Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2017 12:56:33 AM EDT
I wear 5.11's daily for my line of work. My primary gun, G19, is carried OWB. But I'd like to also carry a G43, too. I don't particularly like ankle holsters, or pocket carrying. Does anyone have any recommendations on cargo pocket carrying?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:17:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I daily carry a g42 in my cargo pocket.  Have been using a cheap Uncle Mikes pocket holster.  It has worked fine.  But for faster deployment I prefer iwb or ankle.  My dad has the DeSantis pocket holster.  I didn't think it was worth the extra over the Mikes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:04:12 AM EDT
[#2]
At my last agency I was able to wear 5.11's. A desantis pocket holster worked fine for a 27 and a S&W Shield. The shield would bounce around a little when running, although it remained in the holster.  I ended up sewing my Desantis holster so the Shield would sit higher and tighter in the holster. I hand trouble getting a decent grip and getting the gun higher in the holster helped out big time.

I also used a Blackhawk cloth holster for a bit as I liked the fit better, less bulk for what I needed.  You can find them at Wal-Mart in various sizes for under 10 bucks.

I use a pocket holster from Alabama Holsters for a 26 currently. The Desantis/Blackhawk holsters would come out with the gun on the draw with the pants I'm currently issued.

http://www.alabamaholster.com/product/front-pocket-holster

A few other members on this forum seem to like these, a little bit cheaper.

http://shop.aholster.com/product.sc?productId=1&categoryId=1
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys trust soft holsters on pistols with the internal safeties? I'm always worried about the trigger snagging and use kydex nearly exclusively.  A SIG or 1911, I'm OK with leather.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry a smaller G42 in a Recluse two sided cargo model... the slit allows you to grasp the grip while drawing, and the "foot" keeps the holster centered in the cargo pocket... they make a tapered version for traditional pockets... you might look there

Link Posted: 1/9/2017 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a DeSantis Super fly.  Leave the large concealment panel velcro'ed to it when I put it in a cargo pocket.  The flap was to help keep the handgun from printing but it also helps keep the handgun stable in a larger cargo pocket.

http://www.desantisholster.com/SUPER-FLY
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top