Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2017 11:55:20 PM EDT
Just wore my new sidecar for the first time today. I'm a skinny bastard, and even with the holster sitting as low in my pants as I'm willing to have it, it still tilts to far away from my body. This causes 2 issues. 1 being that it prints like crazy. 2 being that it's really uncomfortable where the bottom of the holster touches my pelvic region.  My question is has anyone tried a foam or neoprene wedge with a sidecar? Was thinking about ordering one fromJM Custom but wanted to see if anyone had done it before I spend the money.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have several, and have no problems with concealment at all. Are you using the claw on it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:59:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I do not have a Sidecar (as of yet), but I'm curious as to what type of belt you're wearing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#3]
With or without the claw seems to make very little difference as to how far the holster tilts forward. Unless I wear my belt uncomfortably tight. But yes I have the claw on currently.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do not have a Sidecar (as of yet), but I'm curious as to what type of belt you're wearing.
View Quote

Ares gear aegis
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Double tap
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Was thinking about trying this.
https://limatunesrangediaries.wordpress.com/2015/03/31/the-aiwb-holster-hack/

But havnt seen anyone try it with a sidecar
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Pics?

I had one for like a week. It just was to much. I can however easily wear a stand-alone holster + mag pouch in the same position.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pics?

I had one for like a week. It just was to much. I can however easily wear a stand-alone holster + mag pouch in the same position.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I can get my belt tighter but it only helps a small amount and is extremely uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Bend the clips so it pushes it back into you.  My INCOG holster the clips push out causing the butt of the grip to push into my body inside of leaning out.  You can take a heat gun and warm up the clips to put that bend in.  You can also buy the clips from G-Code alone.

Example
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Bend the clips so it pushes it back into you.  My INCOG holster the clips push out causing the butt of the grip to push into my body inside of leaning out.  You can take a heat gun and warm up the clips to put that bend in.  You can also buy the clips from G-Code alone.

Example
http://gicombatsupplies.co.za/img/cms/G-Code%20Eclipse%201.jpg
View Quote

I own an incog. I didn't like it at first because the bent clips printed more than the grip did with straight clips. Here is how I have it set up now.
Attachment Attached File

The straight clip in front and the bent clip attached behind the holster seems to be the best for concealment and comfort.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Just tried this.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Made it quite a bit better. Tried it with a few t shirts a button up shirt and a sweatshirt. With the t shirts and button up shirt i still looked like i had a tumor. Sweatshirt didn't look to bad. I may just have to keep this holster as a cold weather only option.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I own an incog. I didn't like it at first because the bent clips printed more than the grip did with straight clips. Here is how I have it set up now.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300649/20170125-122357-133429.JPG

The straight clip in front and the bent clip attached behind the holster seems to be the best for concealment and comfort.
View Quote

I have it slightly tweaked.... on my G19 I took the clips and vise the hole portion and heated the clip up and took out about half the bend and on my G43 I am still tweaking it getting it how I like it.
Here is how I have them setup currently.  I have no started carrying the G43 as I am still trying to find how I like it most.  So I am still just carrying it around the house adjusting to the setup.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 6:59:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know if this will help but do you wear your pants at your waist or just above your hip bones?

I'm 5'10" 135lbs and if I wear my pants around my actual waist the gun pushes out and prints. However since my belt sits just above my hip bones I can wear a sidecar with a t-shirt without any printing. I did however put a rubber washer under the clip next to the gun to push it out like a incog clip and it helps with comfort and concealability.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#14]
How stiff is your belt?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 8:26:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How stiff is your belt?
View Quote

Very stiff.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't know if this will help but do you wear your pants at your waist or just above your hip bones?

I'm 5'10" 135lbs and if I wear my pants around my actual waist the gun pushes out and prints. However since my belt sits just above my hip bones I can wear a sidecar with a t-shirt without any printing. I did however put a rubber washer under the clip next to the gun to push it out like a incog clip and it helps with comfort and concealability.
View Quote

My pants tend to sit at waist. Are you saying I should try to wear them lower?
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 2:36:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just tried this.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300649/20170125-125028-133441.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300649/20170125-125044-133442.JPG

Made it quite a bit better. Tried it with a few t shirts a button up shirt and a sweatshirt. With the t shirts and button up shirt i still looked like i had a tumor. Sweatshirt didn't look to bad. I may just have to keep this holster as a cold weather only option.
View Quote

Wait a sec, where is the claw/wing?  You mentioned you had it and that it doesn't help much either way.  Based on your pics, I'm surprised it does not work for you.  Need something to push the muzzle forward which in turn will push grip into your abdomen.  I would try the neoprene pad and see how that works.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Wait a sec, where is the claw/wing?  You mentioned you had it and that it doesn't help much either way.  Based on your pics, I'm surprised it does not work for you.  Need something to push the muzzle forward which in turn will push grip into your abdomen.  I would try the neoprene pad and see how that works.
View Quote

Should have mentioned I took it off because I was messing around with gel heel cups I bought from Wal-Mart yesterday. But even when I had it on it only made a difference it the belt was so tight that it was painful.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok so I just tried this. Put my pants belt and holster on but left my belt loose. Pulled my pants down so my belt was along the top of my hips. Then I tightened the belt to a comfortable level. This made a huge difference. Still prints a little if I move in certain ways, but no longer have a huge bulge around my stomach. You may have saved appendix carry as a t shirt option for me. Here are some pics.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

G17 with tlr-1
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Good deal. Glad I could help.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like youre figuring it out, also try moving the holster side to side a tad to help with where the spare mag will print under your shirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top