User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I typically wear button up shirts or polos untucked that hang low enough below the waistline that it takes reaching completely up in the air to expose my belt clips. I work in retail, and unload pallets of dog food off of trucks, and have to reach constantly to face product on shelves.

Another trick with an untucked shirt is being cognizant of where your clips are, or any snag points, and positioning your body in a way that your cover garment doesn't give you away doing a basic motion. I also carry a spare mag OWB on my weak side, and never really worry about that getting exposed.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Tired of iwb. I'm going owb.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Do not worry about it.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We have a lot of people on here that say open carry is stupid because it will make you the first target, but they carry with those clips showing and access to their firearm hampered by a tucked in shirt.
View Quote

It is stupid, those little clips are way less noticeable then a damn pistol on you hip, just wear your shirt untucked, nobody is looking at you that close.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know about your state, but here in NY it is very gun-phobic and i would be paranoid in a commie state.  I know, move to a free state.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I've carried for several years with an Alien Gear iwb, similar to the crossbreed.  No one has ever noticed,  not even when I'm up on a ladder reaching over my head.

People just aren't that observant.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
if you're worried about your clips vs belt color you could always buy some colored clips. Comptac sells some that may work for your holsters.

Comp-Tac clips

I wish there was a brown pull dot snap loop somewhere for my vanguard.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Most people don't notice open carry pistols. Only other open carriers ever look for belt clips.
Your paranoia will subside with time.
View Quote

So true...I often look to see if anyone is carrying when I go out...even then I have had to double take when I see what either is - or looks like - a pistol. Any the only reason I double took was to confirm it was a pistol being OC'ed. Otherwise, the sheep just assume its belt candy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wish there was a brown pull dot snap loop somewhere for my vanguard.
View Quote

Mil-Spec Coyote Brown soft loops
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Most people don't see anything, to busy playing on their phone. I've seen 3 people not see that the person in front of them was open carrying a pistol. One lady 55ish in front of me in a supermarket line finally noticed the lady in front of her was open carrying a Glock!! She looked at me with shear panic and I told her open carry is legal in our state. I didn't show her my 45ACP 1911 under my shirt. She would probably have fainted!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#12]
IDGAF. I can open carry but I do my best to conceal. If someone makes me then oh well at least I'm not flaunting it
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 9:42:18 PM EDT
[#13]
My wifes work had a 20's themed party on Saturday, and I was asking her if she could see my clips and if she thinks her coworkers would notice. She gave me a great idea.. to use my shoulder holster and carry a 1911 instead of trying to conceal it.

Turns out her regional manager is a gun girl too, she was the only one that asked about it. I think everyone else assumed it was a prop or something.

Doesn't answer your question but that's my holster clip story.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Thursday night had a customer in at work. If he wouldn't have been fidgeting with his shirt every time he reached for something, I probably wouldn't have noticed the first belt clip. After I saw the second clip, I knew he had a gun.

I was helping him load a cat tree into his truck in the parking lot, and shirt came all the way up exposing his LCP. It was a camo paint job, apparently some NRA special edition. I only know because I asked who did the paint job on his LCP, he looked at me kind of confused, so I reiterated his pistol. He was mortified his shirt had come up.

I let him know I had positioned myself between him and the door so it'd be harder for others in the lot to see it. Cool guy. Should have asked if he was on here. Oh well. I thanked him for his business, and thanked him for carrying, and told him to continue to do so wherever legal.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine was a leather fist holster that had leather loops. Never cared as long as the pistol was covered. Now that open carry with license is legal I don't care if you see the pistol.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#16]
All great answers, but I am in a similar situation to someone earlier who posted.  My friend group, family, and job situation is such that I want to keep my concealed carry as concealed as possible.  

Also, I carry a lot in "non-gun friendly" areas and again want to minimize any chance that I could be outed.  Though 99% of the sheep wont notice it, I am concerned about the 1% who are also security/police and will notice.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:55:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Also I carry a lot in "non-gun friendly" areas and again want to minimize any chance that I could be outed.  Though 99% of the sheep wont notice it, I am concerned about the 1% who are also security/police and will notice.
View Quote
Security and police are not a problem if you're carrying legally.  You cannot be arrested for exposed belt clips.

