Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 9:35:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting...I also have been getting some failures with my 90gr XTP hand loads using 3.4gr Win231...the empty stays chambered and the slide doesn't appear to come back at all.  This doesn't happen every shot, but more like 10% of the time.  Fine accuracy though.  I wonder if my hand load needs a little more oomph to blow the slide back consistently.  Also I notice the XTP hand loads don't eject the empties as far as other loads do.  Flawless with Blazer and Speer Gold Dot factory ammo.  It also functions fine with my 100gr hand loads with the same powder charge.  I even use a Lee factory crimp die to ensure no case bulges.  

Tests on water jugs showed the Gold Dot bullets expanded more than the XTP bullets, so that's what I carry in the Glock, but I had intended on using the XTP's for practice.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My favorite new carry gun. I'm at about 400 rounds now. I'll probably get another for my wife. Despite Internet whining, this is the appropriate size and weight for this caliber.

Agreed. The few times that I've carried it have been in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster in either my jean pocket or my jacket pocket. It's larger than an LCP, sure, but it's also more controllable and accurate in my hands.

The one I bought seems to be having some issues (mainly FTEs) with my 90 gr. XTP hand-loads, but has ran 102 gr. Golden Sabers and 95 gr. Federal FMJ flawlessly. If I can get it to run well with the XTPs I have on hand, then it will be my wife's primary carry gun. I'm seriously considering ordering a second for myself.

Interesting...I also have been getting some failures with my 90gr XTP hand loads using 3.4gr Win231...the empty stays chambered and the slide doesn't appear to come back at all.  This doesn't happen every shot, but more like 10% of the time.  Fine accuracy though.  I wonder if my hand load needs a little more oomph to blow the slide back consistently.  Also I notice the XTP hand loads don't eject the empties as far as other loads do.  Flawless with Blazer and Speer Gold Dot factory ammo.  It also functions fine with my 100gr hand loads with the same powder charge.  I even use a Lee factory crimp die to ensure no case bulges.  

Tests on water jugs showed the Gold Dot bullets expanded more than the XTP bullets, so that's what I carry in the Glock, but I had intended on using the XTP's for practice.

what does your brass look like?  

over at Glocktalk theyre saying that brass with extraction grooves like the ones on the left and right work ok but there are problems with the the ones in the center...

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Finally saw one at a local shop last week -

I cannot understand this phenomenon: so many .380 haters out there, so many G42 haters out there... Yet this sob is so elusive right now and prices (dealers and individuals) are generally through the roof. Waiting lists abound. I get that it may not be the caliber or gun for everyone, but someone (and a lot of someones) are buying this thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 7:24:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll wait on a $300 blue label one. I'm not overpaying for one.

People are asking over $500 for them right now. It's ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't understand what all the hype is for these small 380's these days. Yeah I can understand that they are small and slim, but it just seems to me that you're getting the worst of both worlds between revolvers and automatics with one.
The way I see it is
Pros of a Glock 42 vs a revolver: Slimmer profile, quicker reloading
Cons: Same or similar capacity, less reliability, .38 is much better than a .380

Even this size pistol in 9mm, I still would rather have a nice snub nose Colt detective special.

Now, I would rather have a Glock 26 than all of the above options due to the double stack magazine. The thickness difference I see as being worth it for the extra 5 rounds in the magazine.

Then again, I carry a Glock 30 which is basically a brick
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a blue label Glock 42 and should be arriving any day.  I currently carry a Glock 27 in a Galco IWB holster and the Glock 27 weighs 27 oz loaded.   The Glock 27 is a little heavy for ankle carry.  When I get the 42 it may be used as a backup to the 27.  If there are times I want to carry a smaller lighter pistol I plan on carrying the Glock 42.  if dress requires an ankle holster I'll use the 42.

I'm retired LEO and live in a very rural area with a low crime rate.  When I go to visit my daughter in the big city more than likely I'll carry the 27 but I may also carry the 42 in an ankle holster depending on where were going.

I like the 42 because it is similar in size to the PPK/PPKs.  These 380's are capable producing groups to 25 yards or more and have a quicker reload than a small revolver.  I've carried a model 60 with speed strips but speed loaders are out unless your  wearing a jacket.  Boils down to personal choice.

I think the 42 will be quicker for me to shoot accurately than a J frame model 60 or 642.  The majority of the time I will carry the 27 but for those other times I'll carry the 42 in an IWB holster or ankle holster.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:19:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes to the above, a 10oz 38 or 14oz nine is not fun to shoot with hot loads. You can get a lot of practice with the 42 and enjoy it instead of shooting just 5 or 10 rounds and saying "that's good for today". Accuracy is key and it usually comes with lots of practice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm pretty happy with mine. Conceals great and i'll put mag extensions when there available.

