't really compare it to a 1911 in size, except maybe a compact 1911..  I would recommend seeing one in person before ordering one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a 36 for a while.  I think it was closer to the size of the 26/27 frame than the 19.  I also wouldn't really compare it to a 1911 in size, except maybe a compact 1911..  I would recommend seeing one in person before ordering one.
View Quote

Sounds like it didn't work out so good for you.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I liked it, honestly can't remember why I sold it.  I'm just saying that I don't think the physical description you've been hearing is accurate, and you may want to fondle one first to see it's actual size.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 3:05:55 AM EDT
[#4]
As much as I like the 36 I feel the 30s (S slim version not the SF small frame) is a better setup other than the grip being a little fatter width. Its a G30 small frame with the G36 slide on it so its a nice balance of thinness and magazine capacity. Really like them with the flat plate 9rnd mag, or the GAP plate.

My friend carry's his 36 and trust it, I have shot it a fair amount and really like the feel of it. The 36 has a smooth pushing recoil and nice feeling in the hand but the mag's and parts interchange issue are what I don't like. Once you get one in your hand try to get the 30s to compare to as I think you will have a hard time deciding, or you know........ get both
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:28:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Get a 30s.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:47:12 AM EDT
[#6]
if you want a .45 glock thats the size of a g19 the g38 is the answer you seek. my 19 and 38 are almost identical size
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:54:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I like Glocks a lot, but the answer to this same question I had was a Springfield XDs with a 7 round mag.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:09:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I had one, it was cool for awhile but you might as well carry a 19.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#9]
To fairly compare the 36 with the 19 and 26 you need to do so with the magazines in since that is how they will be carried. You may find that the 36 and 26 are similar in size if you have the magazines out, but with them in, it really is closer to a 19. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

The 36 was my first CC handgun back when I felt like I needed to carry a 45.  It did a good job for me and I never had reliability issues with it. I found it easy to shoot.  However once I got the 19, I found that I could carry it just as easily and have 15+1 rounds vs. 6+1. Also the gap between the frame and the magazine would often pinch my pinky during recoil, while not a big deal, it made shooting it a lot not quite as enjoyable as one would like. If I want smaller than 19, 26 is the answer not 36.

If I were set on getting a single stack 45 for CC, I would still pick the 36 over the XDS, but I would rather have a 30S over a 36 if I wanted a 45.

I finally sold my 36 after getting over the sentimental value of it being my first CC handgun. I realized I had not shot it in over 2 years and it deserved a better home than I was giving it. :)
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I love carrying the G36. And it shoots very well also. I think it is easier than carrieg the G19. And it is a 45.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I've carried a G36 for around 2 years now going from a G19 / G26.  I tried out some different things like +0 mag caps and went back to stock.  Bought the Comp-Tac leather conceal mag carrier, it sucked for the short mag.  Comp-Tac kydex belt or a pocket Desantis mag carrier is what I use normally.  For some reason I still like the 45 but could feel totally comfortable carrying a 9mm.  I will add a G30S to the collection some day and may go to full carry on that down the road. The G36, for me, has a slightly more recoil over all my other Glocks.  
Its the Glock for the Odd-Ducks.

I will update with some pics.

...and the Glock single stacks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I CCW'ed a G30 for about a year until I came across a screaming deal on a G36 and promptly retired the G30. G30 is a fine weapon, but felt like carrying a brick. The G36 seems to be just right for me. I carry AIWB and also a spare mag. You really owe it to yourself to try both first.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love carrying the G36. And it shoots very well also. I think it is easier than carrieg the G19. And it is a 45.
View Quote

I'd agree that it is marginally easier than carrying the 19. It is a little smaller in every dimension and before the 42 came out it was the thinnest Glock made. It is also clearly made for concealed carry as all the edges are sort of rounded off, even the front of the slide looks almost like it has had a melt treatment compared to the squared off 19.

I do wish they would have made a flush fit magazine for it, that would have made it easier to carry with a higher capacity magazine that could be carried for a reload.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Have a glock 36 for about a year. Shot it a lot and it's very reliable. I purchased a pj iwb kydex holster and it disappears under a t shirt. It's very comfortable to carry and it's a .45 . Only other thing I added was pearce mag base plates . Just the plus 0 model.  I would recommend shooting one before buying of course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top