Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2016 9:18:54 AM EDT
I keep reading complaints about how sharp these sights are. Is this an issue carrying appendix, stong side or both? Is there a remedy for it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have HDs on both of my glocks, the set on my 19 was pretty sharp.. I took a file to the edges and just barely rounded them. Hasn't been an issue since. The pair on my 26 however was g2g out of the box
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I love the sight picture but removed them from all my carry guns.
I carry AIWB and the sights very quickly destroyed all my shirts.
It looks like a rat has gnawed holes in my wardrobe.
Ridiculously sharp, even after using a file to round down the edges and corners.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have them on any of my pistols but I have shot pistols that had  them & I liked them & had good hits\groups.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 4:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I keep reading complaints about how sharp these sights are. Is this an issue carrying appendix, stong side or both? Is there a remedy for it?
View Quote
I don't carry appendix and carry only strong side. I have them on two of my VP9's. Not uncomfortable for me and it isn't destroying my clothes either.

I think that this may be an appendix only issue. It's not an easy area to be comfortable in.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
When carrying AIWB while driving I find that my seatbelt will occasionally press my T-shirt against the sharp edges of the HD sights instantly creating a little hole.
It doesn't take long before a shirt gets chewed up that way.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have them on my P320c and Glock 19. They are a little sharp, I scratched the side of my thumb pretty good being sloppy with an overhand slide rack. I haven't had any issues with appendix carry though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#7]
AIWB they will stab you in the stomach if you're not careful, holster choice can help with that though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Ameriglo Hackathorns

I carry a G19 concealed AIWB and have had no issues with the rear sight having sharp edges.

Holster is a Contact Concealment AP.

FWIW- Ameriglo Spauldings look good as well...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top