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 4:02:54 PM EDT
[#8]
If it was a 9mm I would own one after fondling one recently.  Being 380 kills it for me though :(
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Bigger holes...

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I took mine out again this weekend. I took my time putting 50 rounds through it before getting some trigger time with the G26.

I did slow fire at 3-4 yards with the occasional double-tap. No issues. Solid shooter. It has become my work carry, and I feel very comfortable carrying Buffalo Bore in it.  Approximately 206 rounds over four sessions, and it has been 100% all the way. I know some will say the gun needs to meet a 500 round minimum (and some folks have higher requirements than that) to be trustworthy, but mine has been solid. I trust it.

Now, if I could just find some extra mags...
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Can one of you guys take a pic of it next to another known gun? All these pics of it by itself don't really give something to compare it to.

As I own a Shield, i'd love to see a few pics side by side to see the size difference......or not.

thanks
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Lucky, I am still waiting for mine.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Can one of you guys take a pic of it next to another known gun? All these pics of it by itself don't really give something to compare it to.

As I own a Shield, i'd love to see a few pics side by side to see the size difference......or not.

thanks
View Quote

It is practically the same size as the Shield. The big difference is in the grip. The Shield grip is larger front to back to accommodate the 9mm cartridge.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 4:31:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

thanks
View Quote

19, 26,42
The big difference, besides the weight, is the thickness.  I can't pocket carry my wife's Shield, I can the 42.
</a> Untitled by guns762, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 5:21:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

+1

it's really strange.    

I can understand folks thinking , it's not for them, but there is some serious hate towards the design.   I also noticed a special level of hate from Khar owners.   . It's like someone pissed in their Cheerios.    I just don't understand that.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's important to pick apart new guns, because our lives depend on them, but it's already been said that the 42 is bigger than other 380s, as big as some sub compact 9mms, and that the .380 is a "weak" cartridge. OK, that's been said already. Why keep repeating it? The level of venom towards Glock and the 42 specifically is bizarre.

+1

it's really strange.    

I can understand folks thinking , it's not for them, but there is some serious hate towards the design.   I also noticed a special level of hate from Khar owners.   . It's like someone pissed in their Cheerios.    I just don't understand that.  

We repeat it because you guys just don't get it. It is so close to the size of the Shield and XDS why would you give up capacity, power, penetration, lethality, energy and go with a .380 caliber gun. It's just crazy. If your buying a pocket carry gun get a smaller .380 that you can conceal and draw from the pocket. If you say you can pocket the 42 then you can pocket a Shield or XDS. Only valid reason to pick the 42 over the shield or XDS is if you are physically limited and can not handle the recoil of a 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We repeat it because you guys just don't get it. It is so close to the size of the Shield and XDS why would you give up capacity, power, penetration, lethality, energy and go with a .380 caliber gun. It's just crazy. If your buying a pocket carry gun get a smaller .380 that you can conceal and draw from the pocket. If you say you can pocket the 42 then you can pocket a Shield or XDS. Only valid reason to pick the 42 over the shield or XDS is if you are physically limited and can not handle the recoil of a 9mm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's important to pick apart new guns, because our lives depend on them, but it's already been said that the 42 is bigger than other 380s, as big as some sub compact 9mms, and that the .380 is a "weak" cartridge. OK, that's been said already. Why keep repeating it? The level of venom towards Glock and the 42 specifically is bizarre.

+1

it's really strange.    

Has nothing to do with "handling" the recoil.  It has to do with controlling recoil for rapid follow up shots, hammered pairs and other speed shooting techniques that are critical at close range.  Despite how you may informally practice at the range, in the real world he who gets the most hits the quickest normally wins.  So in reality, it's you who doesn't get it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:00:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know how we know you don't know what you're talking about?    That's it right there.  I would have bought a SECOND Shield for myself(wife has one), but it doesn't fit in my pocket like the 42 does.  

It may LOOK similar in size, but they are not, and the thinness of the 42 is what matters the most for pocket carry.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

It may be "close", but it's definitely smaller than both of those pistols (which themselves are only MARGINALLY smaller than a 26, in fact the Shield is actually longer and taller) so why not go with that pistol if your line of reasoning is consistent).

You aren't giving up that much power going to the .380 from the 9mm. With a quality hollow point like the Hornady XTP, the .380 is very dependable as a self defense round. Now, if we were talking about a .32 Automatic, you'd have a valid point.

