Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Not everyone can comfortably carry the weight of a kitten on their hip.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not everyone can comfortably carry the weight of a kitten on their hip.
View Quote

HAHAHAHAHA....    That's funny!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:43:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I've never cared about weight.  Not a macho thing I just don't notice 2 or 3 lbs on a good ccw belt.  But I did notice when I used shitty belts.  But with a good belt, weight isn't a factor.  

I'd avoid 1911s for ccw simply cuz of reliability concerns, and worry about it rusting.  I'd rather see holster wear and rust on a $500 Glock or a $400 snobby than on a $1900 les Baer.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:53:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Carry a light weight commander with 2 extra mags every day after work.  During work carry something smaller, still 45 acp.  Have suspenders hooked onto belt, under untucked shirt.  Our dress code is not too strict, and am old and harmless.

Main thing is being comfortable and familiar with what ever you want to carry, and practice.  Finally bought a glock on Friday to try out, and like the cheap plastic "old man" white outline sights.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up a P238 for the summer months.  I have to take it to the range yet--I know it's not a 1911, but if I like it enough then I'm seriously considering a Dan Wesson ECO or guardian (not sure if 9 or 45 yet).  The DWs are about the same weight as the P320.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top