Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

GLOCK PICTURE THREAD PART II (Page 123 of 189)
Page / 189
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Do you have any more angles of the comp?

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TerryGecko:

Do you have any more angles of the comp?

http://i64.tinypic.com/jgmij9.jpg
View Quote
Which would you like? I'll snap a pick for ya. Also choose the gun, I have multiple glocks I can try it on for you. From g34-19
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
How are you liking the Primary Machine comp? I think I will be picking up one soon to compliment their slide work.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:33:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lucky_Day] [#6]
nvm
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Steinhatchee:
http://i65.tinypic.com/33tikc6.jpg
View Quote
Lot of RTF2 love on arfcom lately.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

Still fits my holster
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SilentDeath12886:

How are you liking the Primary Machine comp? I think I will be picking up one soon to compliment their slide work.
View Quote
Friend talked me into it, so he bought two and sold me one. It's light weight, doubt it serves a purpose but it does fit the contours of the lines on my slides, meaning it has the angled cut on the top corners, and roughly the same width and height as my slide. Kinda wish it could go 1 more turn in.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Gdirty5:

Friend talked me into it, so he bought two and sold me one. It's light weight, doubt it serves a purpose but it does fit the contours of the lines on my slides, meaning it has the angled cut on the top corners, and roughly the same width and height as my slide. Kinda wish it could go 1 more turn in.
View Quote
Have you shot it yet? Any reduction in muzzle climb?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:23:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#11]
TerryGecko, what brand of magwell was on that G19 in the pick above? I like the looks of it. Any issues with the install?

Also, Gdirty you have to quit posting the pics of your guns. I am getting awfully jealous and my credit card hates you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:31:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By patw:
TerryGecko, what brand of magwell was on that G19 in the pick above? I like the looks of it. Any issues with the install?

Also, Gdirty you have to quit posting the pics of your guns. I am getting awfully jealous and my credit card hates you.
View Quote
Looks like a zev pro on his pistol..... and for your comment on my guns, imma post one just to spite you and melt your credit cards lol

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:59:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#13]
^^^That is truly not fair. Beautiful collection. Which is your favorite?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:10:25 AM EDT
[#14]
^^^That is truly not fair. Beautiful collection. Which is your favorite?
View Quote
No real favorite. I like them all. My favorite gun to shoot is probably my usp SD, my favorite to plink cheaply is my ruger 22/45, my favorite Glock is probably one of my 19's. My favorite to look at is probably my 1911 (springfield trp). Usp SD is also my favorite suppressor host. I like to point shoot my vp9 the most, and my glocks are like the ar15's of my pistol collection. They are like adult legos.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Finally had time to pull the glocks out for a picture.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Which would you like? I'll snap a pick for ya. Also choose the gun, I have multiple glocks I can try it on for you. From g34-19
View Quote
G19 would be perfect. Top down, straight on and from the front at an angle.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Thanks
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Thanks
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Terrible pic with terrible lighting but the new Primary Machine comp
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Picked this 17.3 FDE up today. Used, but couldn't have had more than a mag thru it. Test fire date 2012. Has nice frying pan finish. Added a set of 10-8 sights, 6 lb trigger spring and 25 cent trigger job. Now just need to find a magwell.

G17.3FDE by A B, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:48:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#21]
Gdirty,thanks for the pics. That is a lot of coin invested in those little legos. The Glock 19s on either side, do they have the same magwell and if so which one? I really dig 'em. Also, do those magwells have any issues with seating a factory mag. without any mag. base change?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Gdirty,thanks for the pics. That is a lot of coin invested in those little legos. The Glock 19s on either side, do they have the same magwell and if so which one? I really dig 'em. Also, do those magwells have any issues with seating a factory mag. without any mag. base change?
View Quote
All my glocks that sport magwells (except the glock 34 with ALG mount) sport zev magwells (along with all the other zev parts).  So they are both using the zev pro-compact magwell, and I have a pro on my trilo 17, and the slim magwells on the other 17 and 34.  My ALG mounted glock 34 has a dawson ICE magwell (b/c it was originally set up with just target sights, trigger job, and magwell for competition).

The pro magwells seat just about any mag besides the Vickers base plates.  With the factory mags, the mag is VERY flush, In the picture, all of the guns have a magazine in it to show you how flush they seat.  SO, b/c of that, when you insert a standard mag at the range, its not a big deal, MAYBE if you were running high speed reload drills, you may not seat the mag all the way in if you aren't used to it or aren't paying attention b/c that extra 1/8 of an inch you don't notice is there.  Myself, I haven't experienced any issues.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#23]
The family so far:

Still need an ALG Magwell for the G34, and the G22 needs a 6 Second Mount (already have a T1 for it).  

Hoping to put together a G35 in the near future as well, or at least grab a spare upper.

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#24]
The alg magwells do not work with Taran tactical base plates
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#25]
The alg magwells do not work with Taran tactical base plates
View Quote
Are you quite certain?  Everything else I have seen/read indicates the opposite.

