Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 91
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:30:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got my first volund gearworks atlas cobra belt and I have to say it is the best belt I've had for owb and iwb. As conforming and stiff as my beltman but adjustable.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By all4freedom:
Dark Start Gear AIWB, G34 length for a G19 and one of Tom's minimalist centerline sheaths for a production Clinch Pick. Really liking this combo so far. I like the G34 length for stability of the holster (won't allow the gun to roll) and also for safety reasons; the muzzle is basically never pointed at my junk or my leg, it stays in the pelvic crease when standing or seated. I also have a reverse cant mag pouch on order as well. For full disclosure, I was one of the lucky bastards who won a free holster and mag pouch from Dark Star Gear when Ballistic Radio did their giveaway. I am carrying this on my free g-hook belt from Volund Gearworks, which free or not is my favorite belt I've ever owned.

http://i59.tinypic.com/6rsg7c.jpg
View Quote

speaking of g-hook atlas, I am gana be posting a review sooner than later.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By vdmsr:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vdmsr:
Originally Posted By all4freedom:
Dark Start Gear AIWB, G34 length for a G19 and one of Tom's minimalist centerline sheaths for a production Clinch Pick. Really liking this combo so far. I like the G34 length for stability of the holster (won't allow the gun to roll) and also for safety reasons; the muzzle is basically never pointed at my junk or my leg, it stays in the pelvic crease when standing or seated. I also have a reverse cant mag pouch on order as well. For full disclosure, I was one of the lucky bastards who won a free holster and mag pouch from Dark Star Gear when Ballistic Radio did their giveaway. I am carrying this on my free g-hook belt from Volund Gearworks, which free or not is my favorite belt I've ever owned.

http://i59.tinypic.com/6rsg7c.jpg

Best belt on the market for IWB carry. OWB is a little harder depending on the loops but over all my favorite belt out there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:46:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DannyGlover:
From Jesse James Twitter account his self professed EDC

Austin + Microtech Vector Auto = Illegal

http://25.media.tumblr.com/59cd5d9d53972f7033513f8a3f001f1f/tumblr_mnmfxhX6271qm2o1bo1_1280.jpg  
View Quote

What model is the revolver?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By UrbancommandoX:

View All Quotes

http://25.media.tumblr.com/59cd5d9d53972f7033513f8a3f001f1f/tumblr_mnmfxhX6271qm2o1bo1_1280.jpg  

What is that little black thing by his roll of electrical tape?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

Looks like a 340PD
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Pocket dump.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By gunnut284:

Looks like a 340PD
View All Quotes

Looks like a 340PD

says 360 on gun and it has an external hammer anyways so it can't be a 340.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rocksarge:

View All Quotes

Looks like a 340PD

Are you sure we are talking about the same gun? The picture I get when I click the link doesn't have a hammer.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:49:42 AM EDT
[#10]
" />

M&P9 Shield in an MTAC.

I have carried quite a few different rigs in the past but this one is here to stay I believe. Only thing that might change is if Raven offers the VG2 for the Shield or if I decide to get the new Shield NTS. Have carried in the past in no particular order...

G19 in MTAC (still occasionally carry this)
S&W 442 in pocket holster or Galco IWB with clip
LCP in pocket holster
Colt CCO in a summer comfort style holster
Colt 1991 in a summer comfort style holster or Galco OWB in winter
M&P40c in a VG2
Sig 220 compact in kydex OWB
Probably a few others in the winter carried OWB (always concealed though of course)

I went through quite a few phases to determine what I truly like and the Shield and G19 work best for me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#12]

My Errday carry as of now. Pretty high speed now days. Soon as I lose the Costanza wallet I'll be able to say low drag as well.

G19 G4 with OST milled slide & RM07 riding in a Gcode incog.
Surefire EB1
ZT0301
Keys to the whip complete with dillo
Wallet full of old hotel keys to keep my credit/debit/ID cards from falling out.

Just ordered the vanguard II to try it out for a few weeks.
In the market for a new wallet...
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:01:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jokermann77] [#13]
Originally Posted By Samrod9000:
<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/user/MacDaddySammy/media/EDCJul14.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d152/MacDaddySammy/EDCJul14.jpg</a>

My Errday carry as of now. Pretty high speed now days. Soon as I lose the Costanza wallet I'll be able to say low drag as well.

G19 G4 with OST milled slide & RM07 riding in a Gcode incog.
Surefire EB1
ZT0301
Keys to the whip complete with dillo
Wallet full of old hotel keys to keep my credit/debit/ID cards from falling out.