Additionally, every micro 9mm I've ever fired has been... unpleasant, to say the least, to shoot. The Kimber Solo, Ruger LC9, Diamondback DB9, SIG P938, all very uncomfortable. I am personally glad the 42 is not a 9mm, otherwise it just wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable to practice with. And let's face it, if you don't practice with your carry piece, why are you carrying it? You're just hoping you'll be able to land hits when the SHTF and you have to draw?

Yeah, there is a noticeable difference there - no way I could pocket carry a Shield. The 42 on the other hand is doable (although I am getting a custom holster for it made).

I think that if everyone that hates it so much would shoot it - they'd be converted. Kinda like french fries in a frosty.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks guys, those comparison pics were great.

I have a Shield, my Bro was gonna buy a blue label 42 for me - but he has some contacts that advise a Glock micro 9 is not far off, so i decided to just wait.

I like being able to stack one ammo caliber deep and have all my guns shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It may be "close", but it's definitely smaller than both of those pistols (which themselves are only MARGINALLY smaller than a 26, in fact the Shield is actually longer and taller) so why not go with that pistol if your line of reasoning is consistent).

You aren't giving up that much power going to the .380 from the 9mm. With a quality hollow point like the Hornady XTP, the .380 is very dependable as a self defense round. Now, if we were talking about a .32 Automatic, you'd have a valid point.

Additionally, every micro 9mm I've ever fired has been... unpleasant, to say the least, to shoot. The Kimber Solo, Ruger LC9, Diamondback DB9, SIG P938, all very uncomfortable. I am personally glad the 42 is not a 9mm, otherwise it just wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable to practice with. And let's face it, if you don't practice with your carry piece, why are you carrying it? You're just hoping you'll be able to land hits when the SHTF and you have to draw?

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/lauthpics/media/041_zps61755cf8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e133/lauthpics/041_zps61755cf8.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/lauthpics/media/042_zpse2ac6141.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e133/lauthpics/042_zpse2ac6141.jpg</a>

Yeah, there is a noticeable difference there - no way I could pocket carry a Shield. The 42 on the other hand is doable (although I am getting a custom holster for it made).

I think that if everyone that hates it so much would shoot it - they'd be converted. Kinda like french fries in a frosty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/lauthpics/media/041_zps61755cf8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e133/lauthpics/041_zps61755cf8.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s38.photobucket.com/user/lauthpics/media/042_zpse2ac6141.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e133/lauthpics/042_zpse2ac6141.jpg</a>

So your pocket is that tight for the shield to not fit but the glock does? My god that is the dumbest statement yet and your pictures prove it! Must be the skinny jeans and I bet that glock prints like mother in them. The shield not pleasant to shoot? Again a joke? Or are you that big of a pansy? I have heard it all!!!!

I like the 42 but will wait to replace my shield with the 9mm. A lot of justification going on in this thread too funny.

I will await my timeout:)
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So your pocket is that tight for the shield to not fit but the glock does? My god that is the dumbest statement yet and your pictures prove it! Must be the skinny jeans and I bet that glock prints like mother in them. The shield not pleasant to shoot? Again a joke? Or are you that big of a pansy? I have heard it all!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You come in on page 3 of my thread with that bullshit?!

This is the tech forums - not GD.

NO 13'ING ALLOWED IN HERE.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Winky;) my bad.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Has nothing to do with "handling" the recoil.  It has to do with controlling recoil for rapid follow up shots, hammered pairs and other speed shooting techniques that are critical at close range.  Despite how you may informally practice at the range, in the real world he who gets the most hits the quickest normally wins.  So in reality, it's you who doesn't get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

it's really strange.    

So you are admitting you can't shoot the 9mm effectively so you chose a .380. That is my point exactly. You have a physical limitation that you cannot effectively controll a 9mm. That is perfectly acceptable and I commend you for admitting it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You know how we know you don't know what you're talking about?    That's it right there.  I would have bought a SECOND Shield for myself(wife has one), but it doesn't fit in my pocket like the 42 does.  

It may LOOK similar in size, but they are not, and the thinness of the 42 is what matters the most for pocket carry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know that I know that you know. I have a friend who just sold his 42 and we had a good couple hours together comparing the 42 to my shield. We both agreed the slightly smaller size difference the 42 had was not worth the performance loss over the Shield. He is now buying a Shield.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:08:17 PM EDT
[#25]
i chose the 42 because of the Glock trigger. its something I am used to and is second nature. 9mm would be nice and I will upgrade IF they make one( which i see happening maybe 2 years from now)
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:12:31 AM EDT
[#26]
You wash your soul out with bleach

That gun is useless as a .380 but would have been a perfect carry gun in 9mm
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

thanks
View Quote

side-by-side with 2nd gen 23:

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I learned my lesson at my last handgun class about subcompact pistols when I used my G26.