(Picture stolen from Google but apparently originally posted somewhere on ARF ):

At this point, I'll probably give it a try, if it works, great, if not, I feel fairly confident that I can turn them back around, and either continue using my existing +2 basepads, or go with one of the many other options, I've just heard great things about the TTIs, and frankly, they just "look" the best to me.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:34:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Augee:

Are you quite certain?  Everything else I have seen/read indicates the opposite.

(Picture stolen from Google but apparently originally posted somewhere on ARF ):

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww229/wtturn/IMG_1180_zps0fdb0f71.jpg

At this point, I'll probably give it a try, if it works, great, if not, I feel fairly confident that I can turn them back around, and either continue using my existing +2 basepads, or go with one of the many other options, I've just heard great things about the TTIs, and frankly, they just "look" the best to me.  

~Augee
View Quote
Brother runs an alg magwell, the pin on the tti base pads hit the magwell. Some people dremel out a hole to make it work. Dawson extensions work just fine. I've actually had my hands on that and many magwells
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:49:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#27]
Brother runs an alg magwell, the pin on the tti base pads hit the magwell. Some people dremel out a hole to make it work. Dawson extensions work just fine. I've actually had my hands on that and many magwells
View Quote
I have read some folks needing to push the pins out slightly so they're not flush, like in the above picture, but there are also those who report no modifications needed.  

If it comes to that, I'm not above a little Dremeling, or perhaps I will try one out, decide against it, and move on.  At the end of the day, the guns in question are neither duty guns, EDC guns, nor competition guns, so I'm just not too terribly worried about it.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:04:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lucky_Day] [#28]
Yeah, that area has to be sanded down with the ALG Supersonic magwell, and the ZEV magwell iirc.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Better pics

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I like it, a lot!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I like it, a lot!!
View Quote
If you're talking to me thanks brother
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:

View Quote
Yup, your pics....  

may I suggest some co-witness sights? Ameriglo makes some cheap tall sights that will co-witness nicely.  Zev has some (which are probably made by dawson given the design) that are .300 vs the .315 of the ameriglo and .395 of the dawson MOS.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Yup, your pics....  

may I suggest some co-witness sights? Ameriglo makes some cheap tall sights that will co-witness nicely.  Zev has some (which are probably made by dawson given the design) that are .300 vs the .315 of the ameriglo and .395 of the dawson MOS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jtdam24:

Yup, your pics....  

I absolutely have to change sights just haven't had the time to as of yet. So many irons in the fire currently
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Augee:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww229/wtturn/IMG_1180_zps0fdb0f71.jpg

~Augee
View Quote
I believe that is @wtturn 's pistol/picture.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:08:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryGecko] [#36]
Don't talk to me or my son ever again.

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#37]
mine

RDS needs to have co-winessing iron sights, with the rear sight behind the RDS. just line up the iron sights like I do the million plus times I have done before, then do a visual hand off to the red dot as I focus on the target with the dot now in view.  Otherwise, I use up a few seconds bobbing around looking for the dot.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#38]
All finished up yesterday.

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:14:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gdirty5] [#40]
A lot of comps popping up in this thread.

But honestly, how many of y'all bought it for looks vs performance. Bc I don't think it does anything on my g19. So mine is predominately for looks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#41]
A lot of comps popping up in this thread.

But honestly, how many of y'all bought it for looks vs performance. Bc I don't think it does anything on my g19. So mine is predominately for looks.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/159941/IMG-2790-176406.JPG
View Quote
I bought it for its function. You need enough gas going through it to make it function better. I load my ammo on the hotter side to help with that. If you are running a factory recoil spring and its running good then it's not working well enough or so I'm told.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TheJeanyus:

I believe that is @wtturn 's pistol/picture.
View Quote
Correct, the ALG works okay enough with the TTI pads.  The pin does contact the magwell and is annoying but doesn't hurt function.

But I have since ditched the ALG magwell for the much superior TTI magwell and I like my limited gun much better now.

Not that I ever shoot limited, but it's cool I guess.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Just installed a set of Vogel Dynamics sights.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Graduate student, first time having ever fired a handgun.  (He didn't want to put my used earplugs in his ears, and my spare pair of ComTacs is "somewhere" )

I think "getting used to" the red dot on the pistol was a lot easier for him than it initially was for me--he had no habits built up from years of shooting iron sights.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:13:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cartel-] [#45]
AAC Ti-Rant 9 x Glock 19

Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Got my slide back from J and L Machining, and installed the sights, and RMR.  So far, I like it.  Just need to go shoot it!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By OilfieldTrash78:
Got my slide back from J and L Machining, and installed the sights, and RMR.  So far, I like it.  Just need to go shoot it!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/315898/IMG-1415-176753.JPG
View Quote
Nice

If you don't mind me asking, what did the milling job cost?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By AlphaOperator:
Nice

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlphaOperator:
Nice

I believe it was around $340 or so with the Veterans discount.  That includes the milling, the cerakote, and the RMR cover plate
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:49:05 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
So you did end up sending it to them! Are you happy with it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 189
GLOCK PICTURE THREAD PART II (Page 123 of 189)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top