Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2012 2:34:58 PM EDT
Well the wife finally got her permit and decided she wanted her own gun. She purchased a Glock 19 9mm.
I have all Sigs (p226 9mm, p229 .40) as I am unfamiliar with the Glocks is there any tips/ tricks I should know about?
I did notice that it is difficult at least for me to take it apart. Any specific ammo that this gun does not like?
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The G19 is a great choice! The only tip I can give is practice. Many dont practice enough. Taking it down is quite easy there are many YouTube videos on how to do it. It will shoot anything you feed it, So enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]
No lead (unjacketed) bullets.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Reloads are a no no. (according to the warranty)
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
No reloads or lead.

Try not to like it better than you Sigs when you start shooting it.  

LOL

I carry a 23 for duty/off-duty and have a P228 which I love, but th Glock just does so many things really well, my 228 sits most of the time.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I've shot over 300,000 rounds of my reloads through my Glocks.  There's nothing unique about Glocks that would preclude their using reloads.  If your reload causes a problem, that specific problem won't be covered under warranty.  

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've shot over 300,000 rounds of my reloads through my Glocks.  There's nothing unique about Glocks that would preclude their using reloads.  If your reload causes a problem, that specific problem won't be covered under warranty.  

+1

Ignore all the "no reloads" bullshit, all that means is if you blow up your gun with your reloads Glock will not warranty it, just stay away from lead cast bullets

Glocks will eat anything you put in the magazine

Once you shoot it a little, you will want one of your own

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
My husband and i just bought our first handguns, I got a Glock 17 Gen 4 9mm and my husband got a Sig 2022 9mm.  One thing to remember about the Glock is that it doesn't have an external safety (which I didn't want anyway) so if she's going to keep it in her car, she should put it in a holster.  Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just something with a trigger guard.

Secondly, initially it was a total bitch to take apart.  But once I figured out the specific way to do it, I've got it down and can do it eyes closed.  It's still not easy, but definitely possible and you don't need herculean strength to do it.

Let me know if you can't figure it out and I'll try to help.

Cheers
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 2:22:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top