Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2017 5:31:09 PM EDT
I usually carry a Kahr PM9 in a Mr Mika pocket holster.  Works well.  But most of my pants have too small pockets even for this diminutive combo.  I'd like to try out a G43 in the pocket, but it is even larger.

Anyone have any good pants that aren't too hot (can be worn in the south regularly, or in the summer) and have good sized pockets?

My favorite pants are these, but their pockets barely fit the PM9 and if you sit, the pistol handle tends to protrude from your pocket slightly.
CQR Men's Tactical Pants Lightweight Assault Cargo

I also tried Wrangler Cargo Pants, that someone recommended, but the pocket is kind of small also.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you carry it in the cargo pocket on your leg?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The Cabelas 7 pocket hiker pants with the outside front pockets are awesome for pocket carry. I can carry J frames, XDS, and Shields in pocket holsters.  The pockets bulge and there is obviously something in there, but they do an effective job of breaking up the outline.

7 pocket hiker pants here
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a G42 not a G43 in the cargo pocket of nylon fishing shorts... Bass Pro Boca Grande Shorts... I use a Recluse cargo pant holster... I don't think a G43 will fit...
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you carry it in the cargo pocket on your leg?
View Quote
No, just in the regular pocket.  I think it would be too get out if needed in the cargo pocket.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I seen some in my gun magazine that was made for that look like LEE
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Cabelas 7 pocket hiker pants with the outside front pockets are awesome for pocket carry. I can carry J frames, XDS, and Shields in pocket holsters.  The pockets bulge and there is obviously something in there, but they do an effective job of breaking up the outline.

7 pocket hiker pants here
View Quote
I will check these out.  I probably need to order a pair and try them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:45:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Duluth "Flex" work pants.

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Duluth, Carhartt, and Dockers have pretty big front pockets
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Vertx Phantom LTs.

G26 with +0 in a nemisis right front pocket no problem.

Not super tactical looking either.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Those definitely look like they fit the bill.  I did have a pair of Fire Hose pants, but they were too big after I lost weight.  Very comfy but heavy.  I'll give the flex pants a try.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#11]
scuse me while I whip this out

Shown here without any need for a separate holster with a Kel-Tec, P32  -- but works (and conceals equally-well with .380 Ruger or S&W or SIG)

These jeans:
http://www.allamericanclothing.com/made-in-usa/AA202.html

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:22:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Dickies utility  jeans have large back pockets
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No, just in the regular pocket.  I think it would be too get out if needed in the cargo pocket.
View Quote
Only problem with cargo pocket carry is the height of the pocket. Too low and the gun bangs off your knee if you need to run...
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I pocket carry my M&P9C in a pair of Carhartt jeans. I love those deep pockets
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a couple pairs of Cabelas Rock Springs pants I like.

They have double front pockets like some "tactical" pants, without looking too much like a SWAT Operator

Inside front pockets are good for pocket carry, outside ones I use for cash, keys etc.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#16]
So I just got a pair of these.  The pockets are VERY deep.  The Kahr shows as a big bulge in my pocket, but I think that is sufficient concealment.  You can't tell what it is really, and if you are standing straight up, the bulge becomes more flat.  Overall, very comfortable, heavy duty material, probably will be rather hot in the summer, but very nice pants.  Thanks for the info, desert_rat.

I also picked up a pair of 5.11 tac lite pants.  Their pockets are smaller than the Duluth, but still much better than my current pants.  The Kahr in a pocket holster fits well, still has a bulge, but not too noticeable.  A untucked T-shirt really helps conceal here, but not so much in the Duluth flex pants, b/c the pocket is so large there, the gun is down further on your leg.  This material is somewhat lighter, and the pants are pretty tough.  I've had a pair before I lost weight, and they were durable.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#17]
5.11 pants have good pockets for CCW
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#18]
if you are looking for a minimum printing holster take a look at the Recluse line... they have a slit down the spine that allows you to grip the pistol but still reduce printing... my earlier post said a G43 would probably not fit, but it does in my G42 holster... the velcro pocket flap is tight in my nylon shorts with the G43... Recluse makes holsters for traditional tapered pockets also.. the cargo model shown has the "foot" to prevent shifting

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#19]
My Carhartt cargo pants have a big enough front pocket to pocket carry a G26...even though it will print pretty badly when sitting down, looks like a large paperback book.  My Pico just disappears in them.  Also, the LA Police Gear Operator pants also have large pockets and are only $22, they're also pretty comfy in hot weather.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Provided that your pants are not snug/tight on you...you can always take your current pants to the tailor (local cleaners) and ask them to make the pocket deeper/looser and to add additional stitches to it to fortify it. Just a thought
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not a big fan of pocket carry, it's usually discussed by people that are to lazy to invest in quality rig (holster/belt) and training.

Smaller guns that make concealment easier often come with many drawbacks, not sure why so many people choose micro guns to protect there lives.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm not a big fan of pocket carry, it's usually discussed by people that are to lazy to invest in quality rig (holster/belt) and training.

Smaller guns that make concealment easier often come with many drawbacks, not sure why so many people choose micro guns to protect there lives.
View Quote
Then this thread isn't for you now is it?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Guess I'm lazy. Been pocket carrying a "micro" gun for 5 years in a pocket professionally.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Then this thread isn't for you now is it?
View Quote
Guess not
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top