Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2014 5:25:47 PM EDT
I'm a G19 fan myself, but my uncle very much wants a G30 series pistol, particularly the G30S.

Any feedback or thoughts from you guys on this model?   Good choice for a .45 CCW?

Eta:  for the uninformed ...

G30 - original, 10 rounds
G30SF - G30 with slightly smaller grip (distance between trigger and blackstrap)
G30S - Frame off the SF, but slide off the 36

G36 - slim (frame and slide), single stack .45.  6 rounds

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the best CCW .45 ACP's out there. I have one and it's great!!! Try it with the 9 round mag for CCW and you will fall in love with it....<><....:)
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#2]
It's virtually the same size as the G19, except for the frame/slide height, so it won't fit in kydex or any rigid G19 holster.

While I still love my 9mm Glocks, my 30s has rekindled my interest in the 45.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:24:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a 9mm fanboy, but the 30S or 29sf has caught my eye. Hard to beat the 30S when you consider the size/capacity.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there a big difference in recoil between the G30 and the G30S?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#5]
After carrying the 22/23 size for awhile now it felt huge in the hand, BUT it is a very good pistol !
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have both of those models.  I've shot them side-by-side.  I cannot detect much if any difference in recoil forces.  It is hard to believe how small the G30S really is until you have it in your hand.  People cannot believe how many rounds of 45 fit into the 30S.  Both models are great guns.

Love your avatar.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have both of those models.  I've shot them side-by-side.  I cannot detect much if any difference in recoil forces.  It is hard to believe how small the G30S really is until you have it in your hand.  People cannot believe how many rounds of 45 fit into the 30S.  Both models are great guns.

Love your avatar.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Love your avatar.  

Thanks for the reply.  I have been forcing myself to not buy one - I'm holding out for the Gen 4 version.  But, with no indication that they will be producing one in the near future, I'm changing my mind.

The avatar - thanks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I absolutely love my 30S. I'm an M&P guy that used to shoot Glocks back in the day, since I bought the 30S I now have a 26 and 19.....
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 2:15:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I have recently went to a G30S as my carry gun. Much as I like 1911's they are a crap shoot when you go under a 4" barrel , so I chose to go to a completely different platform, the Glock.
I did a few minor upgrades to mine. Heinie Night sights. a trigger bar with a smooth face trigger for a Glock 21, and a Ghost 4.5 Ranger connector. .                                                                                                             Trigger pull got very heavy just at break. I'd say 8 to 10 pounds. so the gun wanted to group and then start throwing shots.
The Ranger Connector was completely drop in . Trigger pull stayed about the same or maybe a ounce lighter. But the break is clean and the reset it short.
Maybe the coolest part of this gun is it will fit about 90% of the holsters made to fit the Glock 26 and 27. Yes, the baby glocks, and this gun goes right in, not tight fit.
My Wife has even shot it. she hates autos , likes revolvers. And she can shoot it pretty well. The gun has a recoil spring set up with 3 springs on the guide rod. This takes a lot of the recoil out of the gun and it's much more robust than what the 3 " 1911 guns use.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 2:16:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I have recently went to a G30S as my carry gun. Much as I like 1911's they are a crap shoot when you go under a 4" barrel , so I chose to go to a completely different platform, the Glock.
I did a few minor upgrades to mine. Heinie Night sights. a trigger bar with a smooth face trigger for a Glock 21, and a Ghost 4.5 Ranger connector. .                                                                                                             Trigger pull got very heavy just at break. I'd say 8 to 10 pounds. so the gun wanted to group and then start throwing shots.
The Ranger Connector was completely drop in . Trigger pull stayed about the same or maybe a ounce lighter. But the break is clean and the reset it short.
Maybe the coolest part of this gun is it will fit about 90% of the holsters made to fit the Glock 26 and 27. Yes, the baby glocks, and this gun goes right in, not tight fit.
My Wife has even shot it. she hates autos , likes revolvers. And she can shoot it pretty well. The gun has a recoil spring set up with 3 springs on the guide rod. This takes a lot of the recoil out of the gun and it's much more robust than what the 3 " 1911 guns use.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I love my 30s.  I would buy another without reservation.  I added iDot Pro sights and changed to a smooth faced trigger, but other than that I've kept it stock.  It is amazingly accurate for a compact .45.  Pleasant to shoot and carry.  It is my favorite CCW firearm by far.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I purchased the 30s, it is my first glock.I chose it for my edc, I like the way it fit my hand and it shot well. When i went home and removed the slide to clean it....the slide stop fell out I ordered a new spring and ghost trigger and night sights for it and dropped it off at the shop on the way outta town. I still think I'll keep it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Its my carry gun, except lately since its summer i usually just go with an LCP. At church or when going to anywhere that may be a heightened security risk, I carry 'em both...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top