Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2014 7:15:32 PM EDT
Vickers extended mag release or do a small frame releaving to hit the OEM button better?
Price no concern

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh c'mon

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
don't make me beg
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont have either but im against grinding on frames so if i were you i would go the vickers route.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have said this before and I will say it again, cut it for the Lone Wolf/Aerotek style mag release.

The tool kit from Lone Wolf to cut the frames is expensive but with it I can now cut the hole perfectly and the end result is better to me than any other extended mag release.  It doesn't stick out too far but you can work it without having to roll the pistol in your hand/change your grip.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I looked a while back and couldn't find the tool to make the cut! How much was it?

Paying them to do it + overnight shipping gets expensive!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#6]
gen4
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked a while back and couldn't find the tool to make the cut! How much was it?

Paying them to do it + overnight shipping gets expensive!!!
View Quote

The cutting tool set is $125 plus shipping and you need and arbor press too, $50 from Harbor Feight.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#8]
As much as I like DIY and how the LW/aerotek looks and works...that's a big investment for a mag release if you only use it a couple of times.  I'd go Vickers or dremel a stock OEM extended.  I've just gotten used to adjusting my grip and getting away from extended anything.  

I've used the Vickers in the past and still had to adjust my grip...I wear a M glove.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have said this before and I will say it again, cut it for the Lone Wolf/Aerotek style mag release.

http://cdn.glockforum.com/forum/attachments/f11/21908d1348360581-lone-wolf-mag-release-image-1866053436.jpg

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/9890/mag43bj.jpg

The tool kit from Lone Wolf to cut the frames is expensive but with it I can now cut the hole perfectly and the end result is better to me than any other extended mag release.  It doesn't stick out too far but you can work it without having to roll the pistol in your hand/change your grip.
View Quote

HUGE +1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top