If it fitts your hand, the I am glad you can use it. But I found that I cannot. As a consequence, I now avoid the tiny 9's.

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#29]
I swore it off when it was revealed Glock had "listened to the consumers and had come out with a .380" (which no one ever wanted).  
THEN I saw one at the LGS, and the guy handed it to me...slowly it started to win me over.  I still doubt I'll buy one.  I can carry 8rds in my smaller Ruger LCP--which with a pinky extension and the Hogue Hybrid Handall feels great in the hand.  That said, I DO love my glocks, and this one was calling out to me.  I may try pocketing it--IF that goes well, and the price comes down, I may switch from the LCP to a 42 for pocket carry.  
I don't know though.

Heck, my Kahr CW9 (modded to basically be a P9) is only a tad bigger, but gives me 8rds of 9mm (and hopefully Gallagher will come out with a new follower making that 9rds).  
I'm not afraid of using .380 like many people, but when I CAN get 8rds of 9mm instead in a gun BARELY bigger than one allowing 7rds, I'll take the 9mm.  
NOTE:  I liked the Shield too, but it was just a bit too bulky/big (and I'm not a fan of external safeties).

Link Posted: 4/1/2014 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I have to admit I am a 1911 fan. I have been Carrying them for 4 years (I'm only 25). I was at my LGS the other day and narrowed my choices down to the g42 or the 30s for my first glock. I just don't want to invest in another caliber when so many of my pistols shoot .45. That is why I went with the 30s. I will admit i did like the 42. Around here I can get 1000 rounds of .45 for $300 so I'll stick to my man stoppers. Now what would be cool is a single stack 10mm by glock everyone is hating the 42 its not like you are forced to buy it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have to admit I am a 1911 fan. I have been Carrying them for 4 years (I'm only 25). I was at my LGS the other day and narrowed my choices down to the g42 or the 30s for my first glock. I just don't want to invest in another caliber when so many of my pistols shoot .45. That is why I went with the 30s. I will admit i did like the 42. Around here I can get 1000 rounds of .45 for $300 so I'll stick to my man stoppers. Now what would be cool is a single stack 10mm by glock everyone is hating the 42 its not like you are forced to buy it.
View Quote

Yes agreed a Glock 36 in 10mm with full 3 finger grip and flat magazine base would be a great powerful little gun. Big power but slim and easy to conceal.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 5:43:46 AM EDT
[#32]
What are these things selling for 'round your parts?  

A shop near my work is getting two in today, but they want $450 for them.  That seems a bit steep.  I've been eyeballing the hell out of the FDE 19 sitting in the case, and it's only $50 more.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:14:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

A shop near my work is getting two in today, but they want $450 for them.  That seems a bit steep.  I've been eyeballing the hell out of the FDE 19 sitting in the case, and it's only $50 more.

View Quote
I bought mine week 1 for $479. I think that was a bit steep compared to some prices I've seen, but I'm not really complaining because I got it early and like it, so $450 sounds decent to me. My LGS can't keep them on the shelves, so I doubt you'd see any real deals for them right now.

I believe the official literature I saw on it said $479 was the MSRP.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I bought mine week 1 for $479. I think that was a bit steep compared to some prices I've seen, but I'm not really complaining because I got it early and like it, so $450 sounds decent to me. My LGS can't keep them on the shelves, so I doubt you'd see any real deals for them right now.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went and picked one up.  A different shop in town had one come in today.  $424.99.  I decided to go for it.

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I went and picked one up.  A different shop in town had one come in today.  $424.99.  I decided to go for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice price, congrats. Can't get them anywhere near that right now where I am.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I got my G-42 this week, first time I'd ever seen one in person.  I really like it but it was shooting a little to the left.  Drifted the sights to the right and it now shoots POA.  A couple of friends at the LGS and I shot it and my friends said they'll probably buy one.  Mine shoots really good and for the size the 380 makes it very easy to score good hits.

A 9 MM would be OK but in this exact same package the 9 MM would not be near as controllable.  I think Glock will sell all the 42's they can make.  I won't quit carrying my G-27 but the 42 is so light you don't even notice in the IWB holster.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

After my PM9 experience, I don't believe I will ever purchase a Kahrap again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A gun that size should have a been a 9mm.  And I'm no GLOCK hater.  I love them, and own more than one.
I think we will see a 9, and it will be a redesigned magazine and/or frame. For now, they've decided to go with a .380 and I can say I like it more than any .380 I have ever owned. This is going to make for a really great jogging gun for me.
Have you tried a Kahr P380?  I got the wife one, and it's the most awesome 380 I've ever shot.

