Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2017 1:28:52 AM EDT
So I bought and Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.0 and... my side is burned to all hell.  I get so much chafing, not from the gun, but from the part of the holster that sticks up against the beaver tail.  The holster does not sit right against my body, very disappointingly.  It's so stiff that it won't conform to my frame, so even though the 3.0 has a nice soft backing, the pointed up part scratches against my skin from the side because it's not sitting flush against me.  I can't find a position to put the gun in where it's comfortable.  I've moved the clips around to my heart's content with no satisfactory solution.  Any ideas?  My pants have more than enough room to fit the gun, so that's not the issue(I actually went and bought pants too big for this reason).  Should I try another brand of holster or switch OWB?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe put a layer of moleskin on the part of the holster that goes against your body?

I've had to do that with several holsters in the past.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So I bought and Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.0 and... my side is burned to all hell.  I get so much chafing, not from the gun, but from the part of the holster that sticks up against the beaver tail.  The holster does not sit right against my body, very disappointingly.  It's so stiff that it won't conform to my frame, so even though the 3.0 has a nice soft backing, the pointed up part scratches against my skin from the side because it's not sitting flush against me.  I can't find a position to put the gun in where it's comfortable.  I've moved the clips around to my heart's content with no satisfactory solution.  Any ideas?  My pants have more than enough room to fit the gun, so that's not the issue(I actually went and bought pants too big for this reason).  Should I try another brand of holster or switch OWB?
View Quote

Mine would irritate me if I wore it at the 3:00 position. I wear it at the 4-4:30 position, and it is not irritating with my Glock 19, or bodyguard 380.  
Some people wear their IWB holsters outside of their pants. They say it works just fine.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:27:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you wear an undershirt?

I wear undershirts all the time one to keep me cooler by not allowing sweat to evaporate off me as fast and also keeps my holsters from rubbing against my skin.  I wear Adidas nylon\spandex shirts that have a little stretch to them the UnderArmour version also works as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Op you don't mention it but are you wearing a belt designed to support a holster? If you are disregard... if you aren't then try finding one. A thicker belt with reinforcements designed to support a holster and firearm can make for a more comfortable CCW experience.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I have tried the 1.0 and 2.0 AG holsters and in the long run I was disappointed.

Why have a $1,100 pistol and such a cheap holster?  I would suggest you try THIS and never look back.

I have been carrying my EDC in a MTAC now for about 8 years and could not be happier.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't tried the alien gear yet, but i will be soon so I've been doing a bit of reading. I have read that some people need a break in period for things to soften up and conform to the body.

Maybe try wearing it more and/or working that part of the holster to soften it up a bit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:25:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't tried the alien gear yet, but i will be soon so I've been doing a bit of reading. I have read that some people need a break in period for things to soften up and conform to the body.

Maybe try wearing it more and/or working that part of the holster to soften it up a bit.
View Quote

That's BS if your talking about the 2.0 or 3.0 holsters with a synthetic backing, they do not break-in or conform to the body like leather.  I carried a Shield in a AG 2.0 for about 3 months and it never did any "breaking in", it still appeared perfectly flat with zero deformation when removed from the body.

Get a good leather backed IWB like a MTAC or Crossbreed and it will start visually conforming to your body within a week or so.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Where are you trying to wear the holster that you say your side is getting all scratched up?
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have tried the 1.0 and 2.0 AG holsters and in the long run I was disappointed.

Why have a $1,100 pistol and such a cheap holster?  I would suggest you try THIS and never look back.

I have been carrying my EDC in a MTAC now for about 8 years and could not be happier.
View Quote

Something like the MTAC is your answer.  I have several carry holsters but the two that get used 99% of the time are MTACs.  They are the most comfortable holsters I have used, no undershirt required.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's BS if your talking about the 2.0 or 3.0 holsters with a synthetic backing, they do not break-in or conform to the body like leather.  I carried a Shield in a AG 2.0 for about 3 months and it never did any "breaking in", it still appeared perfectly flat with zero deformation when removed from the body.

Get a good leather backed IWB like a MTAC or Crossbreed and it will start visually conforming to your body within a week or so.
View Quote

Like I said, I don't have any experience with them, just reading reviews.

I am planning on getting the cloak tuck leather, but I'm going to see if it has any neoprene on it before I buy, I don't want any neoprene.

Cloak tuck leather
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have one of the AG holsters in a box somewhere never really given it a good carry to evaluate fully.  I think it does not break in well because of the metal liner sandwiched between the layers.  The reason I never gave mine a good carrying was I got it and shortly after switched to a WML and the holster does not use a light.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Why do all these people flock to metal lined holsters then complain they don't fit right?

I use an AG leather backed for my G21 and it was one of the most comfortable holsters I carried with. I won't buy the goofy 2.0 or 3.0 because they won't hold up as well or be as comfortable as leather, at least to me. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top