Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2012 2:02:52 PM EDT
Just finished
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn nice looking holster. I really need to grab a nice leather mag holster soon.

Off topic: Are you carrying Hornady Zombie ammo for defensive carry
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Damn nice looking holster. I really need to grab a nice leather mag holster soon.

Yeah he is!!! AWESOME!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I wondered if anyone would notice lol. Just in case :-)
 And thanks, I really like how this one turned out
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks awesome.  Nice work.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice job man.

When will you start taking orders?
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 10:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
While I was on Glock Talk everyone is paranoid to carry using ZMax.  They say the Police/Prosecutor would make a play that you are crazy or mentally unfit to carry if you use zombie bullets.  To me they are just critical defense bullets or AMax bullets with green polymer rather than red.
Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
That is a nice holster, how long have you been working with leather?
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 12:59:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I've heard that lawyer rumor too. But like u said just ordinary defense round but with a did colored tip. Last box I bought was less than regular critical defense was .   Been working with leather for  less than a year. But everyday :-)  always taking orders :-)   thanks for the compliments
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 5:38:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks a little to deep around the trigger, dancing with trouble on that one.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Must be the pic. Because there is no way that trigger is going off because of the holster. Even IF it was to tight it would need something protruding out of it in order to disengage the trigger safety.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Just to be safe I just went and triple checked it. Yes it does look deep. But when u look at it at ever angle the trigger guard raises the leather so high off the gun that u can see a gap between the trigger and the leather. Only the guard is making contact with the leather!  But thanks because now Im sure I will be checking every holster even more than I normally do lol
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#14]
cool.  you have to be real careful with Glock and leather (or even a poorly made kydex holster), but leather wears
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
cool. you have to be real careful with Glock and leather (or even a poorly made kydex holster), but leather wears

Wow..   Just Wow....

Link Posted: 7/17/2012 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
cool. you have to be real careful with Glock and leather (or even a poorly made kydex holster), but leather wears

Wow..   Just Wow....

http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/firearms/safety-warning-worn-leather-holsters-can-cause-accidental-discharges/

The above instant is one link where a leather holster contributed to a negligent discharge.  

From the original photos (in this thread) it looked like the leather was fitted excessively deep around the trigger to the point it is shaped around the trigger.    Counting the little lever in the trigger as a last chance to save your ass, and not a full proof safety,  I warned the original poster.  Per their reply, they feel the holster is ok.  

The Glock safety is the trigger.      Never heard of a Glock firing unless the trigger is pulled or pushed against, but they fire reliably when the trigger is pulled.   Therefore  a good Glock holster provides a hard layer of protection around that trigger.     Let that layer of protection get soft and close, and a number of things (heck maybe even your seat belt assembly) can apply pressure to the trigger and - boom.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he is!!! AWESOME!!

I must need glasses, how can you tell?
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he is!!! AWESOME!!

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah he is!!! AWESOME!!

The light green plastic plug in the hollowpoint cavity.
Apparently green is the color of zombies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top