After my PM9 experience, I don't believe I will ever purchase a Kahrap again.

Ditto
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Installed my Galloway +1 Extension but it actually hold +2. Also installed Talon Grips and modded a second set for the backstrap and extension. Need to get a third set for the spare mag. Also did a contour mod to the beaver tail and the trigger guard finger groove.

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Mine arrived this evening at my LGS, so I'll be picking it up around 11 tomorrow.  I can't wait to give it a try.

I think it is funny how many people say "no one wanted a .380", but these things are so hard to find.  I'd love to come up with something that sells like that to people who don't want it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank God. I thought I was the only one who paid that much. They are in high demand. GT stopped taking backorders until Glock starts filling them. They said the had around 1000 on backorder.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:27:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Thank God. I thought I was the only one who paid that much. They are in high demand. GT stopped taking backorders until Glock starts filling them. They said the had around 1000 on backorder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, the gun in the caliber nobody wants.  I wouldn't beat myself up on the price. Sometimes I've paid more for a gun than I should have, but I wanted it badly enough to pay the price. I know of one I paid retail for and then took it out several times with my boys to shoot. We made great memories with it that wouldn't have happened until months later, had I not paid a little more. No regrets. (That was an ATI Stg-44 replica of the famous German rifle. My boys LOVE German WW II guns, so we had some big fun going through bricks of .22. I would have saved about $75 by waiting 3 months.) It is all about how badly you want it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I went out on a limb and "pre-ordered" one at my LGS a few weeks before the release. They told me I was crazy for doing so, and wouldn't have any until next year probably, but took my money anyways. They got 2 in the first week, one for me and one for demo . Apparently they have only gotten one more since. I was talking to them last week, and they said another store locally was getting them trickling in and were selling them for 600, and even that high they weren't staying on the shelf long.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Count me in, they're nice. I bought one off the EE last week (knowingly overpaid) and sold it locally (three days) later for even more. 'No one' wants them, but demand is sky-high. Riddle me that.

Glock must have just shipped out its latest batch because I had signed up for a bunch of in-stock notifications from five sites and they all came in earlier this week. Picked one up from Cheaper Than Dirt for $409 shipped. The deals are out there if you're patient.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You wash your soul out with bleach

That gun is useless as a .380 but would have been a perfect carry gun in 9mm
View Quote

No!

Have you held one?

As far as I'm concerned it too small in the grip. If they make the grip big enough for 9mm then in might be big enough, but the 380 is too small.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#45]
New Mitch Rosen Holster for my G42
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#46]
It's the late offering on the tail end of the .380 craze.  Now the single-stack 9mm is "in".  5 years from now people will probably be in to double-stack guns again.

I would choose one over a revolver or a 1911 but I don't advocate being less well-armed because it's cool or easier.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#47]
why would you buy one of these when you can buy a sig P938 in 9mm and a karh pm9. there both the same size and yeah there a few hundred more but with all the features you get its well worth it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

why would you buy one of these when you can buy a sig P938 in 9mm and a karh pm9. there both the same size and yeah there a few hundred more but with all the features you get its well worth it.
View Quote
I wanted to buy a 938, but didn't because they were not in stock here except for in the god-awful ugly styles (how hard is it to just make a plain black one with night sights?) and were running closer to 800 otd. No bargaining on them because they go so fast. Also, Im not a fan of carrying it cocked and locked in my pocket with that safety, but I would have gotten over that. I do believe the 42 is still smaller and lighter than the 938. I also heard lots of horror stories of the early 938's, so that didnt leave a good feeling either. Personally Im not a fan of the Kahrs, and I owned an XDS that was a complete pile of junk post recall. I like that the 42 feels exactly like my other Glocks, and I think its a perfect size, and it shoots very nice. Im happy with it. If the do release a 9 later on down the road Ill get one and give the 42 to my wife. Until then, I have the 42 in my pocket every day.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Held a 42 yesterday, and for a Glock it's small.  The trigger was awesome, really short reset and it seemed even shorter than regular sized Glocks.  It would be borderline too big to pocket carry, but all in all I was impressed with it.  I have no intention of buying one as my 380 is the smaller CW380, but it was a good quality gun and I can imagine the G42 as being VERY easy to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
A gun that size should have a been a 9mm.  And I'm no GLOCK hater.  I love them, and own more than one.
View Quote

I still keep saying I am not going to buy one.  But I haven't held one yet.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top