Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 10:28:18 PM EDT
I currently have a glock 23 and a shield in carry rotation. I carry the 23 mainly but the shield sees some use.

I've been using the eidolon for almost a year and like it but I am planning on adding lights to both (thinking inforce apl on the 23 and a tlr 6 for the shield) which presents the issue of my holsters will not work with the lights.

I am really thinking about moving to a t rex sidecar for the 23 and maybe one for the shield too since I'm already carrying appendix. Or maybe just a more traditional style AIWB (like the raptor t rex makes) for the shield.

Thinking about buying a new belt too. Looking at a bigfoot or maybe someone could recommend a nylon option that's not outrageously priced. I like the concept of the aegis but it is pretty pricey. (Have run a 5.11 for almost 4 years not perfect but works and has held up)

Any insight and experience is appreciated because I'm going to be dropping some good change on new setups and want good gear.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I typically carry a 19 or 26 in an Eidolon. For the 19 with a Streamlight TLR-1, I just bought a Bravo DOS light-bearing holster and added a Raven Claw so it works very similarly to the Eidolon.

I thought about a Sidecar, but was concerned about the placement of the spare mag. It seems to stick up and out farther than I'd like; but I don't have one to play with so that's just a guess based on photos. I just bolted a Glock brand mag case to the DOS (just like I did with the Eidolon) and it does just what I want.

For a belt, I have the 5.11 and it's decent. I've switched to a Frank Proctor BELT. I find it more flexible and therefore more comfortable, but it's still reinforced in places. It's a little pricey, but I think it's worth it. Seemed flimsy when I first bought it, but I work in a pretty physical job (lots of bending and twisting) and I've noticed no wear after 6 months.

I'm still looking for a good solution for my Shield. Right now I have a heavily modified Blackhawk ACR, but I haven't found a setup I like. I'll tag this thread for more ideas. Don't have a light for it yet, just want something tuckable and very concealable.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I've tried the wml sidecar. I sold it. It's just a little to much for my frame. I like carrying aiwb with a magpouch at 11 clock. I just like being more flexible.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I typically carry a 19 or 26 in an Eidolon. For the 19 with a Streamlight TLR-1, I just bought a Bravo DOS light-bearing holster and added a Raven Claw so it works very similarly to the Eidolon.
View Quote
How are you liking the DOS compared to the Eidolon?  I've got the Eidolon and a INCOG w/ mag caddy in my current EDC rotation, but want to be able to acomodate a light (TLR-1 in my case) Looking for something that conceals like the Eidolon. Do you use the wedge and claw with the DOS or just the claw?  how easy is it to mount the claw to the DOS?

Edit -- sorry, OP, not trying to hijack, I'm in the same boat it seems. I'll tell you one thing -- best move i've made since swapping to appendix carry a couple years back was getting an SOE EDC belt. totally changes how comfortable, stable, and concealable my Glock 19 is.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the sidecar would be a bit much with a light mounted, I have a non-light compatible sidecar, a non-light compatible raptor and a raptor for a tlr-1. They are all great holsters but if you are going to carry with a light I would get the raptor and carry the spare mag in a separate mag carrier. When I use the raptor for the tlr-1 I carry the spare mag at 11:00 in a Gcode iwb mag carrier.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How are you liking the DOS compared to the Eidolon?  I've got the Eidolon and a INCOG w/ mag caddy in my current EDC rotation, but want to be able to acomodate a light (TLR-1 in my case) Looking for something that conceals like the Eidolon. Do you use the wedge and claw with the DOS or just the claw?  how easy is it to mount the claw to the DOS?
View Quote
Sounds like your goal was the same as I had. My Eidolon setup is with claw, without wedge, using 2 clips, with a Glock brand mag case attached to the slide side. Loved it and can conceal a G19 + 17 rounds with shirt tucked in. Wanted to do the same with a light, and so far (one week in), I think I have succeeded with the DOS. Claw mounted easily using Raven hardware, and it mounts up nice and stiff. I did mount it on the front of the holster instead of the back; had I choose to mount it that way there'd be some filing involved to reshape the claw a bit. I'm unsure how long the holster will hold up because those mounting holes I attached the claw to are being torqued more than I'm sure they were designed for, but by then maybe Bravo will have released a light-compatible Torsion holster and I can experiment with that concept in lieu of the claw. I'm not sure how I'd mount a wedge on the DOS, but just looked at mine and I think it'd be doable. 3M adhesive velcro, maybe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top