User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Context is key....  but some of that stuff does translate.  The classes I took were tailored for HD with possible friendlys(kids wife husbands etc) and scenarios where you wake up in darkness and need to clear your house.
View Quote
Makes sense. Just be careful with all the light bouncing and flagging yourself by turning on the light too soon.

One of the things they really hammered into us was that the second that light comes on, you better be ready for incoming rounds.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Makes sense. Just be careful with all the light bouncing and flagging yourself by turning on the light too soon.

One of the things they really hammered into us was that the second that light comes on, you better be ready for incoming rounds.
View Quote
You are kicking in doors of drug dealers and murders fighting in teams.  Others we have family in the house or kids that could be running around (I have no kids) but last thing I want to do is light up and have my lady and have her staring down the barrel of my pistol\rifle and get Oscar Pistorius'ed by me.  The bouncing is so you are not blinding yourself clearing room to room no flagging all rules still apply and maintaining concealment and cover when possible.  Also never exposing yourself in a door way that is a biggy they taught us use your walls.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You are kicking in doors of drug dealers and murders fighting in teams.  Others we have family in the house or kids that could be running around (I have no kids) but last thing I want to do is light up and have my lady and have her staring down the barrel of my pistol\rifle and get Oscar Pistorius'ed by me.  The bouncing is so you are not blinding yourself clearing room to room no flagging all rules still apply and maintaining concealment and cover when possible.  Also never exposing yourself in a door way that is a biggy they taught us use your walls.
View Quote
Sounds like good advice!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sounds like good advice!
View Quote
Now I want to take another class I dig 360° ranges and moving around with walls.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Conceptual food-for-thought:

Activating a white light, by definition, is not relying on dark-adapted vision.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top