Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/28/2017 10:32:54 PM EDT
I carry about 4 o'clock and have a holster that can be tucked.  Tucked or untucked, I feel paranoid that someone will notice the holster clips that go over my belt.  Does anyone else feel this way or am I just crazy?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I carry about 4 o'clock and have a holster that can be tucked.  Tucked or untucked, I feel paranoid that someone will notice the holster clips that go over my belt.  Does anyone else feel this way or am I just crazy?
View Quote
So what if they do?  Are you carrying legally?  What does it matter if someone were to notice the outline of your sidearm under your cover garment?  Are you breaking a law if someone were to guess you had a gun?

Carrying concealed in no way requires that the pistol be undetectable.  Concealed = obscured from view.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Holster clips? What are these?

G17/RMR02/TLR2s in a Raven OWB. I've carried it like that for years with a long shirt over it and nobody has said boo..
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:44:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Not worried to the least. Carrying for the first few times will feel like the entire world knows and they are all staring at you. In the end you are surrounded by sheep just grazing away.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holster clips? What are these?
View Quote

Should have specified, I carry IWB.  

By holster clips I mean this kind of thing as visible when tucked.

Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#5]
We have a lot of people on here that say open carry is stupid because it will make you the first target, but they carry with those clips showing and access to their firearm hampered by a tucked in shirt.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:55:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't worry about it. I also don't carry a Crossbreed holster; the clips on an M-tac are a little lower profile. If it bothers you too much you could get j-hooks or Velcro.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#8]
The average person will not even notice your clip even if it's exposed with a tucked shirt carrying IWB.  People aren't going around looking at peoples' waistlines.  I'd notice it, only because I carry :)
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#9]
J clips with Velcro on the clip and belt are the best option. J clips alone suck, but with the Velcro it makes them quite usable with a good belt. 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:47:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't care in the least.  I've learned seen how blind people are going about their day to day lives.  I don't even worried about printing. I carried a full size 1911 with attached light right side , 5 spare 10rd mags left side, glock 19 appendix and a Colt stub nose in my right front pocket for two weeks wearing nothing more than jeans and a t-shirt.  No buddy noticed, I asked cop friends "how many guns does it look like I'm carrying" they all said one.  I went in front of a ccw class as a demo I raised my arms a turned around in a circle before facing the class and asked them to tell me to remove what weapons they thought I had.  They are all shocked and amazing as I kept pulling out guns, knives and spare mags that they missed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I carry a USP 40C in a Smart Carry holster so no clips but there is a grip bump just inboard of my right front pocket in my jeans.i was very conscience of it at first and once noticed a female customer staring at it. I just pointed to my face and told her "my eyes are up here". We laughed and no more was said. 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#12]
people are mostly oblivious. I OCed an SBR suppressed AR down main street on easter sunday (on my way to the range) with a full size 45 on my belt and nobody even glanced my way. too busy in their own world. Only way someone is staring at your waist is
1) you're a hot chick. no offense but from the pic you're clearly not
2) a fellow CC person
3) who cares

I actively try and "make" people, as this is Texas and like 1/20 are carrying. I've only seen evidence of maybe 3 in the last 4 years. My buddy, who I know carries, has a Glock 17 with light on an OWB holster and I didn't even notice. and I was looking!
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Why should I be paranoid? I'm the one with a gun.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Try this experiment. Wear two similar but different shoes to town. See how many people even notice.

You just aren't a factor in other people's lives.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:32:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't really care since it's legal, but if you're worried about it get velcro clips and put velcro on the inside of your belt.    They're a lot harder to notice.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
1) you're a hot chick. no offense but from the pic you're clearly not
View Quote

Thanks, but not my pic, just lifted one off a random website.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

...The daughter of a pirate who was murdered by an infamous privateer teams up with a pirate captain, whose wife was also murdered by the same man, to avenge her father's death.e
View Quote

sage advice
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#18]
The only time I was concerned about the clips being noticed was when I was in a "no-carry" place. I got fitted for a wedding tux with a G-43 in a tucked in trex sidecar, and the lady didn't know I was carrying until she touched the pistol under my shirt. She asked me if it was an insulin pump so she was obviously clueless to people carrying.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

sage advice
View Quote
lol.  oops.   I've accidentally pasted worse things before.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Beretta m9a1 compact at 1oclock.

You need to find better clips
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Why would you care?
I make it a point to CCW, but I don't really care if I print or show.
For example, I'm not putting something down because picking it up uncovered my pistol or wearing a jacket after it's warmed up because my T shirt is tight or light....
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Should have specified, I carry IWB.  

By holster clips I mean this kind of thing as visible when tucked.

https://i2.wp.com/triangletactical.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/tuckable-holster.jpg?zoom=1.5625&resize=600%2C450
View Quote

I wouldn't know what that is. Hope you don't need your pistol fast.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Move to Texas, no worry.

Vince
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I do at work where I'm not allowed to carry...

Outside of that I carry a g17 and give no fucks if it prints or anyone notices.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Most people don't notice open carry pistols. Only other open carriers ever look for belt clips.
Your paranoia will subside with time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Most people don't notice open carry pistols. Only other open carriers ever look for belt clips.
Your paranoia will subside with time.
View Quote

It is amazing how unaware a lot of people are.

Then again, most of them aren't a problem even if they do.  But do you want to count on people you don't want to notice not paying attention?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#27]
With open carry legal in Texas now, I don't really care if I print or not.
If I were to carry in a place I legally should not, I would probably opt
to pocket carry an LCP or use a smart carry holster and carry a G26.
Not too many people feel comfortable staring at a guys crotch.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#28]
people run into emergency vehicles running lights and sirens running and you think 99% of the population is going to notice a belt clip and think gun ? Maybe .001 would notice and then only a gun person would think lol that guys is packing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I don't think they can see my holster clip - if they can, they're probably going to pay more attention to the multi-colored Lego grips on the RIA.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Doesn't bother me in the least although I only carry with my shirt tucked in on rare occasion and I ensure that my belt matches the black clips.

