Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2017 7:55:15 PM EDT
Looking for a new carry belt. 1.5 or 1.75 width? Also 3/16 or 1/4 thickness. What are your opinions? Mainly iwb carry at 3 o'clock.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a Hank's CCW belt

Alot of options there but I have the "Deputy" belt I believe since they had a belm sale and they were dirt cheap. I've been using it a year and carry IWB roughly at 3-4 o'clock depending. No problems and looks very nice.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Beltman makes good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a big fan of Bigfoot Gunbelts.  I have their 1-1/2" 14oz steel lined belt.

http://gunbelts.com/
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:58:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer belt, CSM model.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
This best money you will ever spend.  The buckle allows infinite adjustment and allows for very comfortable carrying.  When I sit I can loosen and when I stand I can tighten.  I have tried beltman leather, comp-tac leather\kydex, wilderness belts, cheap crappy belts and none of them lasted more than a year and half before they started to sag.  I am about 3 years into my Ares belt no sag and have considered buying a second one in another color.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This best money you will ever spend.  The buckle allows infinite adjustment and allows for very comfortable carrying.  When I sit I can loosen and when I stand I can tighten.  I have tried beltman leather, comp-tac leather\kydex, wilderness belts, cheap crappy belts and none of them lasted more than a year and half before they started to sag.  I am about 3 years into my Ares belt no sag and have considered buying a second one in another color.
View Quote
I got my Aegis Enhanced in last week and while I can't speak to longevity I can say so far its the best money I've spent besides my Stealthgear Holster. It takes all of the weight of a Glock 19 and extra mag and makes it comfortable. I use it with shorts and jeans with an un-tucked shirt on the weekend. During the week I use a Hanks CCW belt in brown or black which also works fairly well, but the Ares is making me look at leather adjustable belts like the Crossbreed Crossover or the Mean Gene Leather "Victory Aegis" belt.

This place has cost me so much money
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#9]
i just use a good stiff leather belt...honestly unsure of the brand
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got my Aegis Enhanced in last week and while I can't speak to longevity I can say so far its the best money I've spent besides my Stealthgear Holster. It takes all of the weight of a Glock 19 and extra mag and makes it comfortable. I use it with shorts and jeans with an un-tucked shirt on the weekend. During the week I use a Hanks CCW belt in brown or black which also works fairly well, but the Ares is making me look at leather adjustable belts like the Crossbreed Crossover or the Mean Gene Leather "Victory Aegis" belt.

This place has cost me so much money
View Quote
Saving you money not having to buy equipment every year because your belt craps out.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 2:45:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Saving you money not having to buy equipment every year because your belt craps out.
View Quote
True that.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been wearing a TT Gunleather belt every day for the better part of a year and it still looks and performs as good now as it did when I bought it. I carry a Glock 17, 5" 1911, or S&W Shield without a problem.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Wilderness
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 6:52:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Got my dad a Hank's belt for christmas -- he loves it.  

I don't like leather - -I use an SOE EDC Belt, and i love it.

I REALLY want an Aries Aegis belt, but just don't have the money to drop on that right now.

What ever you get, after a quality holster the best money you can spend on gun-carrying accessories is a good belt.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I use a Hank's CCW belt

Alot of options there but I have the "Deputy" belt I believe since they had a belm sale and they were dirt cheap. I've been using it a year and carry IWB roughly at 3-4 o'clock depending. No problems and looks very nice.
View Quote
+1 for Hank's. Take a look at the Gunner Utility Belt...
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:56:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Beltman makes good stuff.
View Quote
+1.

I EDC a G19 with a TLR-1S and a spare G17 mag, all tucked IWB.  The Beltman fits in great in a professional setting, and it's a very stable platform to carry or draw from.

ETA:  I use a 1.5".
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#17]
This is my favorite belt long lasting and comfortable. Super Bio Indestructibelt
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

+1.

I EDC a G19 with a TLR-1S and a spare G17 mag, all tucked IWB.  The Beltman fits in great in a professional setting, and it's a very stable platform to carry or draw from.

ETA:  I use a 1.5".
View Quote
I agree but my Beltman after about a year and a half of daily carry started to stretch and sag.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Been wearing a Warfyter for several months after wearing a Wider was belt for about 7 years. I'll still wear the wilderness on a plane as it can hurt someone if needed but definitely prefer the Warfyter.

I carry a G19 appendix and spare mag on the other side of the buckle.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Wilderness
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Well I went with a Hanks belt. Great quality that can be worn to work also. I got the brown eagle style. Thanks to all of you guys I've found several other options that are great!
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I went through a bunch of belts and ended up sticking with a magpul tejas belt and really like it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Desantis Econo Belt. Plain black belt, inch and a half wide and very nearly 1/4 inch thick. 20 bucks on Amazon. I've worn mine every day for almost a year and it still looks new.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Which model are you referring too? There are a few different types.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Which model are you referring too? There are a few different types.
View Quote
Aegis...  if you want a stout belt the enhanced is double ply.  I bought one of the dent and scratch ones to give the enhanced a go.  I have had the standard one for 3 years or so now and it is just as good as day one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Check out Armour Belts, armourbelts.com...
Mike's belts are built like a brick shit house, he's quick to respond, deliver and will happily
alter to your request's.
Just a head's up, they're thick...my TT Gun Leather and Milt Sparks loops were tight when new
but fit perfectly now, I've snapped some nylon clips though.
If you carry IWB or out check out Armour belts
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I currently have the Magpul Tejas gun belts and I really like them. You can't tell they're gun belts but are made for carrying so it's the best of both worlds for a good price. Plus they're made in Texas

They have a ton of different options ranging from basic polymer all the way up to some shark skin options I believe so you can get some that fit your wardrobe appropriately.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I've used and owned quite a number of belts over the years, and most that were designed as gunbelts were perfectly adequate.  However, the one I keep going back to after I've used others is one made by the "Beltman."  They are top quality leather, well made, long-lasting, stiff and look nice.  I have two, and my oldest has been worn very frequently since 2001.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been using a 1.5 inch Wilderness 5-stich Instructor belt for over a decade. It's done everything I need it to, comfortably and reliably. I'm currently wearing one which I recycled the buckle on and had the company stitch me a new one because the velcro had finally started to fail after ten years.

