Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2014 11:48:31 AM EDT
So I've finally settled on the Dawson Competition black fixed rear (018-251) and the Dawson Fiber Optic front (050-303). I've never shot anything other than factory Glock sights, so I've had nothing to compare to. I just would like to hear of your opinion on rear notch width and front sight width before I order. I've looked at every sight picture I can find, and I think this is what will work best. Does anyone have any experience with these dimensions for practical competition shooting?

Rear - .135 notch width, .250T

Front - .105 wide, .230T

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I've finally settled on the Dawson Competition black fixed rear (018-251) and the Dawson Fiber Optic front (050-303). I've never shot anything other than factory Glock sights, so I've had nothing to compare to. I just would like to hear of your opinion on rear notch width and front sight width before I order. I've looked at every sight picture I can find, and I think this is what will work best. Does anyone have any experience with these dimensions for practical competition shooting?

Rear - .135 notch width, .250T

Front - .105 wide, .230T

Thanks.
View Quote

Won't you be shooting high with the rear sight being taller?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
That is what Dawson recommends for the 34 and I've talked to 2 people with that same setup on 34 and 35 and it shot 'on' at 25yds.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I have that exact same setup on my G34 Gen 4 (except I have the fiber optic rear), you can see them here.  I use my G34 for competitions and I love these sights.  They shoot POA = POI at 25 yards using factory 115gr ammo.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Won't you be shooting high with the rear sight being taller?
View Quote

The rear sight should always be taller; you want the barrel aimed up so the bullet can travel in an arch.  The factory sights are a .165" front sight and .256" rear sight.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:54:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty sure that's the width combinations I have on my G17 that I use in USPSA and 3Gun.  It seemed to be the consensus then and now.  I find that I like a sight picture with less daylight on both sides, so may change the rear at some point.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Russell, that is exactly the sight picture that I want to see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top