Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 9:48:03 PM EDT
I was reviewing the data in my Accurate Powders manual and see that for a 165gr bullet the max load of AA9 is 15 gr. Supposedly the load produces 1341 fps and 34,100 psi. I am using virgin Starline brass, Winchester and Remington primers. I don't see any issue with this load since it is published data. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah apparently it's well within the operating range of the pistol. I shot some today and they actually were right at the point where the cases and primers are just barely beginning to show pressure signs. In other words I think this will be a fine load to shoot regularly in this pistol.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I have never advocated max loads- I go middle of the data range and if the gun functions I stop for what is likely practice ammo I see no need to push max. At the very least start at ten percent less. The 10mm case capacity doesn't leave much margin for error
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are seeing any pressure sign at all you are too hot back it off until you do not see them
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:14:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is what I meant by "the beginnings of pressure signs"

This will be a comparison so follow me.

We all know that 10mm factory loads are relatively light so the firing pin and firing pin hole "artifiacts" are rather lightly impressed compaired to the same artifacts on most spent 9mm, 40 cal, 357 sig, 45 acp, factory loaded cases. The artifacts left on the primer of my reloads looks more like what you would see in other caliber factory cases fired in Glocks than normal factory 10mm fired in a Glock.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Also what little case bulge there is looks a lot like what you would normally see in other calibers fired in glocks as well. Ie a little bit of a bulge on the side of the case where the extractor pushed it away from the chamber wall. And no significant bulge in the feed ramp area.

Maybe saying "the beginnings of pressure signs" painted the wrong picture. Compaired to anemic factory ammo yes these reloads show signs of more pressure but compaired to any other caliber I have ever seen shot in a Glock the brass looks totally normal by comparison.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top