Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2014 2:35:42 PM EDT
I bought a new Gen 3 G19 recently and although reliable thus far I'm having issues with brass to the face ejections even after 150 rounds.  My ejector is stamped as 336.

I've heard that a possible fix is installing a 30274 ejector.  The 30274 ejectors are included in trigger housings labeled "Gen4", for example:

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=123268

Would I be fine removing the 30274 ejector from the product at the above link and replacing the 336 ejector, or is there a lack of compatibility between gen 4 / gen 3?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/123335_30274_Ejector_source_.html

I found this to be a very informative thread...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
It helped my btf issues a lot, but didn't resolve them completely.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, when I took my armorer's course last Apr, the instructor said that you couldn't get the 30274 ejector just by itself anymore, that they only have them already installed in the trigger housing.

You should have no trouble at all removing the ejector from the housing and putting it in your housing. Just grab the front of the ejector nose with a pair of pliers and pull it straight out, then push it straight back into your housing. Simple and easy.

I bought a 3rd Gen G19 last Feb that exhibited BTF probably 3-4 times/mag. It was so bad that a case or so per mag were ejecting to the left. It had the old 336 ejector in it from the factory. I called Glock and they sent me a 30274 ejector. I installed it and, when I shot it, it really helped ejection a lot. It didn't cure all the problems, it still has the occasional weak ejection, but all go to the right now, probably from 2:30-5:00 o'clock. No real consistency to it, but they all go right and none hit me.

If the 30274 ejector doesn't work, you can try a new extractor. When I had my problem, I did a lot of research and it seems, from some enterprising souls over at Glocktalk.com, that when Glock went to MIM extractors, some of the dimensions may have been a little off. Quite a few reported good results with removing a SMALL AMOUNT (something along the lines of .05" or so) from the pad of metal immediately behind the extractor claw. The theory is that either the extractor dimensions were messed up or the slides might have some minor dimensional differences and the extra metal won't allow the extractor to rotate inward to grip the cases like they used to. As a result, the cases aren't held firmly and can slip downward on the breech face as the extractor pulls them out, resulting in the brass not hitting the ejector the same way every time, which results in erratic and weak ejection. Removing a SMALL AMOUNT of metal allows the extractor to rotate inward like it used to and improves ejection.

Alternatively, some reported perfect ejection if they could find and install an old extractor (machined castings, as they originally were; good luck finding any, though, the supply seems to be absolutely gone) or some of the aftermarket extractors. This lends credence to the theory that the extractor changed, not the slide, since the older extractors work in the newer guns.

I don't know if they still offer, but at the time, if you had sent the gun in a couple times and it still showed BTF or weak ejection, I seem to remember that Glock would swap your 3rd Gen for a Gen4. I don't know if they still do or if they ever actually did (I read it on some forums, take it for what it is worth), but it might be something to keep in mind if you can't get yours running right. Given my last couple interactions with Glock's customer service (NOT GOOD!), I wouldn't bet on it and good luck finding a decent rep to speak to.

In the end, it seems that the best place to start is with the 30274 ejector. If that works for you, great. If it doesn't, then you may have to go further. Good luck.

Bub75
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I was having the same issue with my Gen 3 17, very erratic ejection with at least one case every mag, often more, bouncing off the top of my head or hitting me in the forehead. Occasionally even having cases going to the left...

I swapped in a 30274 ejector today and it made a world of difference, with the cases now being thrown about 4-5 feet at about my 5-5:30 position without a single case hitting me. I then installed a LWD .40 extractor, and that improved things a little more, now the cases going to the 4-4:30 position and very consistent in location. Again, no further cases to the head.

All this was with the same ammo, my reloads using 115 grn FMJ with 6.2 grns of Power Pistol...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top