EDIT to add:  You cannot be detained and required to answer questions for exposed belt clips.  

I get the part about your job; nobody wants to have that relationship threatened.  Family and friends?  Are you embarrassed or ashamed that you have taken measures to protect your family?  What am I missing here?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:59:26 AM EDT
[#18]
You're just crazy.

People don't take their face out of their iPhone except to take a sip of their mocha choke-a loacha latte. Do you think they give enough of a flying fuck to analyze your belt?
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Worried about people seeing clips? Not even a little bit. To be fair though I don't tuck in my shirts. I also couldn't care less if I wear a shirt that's a little more snug than it is loose and i print. People REALLLY don't notice/say anything/care. so many people are too caught up on their phones or drama to pay attention to their surroundings, let alone your side.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Even with the shirt tucked it'll still tend to blouse out some at your waist, so that'll obscure the clips. And has been mentioned, people are amazingly oblivious - you may feel like everyone is staring at your concealed gun, but nobody is.
View Quote

this is the easiest way to deal with obscuring belt clips with a shirt tucked in. Just blouse it out a bit and pull the shirt down over your belt.
No one will notice.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
All great answers, but I am in a similar situation to someone earlier who posted.  My friend group, family, and job situation is such that I want to keep my concealed carry as concealed as possible.  

Also, I carry a lot in "non-gun friendly" areas and again want to minimize any chance that I could be outed.  Though 99% of the sheep wont notice it, I am concerned about the 1% who are also security/police and will notice.
View Quote
I don't worry about anyone noticing my clips.  Frankly, in my state I don't worry about them noticing my gun.  

As long as you are legal, you're fine.  I've never in my life had anyone come up and question me about holster clips or magazine carriers, etc.  You could always try the soft belt loops on an IWB holster instead of clips.  They'll still be visible, but if you use black loops with a black belt virtually invisible.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Should have specified, I carry IWB.  

By holster clips I mean this kind of thing as visible when tucked.

https://i2.wp.com/triangletactical.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/tuckable-holster.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=600%2C450
View Quote

Printing badly.  Clips are the least of your worries.  Throw on a loose shirt.  Leave it unbuttoned.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It is amazing how unaware a lot of people are.
View Quote
Are you sure that's true across the board?

I've "made" a few people carrying, and seen a number of open carriers. When I do, I'm not going to stare, or go strike up a conversation. I just continue on with what I'm doing.

Just because nobody points it out, doesn't mean they didn't spot your gun.

OTOH, I spotted a guy's Crossbreed clips the other day (shirt tucked over the gun), only because he was carrying a Glock Mag on his belt, unconcealed. That gave me pause to look a little closer. Otherwise, I've seen him a few other times, and never noticed anything.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I have tried a number of holsters. The one I finally settled on was the Galco 2nd Amendment holster that allows deep concealment, but still permits a quick draw in appendix carry.

http://www.galcogunleather.com/usa-ultimate-second-amendment_8_7_1329.html

I wear sport shirts tucked in at work, then bloused enough to generally cover my belt.  If I reach up, which lifts the shirt some, the only thing visible is the very bottom of the J clip, and only for a moment.   I  have worn it around friends in various positions for hours at a time, and no one ever suspected.

I carry a Smith J frame.  The grip rides just above and parallel to the belt, and is obscured by the blousing.

I have an ankle holster.  Hated it.  Uncomfortable and is obvious to anyone who knows what to look for.  Very slow to draw, too. The holster I use now is invisible, even to me when checking myself in the mirror in various positions.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#25]
People cant pull their own head out of their ass far enough to realize that they are standing in everyone's way in the middle of the grocery store isle.  Do you really think they will notice some small black (or any color) clips on your belt?  People are just not observant at all.  Only gun people (really CCW people) would notice and they will prob just be happy to see another person carrying.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Not worried
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Nope.  Kinda hard to see those with the OWB holster in the way.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top