Just ordered the vanguard II to try it out for a few weeks.
In the market for a new wallet...
View Quote

If you're in the market for a new wallet check out Saddleback Wallets, I personally LOVE my ID wallet from them. I also have their card wallet, but I only use the ID wallet for now. You won't be disappointed Link to the ID wallet *edit to add link*

Also how you liking your incog, I've been thinking about getting one for my G19
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By jokermann77:

If you're in the market for a new wallet check out Saddleback Wallets, I personally LOVE my ID wallet from them. I also have their card wallet, but I only use the ID wallet for now. You won't be disappointed Link to the ID wallet *edit to add link*

View Quote

Great looking wallet. And oddly enough exactly what I've been looking for. I like the minimalist style but do unfortunately have about  7 cards I need on a daily plus some foldin' cash.

As for the incog, absolutely love it for EDC with my G19 sans RMR. With the RMR it gets a bit more uncomfortable. The sight gouges into my stomach every now and then and I'm seeing some spots on the slide from belly sweat since I had to hack at the thing with a dremel to get it to be able to accept the weapon with the RMR. I have to say I'm regretting not just getting a new holster for it but have loved running the RMR so much I made it my carry gun within a week of shooting it. I've heard positive things about the Vanguard II with an RMR so I'll be trying that out as soon as it gets here. If that doesn't give me the transparent "feel" that the incog used to I'll be getting in touch with Raven to see if they can modify an ACR to accept an RMR.

Just pulled the trigger on that wallet. Thanks pal!
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:11:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheJeanyus] [#15]

Great looking wallet. And oddly enough exactly what I've been looking for. I like the minimalist style but do unfortunately have about  7 cards I need on a daily plus some foldin' cash.

As for the incog, absolutely love it for EDC with my G19 sans RMR. With the RMR it gets a bit more uncomfortable. The sight gouges into my stomach every now and then and I'm seeing some spots on the slide from belly sweat since I had to hack at the thing with a dremel to get it to be able to accept the weapon with the RMR. I have to say I'm regretting not just getting a new holster for it but have loved running the RMR so much I made it my carry gun within a week of shooting it. I've heard positive things about the Vanguard II with an RMR so I'll be trying that out as soon as it gets here. If that doesn't give me the transparent "feel" that the incog used to I'll be getting in touch with Raven to see if they can modify an ACR to accept an RMR.

View All Quotes

I've been eyeballing a Dale Fricke Seraphim for my RMR'ed 17, myself.  Just a thought.  I don't have any experience with it (yet), but it looks like a good option for AIWB with an RMR.  When I saw how much I was going to have to grind off of my INCOG, I decided not to mess with it.

EDIT: Pic thread...

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:24:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jokermann77] [#16]

View All Quotes

No problem man!!! Glad I could help!!!! What color did you get?? If you don't like it you could always send it my way . Here's a quick pick I snapped of my wallet, knife, light and gun

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By deadmanmike:
<a href="http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/deadmanmike/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7cf67178.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd438/deadmanmike/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7cf67178.jpg</a>

View Quote

Call the cops. Some one stole your phone.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#18]

No problem man!!! Glad I could help!!!! What color did you get?? If you don't like it you could always send it my way . Here's a quick pick I snapped of my wallet, knife, light and gun

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u618/jokermann77/CAAC6890-7134-41D3-BBB6-78255E36EA7A_zpsssslzdkp.jpg
View All Quotes

As for the incog, absolutely love it for EDC with my G19 sans RMR. With the RMR it gets a bit more uncomfortable. The sight gouges into my stomach every now and then and I'm seeing some spots on the slide from belly sweat since I had to hack at the thing with a dremel to get it to be able to accept the weapon with the RMR. I have to say I'm regretting not just getting a new holster for it but have loved running the RMR so much I made it my carry gun within a week of shooting it. I've heard positive things about the Vanguard II with an RMR so I'll be trying that out as soon as it gets here. If that doesn't give me the transparent "feel" that the incog
used to I'll be getting in touch with Raven to see if they can modify an ACR to accept an RMR.

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u618/jokermann77/CAAC6890-7134-41D3-BBB6-78255E36EA7A_zpsssslzdkp.jpg

Which Spyderco is this?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AB5996:

Which Spyderco is this?
View All Quotes

As for the incog, absolutely love it for EDC with my G19 sans RMR. With the RMR it gets a bit more uncomfortable. The sight gouges into my stomach every now and then and I'm seeing some spots on the slide from belly sweat since I had to hack at the thing with a dremel to get it to be able to accept the weapon with the RMR. I have to say I'm regretting not just getting a new holster for it but have loved running the RMR so much I made it my carry gun within a week of shooting it. I've heard positive things about the Vanguard II with an RMR so I'll be trying that out as soon as it gets here. If that doesn't give me the transparent "feel" that the incog
used to I'll be getting in touch with Raven to see if they can modify an ACR to accept an RMR.

Which Spyderco is this?

Embassy
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Embassy
View All Quotes

Which Spyderco is this?

Embassy

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Chestnut for the win!
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Kryptek Mandrake Cordura wrap.

