Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2014 7:03:23 AM EDT
Well I got the Ameriglo Hackathron set http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/sight-sets/hackathorn-sight-sets-prod54527.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=AMERIGLO

But what I want to do is use the front sight and use the Warren Tactical solid rear sight. http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/rear-sights/rear-sights-for-glock--prod42505.aspx

I was thinking about going with the I dot setup or night rear sights. But the pistol is a 26 and if I ever need to use it then I doubt I will be worried with lining up some dots. I will just be looking for that front sight. But I like the wide U notch of the Warren and the bright orange of the Ameriglo. Plus it was pretty cheap
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at the Spartan Tactical style that Ameriglo offers?  I have a set on my G19 and for up close and personal stuff they are great.  It has the same or very similar front sight with the red fiber optic, and a wide notch rear sight.  For precision shooting I sometimes wish the front blade and rear notch were slightly narrower, but when I'm in a hurry they are very easy to find and put on target quickly.  I also like that the rear tritium has black outlines, so they basically disappear in daylight.  Again, that helps with a clean sight picture when you are in a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Ameriglo F/O front, ICE Claw rear set up here, love the combo. That bright red F/O really jumps out against the black rear. It gathers enough refracted light from my weapon light at night to work inside the house as well without need a dedicated nightsight.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Trijicon HD front Warren rear = BIG TIME WIN
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm pretty sure the Warren rear sight is taller than the OEM rear and won't work with the .165" tall front sight that I believe comes with the Ameriglo Hack sight set.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure the Warren rear sight is taller than the OEM rear and won't work with the .165" tall front sight that I believe comes with the Ameriglo Hack sight set.
View Quote

Well if that is true, that sucks
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Why do you want to use the Warren over the rear that comes with the Hack set, for the U notch?  The U notch doesn't make that much of a difference over a normal square notch and the rear sight that comes with the Hack set has a nice wide notch that works well with the wide ProGlo front sight.  Try it out and see if you like it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Probably worth saying, but if you are running any combination of sights that uses an OEM rear plastic sight, get rid of the OEM rear.  If you have ever had to clear a Glock using the rear sight and a hard object, you will only do it once, or less with the OEM plastic.  It will fall off.  This could be a life altering occasion.

I keep it simple and use Trijicon.....for almost everything.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

...it is true.

*ETA: you need a .215 front for it to work...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Well does anyone want a warren tactical U notch rear for $15? Lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:53:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well does anyone want a warren tactical U notch rear for $15? Lol
View Quote

I'll take it.

Hacks are nice simple sights.  I run them on my G19.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I run the Hack sights on two of my guns plus the OC front on another.  IMHO it's the best all around sight out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top