I can't personally compare this belt to any others, but this company has earned my loyalty with their quality of products and exceptional customer service. As a side note, you can recycle your Wilderness belt buckle and order a replacement belt stitched on at a discounted rate.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#30]
+1 Hank's.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#31]
+1 Hank's.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Been using 3 Ultimate Gun Belts from A Better Belt USA for a few years now and looks like they'll never wear out anytime soon.

They have options and Mike will advise you on what type of belt you need and answer any questions! Great customer service!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I've really enjoyed the hanks belt. I've also added a blue alpha hybrid edc. Check them out. Can be put on and off with jeans without removing buckle.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#34]
+1 for Wilderness

It's not great for a professional looking belt, but I like it for casual wear. I also like that the buckle is entirely adjustable and doesn't rely on holes like with leather belts.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#35]
I like Nexbelt. There are no holes...you just slide it and it clicks into place. They make leather looking ones and nylon ones that are reinforced gun belts so its super stiff and will hold up that full size 1911 without sagging your pants. I had 5.11 and Wilderness belts before and even they arent as stiff once you used them for a while.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#36]
I really like my Mean Gene Leather belt, He uses the Ares Ageis buckle. I also own Ares Gear ranger, Can't go wrong with either.

Mean Gene Leather
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Can someone recommend a belt for a business/casual setting with tucked in shirts that DON'T have a huge buckle?  I looked at some of these & the buckles are way too big. Also something that doesn't look out of place & too thick.

thanks
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:04:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Can someone recommend a belt for a business/casual setting with tucked in shirts that DON'T have a huge buckle?  I looked at some of these & the buckles are way too big. Also something that doesn't look out of place & too thick.

thanks
View Quote
I like Beltman belts for those occasions.

It's my go to for when I have to have a tucked in shirt. Great leather, much slimmer than the Hank's, I have one of those also, never wear it.

Last time I had to have a tucked in shirt was my grandfather's funeral. I'm not really a tucked in shirt carry guy, my undershirt is tucked in, but I always wear an outer cover garment.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:18:10 AM EDT
[#39]
A buddy told me about this sale and I bought a brown and black one. So far, so good. At 25 bucks, hard to beat.

Raw Dog Buffalo Gun Belt
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:59:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Bigfoot.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

thanks
Quoted:
I really like my Mean Gene Leather belt, He uses the Ares Ageis buckle. I also own Ares Gear ranger, Can't go wrong with either.

Mean Gene Leather
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#42]
I have a beltman..too thick. The mean gene's buckle will not work & the stitching is out of place.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have a beltman..too thick. The mean gene's buckle will not work & the stitching is out of place.
View Quote
Look at the first spear biothane belt. Skd carries it
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#44]
slim and supportive, the last belt you'll ever need.  never figured out why guys use the cobra buckles for ccw.  buckle prints more than the damn gun.
http://store.volundgearworks.com/index.php/volund-gearworks/atlas-ghook-belt.html
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#45]
I have or have used:
1.75" beltman bullhide + kydex insert (still have, love, use most often)
1.5" ares ageis (still have, like, but don't use as often as the beltman as it is less comfortable due to being less wide and not as stiff as the beltman which is ridiculously stiff...).
1.5" 5.11 leather (no longer have, never really liked)
1.5" grey ghost gear:  have several, love them.  Not nearly as stiff as the beltman or ares, but my 2nd most used belt as I like the way it retains the excess strap better than the ares.
5.11 1.75" riggers belt:  no longer have, wore it out.  Wasn't ever as good as I'd hoped it would be.  The strap end that went through the buckle started fraying rather quickly and things went downhill from there.  

If I were looking for a belt today, I'd get the beltman if I wanted leather, or the grey ghost gear if I wanted synthetic but didn't mind a bit more thickness, or the ares if I wanted the thinnest/stiffest synthetic belt.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I have four different models from Hanks Belts.  Very much like their selection, quality, service, and value.  If you can catch a blem sale (get on their mailing list) you can get great deals but even their every day prices on pretty reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Look at the first spear biothane belt. Skd carries it
View Quote
Also will not work, has to be leather & that has the name written on it as well. Has to be plain.

I'm going to try the Hanks belt. I hope the buckle isn't as big as the pic look.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Also will not work, has to be leather & that has the name written on it as well. Has to be plain.
View Quote
The black one looks like black leather and the name isn't very noticeable.

I really don't think you are going to find a thin leather belt that is stiff enough if that's what you need.

Maybe a custom horsehide one
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have four different models from Hanks Belts.  Very much like their selection, quality, service, and value.  If you can catch a blem sale (get on their mailing list) you can get great deals but even their every day prices on pretty reasonable.
View Quote
I can never find them on Hanks site but if you google "Hank's less than perfect" you can always see what they have at the time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#50]
I.ve got a Tucker Gun leather holster and belt
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top