2014-08-05_09-08-14 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 4DAIVIPAI2K5:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/oBnfvh" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3876/14840072402_6d58a0c2de_z.jpg</a>2014-08-05_09-08-14 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr
View Quote

Your stuff keeps getting better and better.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:54:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4DAIVIPAI2K5] [#25]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/oBnfvh" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3876/14840072402_6d58a0c2de_z.jpg</a>2014-08-05_09-08-14 by 4DAIVIPAI2K5, on Flickr

Thanks, I haven't seen anyone else doing the adjustable retention with only two screws to keep the nice angle to help with AIWB. Im super excited for the MC black and kryptek typhoon to come in. They should look pretty slick.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Just picked up my second Glock 17 Last week from a buddy of my to match my FDE/BLACK, this one is just the opposite. Keeping one for competition use and other for EDC.

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#28]

How's that VP9 turning out? Comfortable to carry?
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

(pss...That's a PPQ...)
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#30]

m&pc9 with a incog hostler with mag caddy

of screen sony xperia z, wallet and keys
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:21:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Max4Benelli] [#31]
My current EDC

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 8:48:20 AM EDT
[#32]

(pss...That's a PPQ...)
View All Quotes

(pss...That's a PPQ...)

My bad
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 3:29:43 AM EDT
[#33]

EDC
by ImDTux, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:33:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DukeSilver] [#35]
I'm going to take a picture near the end of every day to document all the crap I accumulate throughout the day. Only thing missing is an iPhone.

Just picked up a S&W shield, found a Tagua holster for it. Trying to find a minimalist thin Kydex style. This one is just as thick as my G19 and leather IWB.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:47:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JonnyVain] [#36]
Made my first holster the past couple days.  Finish isn't great but it tucks well and is pretty thin.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:00:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#37]

Current Off Duty Carry

Smith & Wesson Model 342 Airlite Ti

DeSantis Holster

Reload on Tuff Strip carried in Mixson Leathercraft Dump Pouch

Kershaw auto opener

Wallet

CCW

Keys

Dept. Creds

Streamlight Mircostream

Bulova Wrist Watch

Silver Bracelet

Samsung Galaxy S5

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Today's pocket dump:

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#40]
<a href="http://s53.photobucket.com/user/rocksarge/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/20140825_115848_zpstfdkeiek.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g58/rocksarge/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/20140825_115848_zpstfdkeiek.jpg</a>
View Quote

LOVE that groove reduction/stippling job.

Homebrew or did you have someone do it for you?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By waffles:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By waffles:
<a href="http://s53.photobucket.com/user/rocksarge/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/20140825_115848_zpstfdkeiek.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g58/rocksarge/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-08/20140825_115848_zpstfdkeiek.jpg</a>

Mike Lowe at Tactical Texture. Feels incredible.  No snag or rubbing.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:12:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Here's mine.

Shield 9mm
BlackPoint Tac Mini Wing (I flipped the leathers around so it rode a little lower)
Kershaw Tiger Stripe Tanto Blur
Streamlight ProTac 2L (I love this light, very compact, light, and bright as hell!)
DiddyMas Paracord Keychain (Cola Warrior Swag )
.95 cents in change
Seiko Chrono Watch
I omitted my wallet and spare mag and have no reason why.

I only carry the light after hours. It lives in my car 75% of the time.

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Home made holster.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Holy cow some of you people carry a lot of shit.

"Normal" weather:

"Hot" weather:

Waiting on a Raven mag pouch for the little guy and will probably pick up a Comp-Tac Infidel for it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Been carrying this the last few days-

NUoSU Concealment M&P9 Holster
by ImDTux, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By dtux:
<a href="https://flic.kr/p/peWrtC" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3863/15253941862_814211cac1_b.jpg</a>
by ImDTux, on Flickr
View Quote

Do you have the polymer or alum trigger in that her?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By dtux:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/peWrtC" target="_blank">https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3863/15253941862_814211cac1_b.jpg</a>

by ImDTux, on Flickr

The polymer. I originally was just going to try it out before moving on to the aluminum but this trigger feels great. Maybe one of these days I'll pick up the other but it's hard to imagine it feeling much better.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By slowmethinks:
Here's mine.

Shield 9mm
BlackPoint Tac Mini Wing (I flipped the leathers around so it rode a little lower)
Kershaw Tiger Stripe Tanto Blur
Streamlight ProTac 2L (I love this light, very compact, light, and bright as hell!)
DiddyMas Paracord Keychain (Cola Warrior Swag )
.95 cents in change
Seiko Chrono Watch
I omitted my wallet and spare mag and have no reason why.

I only carry the light after hours. It lives in my car 75% of the time.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c395/slowmethinks/DSC_0161_zpse313c2fa.jpg
View Quote

I have had that same light for upwards of 5 years. I have many others but that is the only light that is ALWAYS on me. It is the perfect compromise between size and brightness. It has bailed me out on duty and been more handy than it has any right to be off duty. Mine looks like hell but I will run it until it dies and buy another. I cant count how many of my coworkers have purchased one after borrowing mine when their light died at the most inconvenient of times
Page / 91
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top