Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2012 2:43:18 PM EDT
Seems like an extractor and recoil spring should get you there.  Of course, I am clearly a novice or I would already know the answer to this.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#1]
KKM makes the barrel, that's all you really need.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 2:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought you needed a whole separate slide assembly??
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]

I've fired it with just the barrel and it was 100% reliable.   That said, the ejection pattern is better with the proper extractor.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Not if you use the 45-10mm conversion barrel.   It has the external dimensions of the .45 barrel so it works in the 21 slide, then is chambered for 10mm.    You just need to use the correct magazines for the caliber.

I have never tried it with the factory slide, since I have the Lone Wolf long slide (6" barrel).
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/IMAG1031.jpg

I've fired it with just the barrel and it was 100% reliable.   That said, the ejection pattern is better with the proper extractor.

What is the "proper extractor?" Since the G20 extractor won't fit in the G21 slide, which extractor do you recommend???  

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not if you use the 45-10mm conversion barrel.   It has the external dimensions of the .45 barrel so it works in the 21 slide, then is chambered for 10mm.    You just need to use the correct magazines for the caliber.  

I have never tried it with the factory slide, since I have the Lone Wolf long slide (6" barrel).

Oh, cool..what if you have a 10mm G20, is there an equivalent 10 - 45 barrel?
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

NO.  The breach cut is smaller for 10mm.  LWD, along with COSteve "pioneered" the KKM conversion barrel.  Maybe JR stopped selling them, because he got tired of answering complaints about extraction problems?  Apparently, the long slide doesn't present such problems, but standard slides sure do.

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I recommend not going the Lone Wolf route.

I bought a Lone Wolf Longslide 10mm.  I could not get it to feed anything I loaded in 10mm.  I tried an undersided sizing die, trimming brass, seating shorter, and heavier crimp.  I ended up sending the barrel back for them to rechamber it along with some of my reloads so they would chamber it according to them.  It was supposed to take 2-4 weeks.  It took over 5.  I got it back and it is still hard to pull out of battery to do a press check.  It functions ok.  I might have to use the undersized die with the barrel sized for my regular die.  

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO.  The breach cut is smaller for 10mm.  LWD, along with COSteve "pioneered" the KKM conversion barrel.  Maybe JR stopped selling them, because he got tired of answering complaints about extraction problems?  Apparently, the long slide doesn't present such problems, but standard slides sure do.

That I really couldn't confirm or deny because I've never tried it in anything other than the long slide.

Link Posted: 8/6/2012 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, and therefore a whole slide assembly is needed, right?
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 3:30:17 AM EDT
[#11]
IF you're going to get a "whole slide assembly," why on EARTH would you use a conversion barrel?  Why wouldn't you just get a G20 slide and barrel??
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 5:20:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the "proper extractor?" Since the G20 extractor won't fit in the G21 slide, which extractor do you recommend???  

Well, if you go the KKM route you can check out KKM's website and they have the instructions there for modifying a Glock 45ACP extractor; it's very simple.   I actually had a spare 10mm extractor sitting around and I modified it to work in the 21 slide––-works perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 6:46:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if you go the KKM route you can check out KKM's website and they have the instructions there for modifying a Glock 45ACP extractor; it's very simple.   I actually had a spare 10mm extractor sitting around and I modified it to work in the 21 slide––-works perfectly.

That's interesting information  I'm aware of the modifications suggested by KKM.  However, I thought there might be "another" extractor available.  It's also interesting that you were able to modify a G20 connector to work in a G21 slide.  What modification did you do to the 10mm extractor?  At any rate, this is just a matter of curiosity to me, as I have no intention of trying to get the KKM barrel to work in a G21 slide....again...., as I now own a G29 and G20.

When KKM introduced the 10mm conversion barrel, KKM had no interest in nor knowledge about extractor modifications.  I'd suggest that the extractor modification came from COSteve, who did a lot of experimenting with that setup.  Steve was responsible for KKM's offering the 10mm conversion barrel.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2012 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#14]
My storm lake conversion works like a champ!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top