Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2017 1:18:26 AM EDT
I am short and heavy and really don't want to carry IWB.  Carrying OWB is not really an option because it is damn hot here most of the time.  Does anyone use other means like a smallish "one shoulder backpack" or anything else to carry?  Part of my reasoning is I want to carry the larger caliber heavier semi-autos.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I use one of these to carry a M&P9C with two spare mags.
http://www.activeprogear.com/234.html
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:14:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I hike a lot in the heat and use a Vanquest Tolcat 2 sling pack.
It has a concealed carry compartment that is easily accessible.
It also has accommodations for 2 water bottles.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:48:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Desert heat? Shouldn't you be wearing a loose-fitting cover garment anyways?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#4]
On my mountain bike, I stuff it in a hydration pack. Hydration packs are common and easily accessed. They're also usually smelly from sweat so who's going to mess with it if you set it on the floor? No one.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Loose fitting fishing shirt or carry shirts will cover good OWB holsters and guns.  Loose fitting shirts are nice for hot weather.  Maybe a light tank top undershirt if the gun or part of the holster runs your skin.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy a good belt and a good holster and just carry on your waste.

Carrying a gun when it's over 100 is no different than any other temp. Stop looking for excuses.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, loose fitting clothing would be the way to go.  I should just do it.

I did like that pack though.  Thanks for the suggestions and the tough love.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top