Minor printing in the form of a slight bulge doesn't concern me either because virtually nobody notices and it's never presented any problem.

When true deep cover is required I pocket carry in a Nemesis.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#31]
I had my shirt slip over the butt of my pistol that I was carrying at 6 o'clock and walked around with it exposed for a good 5minutes in a semi busy lobby and no-one noticed. My belt clips are always exposed on Sundays at church, and no one notices, not even the rest off the gun enthusiasts in my Bible study group. I would be willing to bet that I could wear chrome plated clips with a tucked shirt through the mall on a Friday night and never hear a peep from the masses.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:21:09 AM EDT
[#32]
ZFG.

As long as the weapon isn't exposed I'll pack everywhere except work.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Clips showing?  I don't think I'd worry about it unless you're trying to deeply conceal in an environment that does not allow firearms.  I've worked details where someone spotting a gun on me could possibly lead them to instantly make me as a cop.  This was especially true before legal concealed carry became common.  Back in the day nice holster = cop.  If you're talking that kind of environment then I'd go with pocket carry in the .38 or .380 range.  I used to carry a little AMT .380 before I switched to a J Frame for such occasions.

These days I don't worry so much.  When I'm out and about I don't sweat the clips showing on my IWB.  I like to wear jeans a lot and pocket carry isn't so great for that and I always seem to have my pockets crammed full of junk; phone, loose change, keys, guitar picks, knife, and miscellaneous junk.  A .380 like my S&W Bodyguard or an LCP is practically invisible IWB.  When I wear dress slacks it's easier to pocket carry because of the way I like my clothes cut.  If I'm going to be seated for an extended period in the car or at a desk I go for ankle carry.  Most days I carry a Glock 26 IWB.

Start out slow.  Find out what works for you.  After a while you'll have some pretty strong opinions on the topic. 
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#34]
I worried years ago, probably the first 5 weeks I carried, then I noticed what others have said, people are oblivious to their surroundings. I swear sometimes I think I could sling my 10.5 inch AR pistol under a coat with a drum magazine and 75-85% of the people would never even notice.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I worried years ago, probably the first 5 weeks I carried, then I noticed what others have said, people are oblivious to their surroundings. I swear sometimes I think I could sling my 10.5 inch AR pistol under a coat with a drum magazine and 75-85% of the people would never even notice.
View Quote

You could do it while dressed as a clown riding a unicycle and most people would be to worried about being a twit or facespacing to notice.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:36:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Only time I worry about clips is if I'm wearing my shirt tucked it.

The only time I'm wearing a tucked in shirt is for a wedding/funeral or court. Nobody bats an eye while I have a gun on for court. If I'm at a wedding/funeral it's pocket carry time.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I've been pocket carrying a P3AT for a couple years, but recently picked up a P320c and an MTAC with c-clips.  I carried tucked the other day and I was paranoid the whole time that I was obvious--made worse by the back of my shirt untucking while I was sitting and exposing the base of the grip.  I realized I definitely need to get some new shirts--even untucked, the lightweight golf polos I normally wear print fairly easily.  And yes, I realize most people will just assume "cellphone" or something, but still...
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#39]
LOL!

That's hilarious, OP...

Here's my observation: People have no idea WTF is going on around them at any given moment.

Case in point. I'm amazed when I go into Home Depot and see some bubba open carrying his XD-40 while shopping for lumber.

What's more amazing is how no one seems to even notice.

So, am I worried about someone maybe seeing a couple of clips on my belt?

No way.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Comptac c clips.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I wish I could find an article I had read not too long ago.  But the bottom line is that people just don't pay that much attention to us.  And in reality neither do I.  In my AO you just cannot scan every possible person as there are just too many.  So relax, stay safe, stay legal, and stay CCW.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#42]
People are to busy texting
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#43]
I wear AlienGear holsters, except for my one MS SSll, and tuck in my tee shirt.  They come with black clips and I have a natural brown colored leather belt.  The clips are painfully obvious to anyone that looks.

Except no one looks.  

I really should get a black colored belt though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not worried to the least. Carrying for the first few times will feel like the entire world knows and they are all staring at you. In the end you are surrounded by sheep just grazing away.
View Quote

This ^^^

The only people that will notice (if they are switched on) are;

1. Other gun people that actually carry a pistol
2. LEO's and Some military
3. Some criminals

With that said checking yourself before you head out the door or exit your vehicle in a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Those type of holsters are the worst of both worlds.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#46]
No, I don't worry about it.  I did at first, but not anymore.  How about you just un-tuck your T-shirt? or wear something like a button short sleeve un-tucked?  Or how about an unbuttoned collared shirt over your T?  I dunno, relax, work around your holster, no one is gonna single you out, unless you are in a liquor store in some inner city...  lets say Chicago..  We all know how safe it is down that neck of the woods.  You may get clobbered over the head and have your gun stolen (along with your wallet) so he can rob the liquor on the next block.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I carry 3:30-4 o'clock and appendix.
My shirt is never tucked.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And has been mentioned, people are amazingly oblivious - you may feel like everyone is staring at your concealed gun, but nobody is.
View Quote

+1, anyone that might notice is almost certainly carrying themselves.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This ^^^

3. Some criminals

With that said checking yourself before you head out the door or exit your vehicle in a good idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This ^^^

3. Some criminals

This is what I tend to believe as well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Didn't realize my clips were completely visible in this pic until my dad posted it on FB.

Faces cropped out because internet.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top