Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2016 3:21:28 PM EDT
*pics added a few posts down.

I just today got my Magpul belt. As much as I love my wilderness and SET gun belts, I really needed something more traditional and classy.
I got the black leather polymer lined version. The El Original I think it is.

I'll upload more pics and continue to do so even after a month or two of continuous use. This is my new edc.

I've been wearing it for 10min and it's great. This thing is built like a brick shit house! lol. I imagine this will be around for a loooong fucking time and I would also guess if I happen to have any problems Magpul will take care of me without any hassle.

ETA- I ordered from Amazon. Saved a little bit of money and got free 2 day shipping with prime. The Magpul sizing directions worked fine for me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Y'know how traditional leather belts take on a curved shape after a long period of use?   I wonder if these belts with internal stiffeners (even saw one with a stainless steel insert) are Hell on pants since they don't give.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
This isn't any stiffer than my wilderness or snake eater belts. Both good belts that didn't damage pants at all. I don't expect this one to either. My wilderness has a thin kydex insert.

So far no complaints with the Magpul. I do think it will break in and mold better to me over the next few weeks. Currently carrying G19 in a small kydex 1 clip holster. Fits excellent.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Let us know how it is after 6mo of use.  None of my leather belts seem to really last all that long.  Either the holes stretch out or they bow out and no longer provide enough support.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it two pieces stitched together?

I've had my crossbreed belt for about 8 years now and it's still going strong. I've worn it daily for all 8 years. It could probably use a refresher for those classier events haha.

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:27:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll keep this updated for a while.

Yes it's 2 pieces glued and stitched together. The Magpul ad video shows some of the process making them.

Pics coming...if the uploading works lol. We all probably know what they look like brand new anyway tho.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Pics(if they work)...

The belt.

Took this pic to show the buckle design. It has a cut out for the leather. Allows it to buckle and lay flat. Advertising pics didn't show this that I saw.

Size and markings. One thing I noticed was that they used a gray color thread on the back and black thread on the front. Nice attention to detail.

Last pic showing the layers.

I was having trouble finding any good user/owner pics or review videos on YouTube of these belts. Hopefully this helps.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmm. They have the Tejas at a store near me, but I'm interested in the original. I may have to try it out. I use an Ares Ranger now and have had it for years. It's showing some miles.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:20:30 AM EDT
[#8]
One of the styles is more of a fashion belt...so be careful. I think it's the "el Burro"? I believe it's a belt made from just the polymer material, no hide leather.

It looks thin and flimsy and is cheaper.

Just something to look out for.

Go buy it if it's one of the leather ones!
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't remember how long the belt has been out, but I purchased one in the first week or so. I've worn it nearly every day since. Mine still looks nearly new.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#10]
How wide is it? My leather gun belt is 9years old and is getting worn out.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#11]
BEWARE !

It will NOT work if you happen to have a Milt Sparks Axiom holster !  " to thick .... width "

Other then that !
I have to say that it is one nice belt !

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered the 1.5 inch. I'd say it's appx an 1/8 maybe not quite a quarter inch thick. It's probably not much thicker than wilderness or any other gun belt.

I'll see if I can get a pic with all of them side by side.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Tag.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is the order. Magpul, Snake Eater Tactical(typical cobra buckle type of belt) and a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer.
Clearly the Magpul is thicker right at around 1/4 inch thick. The rest are just over 1/8. I haven't noticed the extra thickness at all. I'll maybe upload some pics of me wearing it with G19 and holsters and stuff later.

ETA- this belt automatically adds 10 points to your "Operator Tier Status" LOL
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag for more replies. I need a new belt. My Ares ranger belt is a little to tacticool for a non tacticool dude.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tag for more replies. I need a new belt. My Ares ranger belt is a little to tacticool for a non tacticool dude.
View Quote

That's why this belt is badass! You still maintain tacticool status without looking like a gun show hippy
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Ares
Wilderness Instuctor

Will work for the Milt Sparks !

I really don't see this belt " magpul " sagging ANY time soon !
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#18]
One thing I noticed with mine is the belt loop (keeper, whatever you call it) was far enough over that it interfered with the belt loop on my pants (34" waist).  With the belt on, I couldn't pull it over to center the buckle for a proper gig line.  This is evident in the Magpul video too, the gig line is all messed up.

I fixed it within ten minutes of getting the belt, by simply disassembling (easy, two thumbscrews) and moving the loop closer to the buckle.  Now it's perfect, and is my favorite belt.  Had it probably 6 months, and not a bit of wear showing.  The other thing I noticed is that it doesn't work with dress pants, since the belt loops are too small for a 1-1/2" belt this thick.  Works fine with jeans though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
One of the styles is more of a fashion belt...so be careful. I think it's the "el Burro"? I believe it's a belt made from just the polymer material, no hide leather.

It looks thin and flimsy and is cheaper.

Just something to look out for.

Go buy it if it's one of the leather ones!
View Quote

I'll add this, I got an el burro belt on sale cheap. Like 30.00.

It is all synthetic, a lot softer/more flexible and works well for me to carry a mid size pistol IWB.   Not nearly as nice as the OPs belt.

That said, it is the biggest pain in the ass to thread on thru belt loops.
I swear, it is like 500 grit sandpaper and will not slide thru easily.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had the same belt as OP for about 2 mother not worn daily with a g19 in a old faithful iwb holster and it's held up amazingly.  Tons of support and has broken in nicely.  It definitely takes a fit to you and retains it.  I'm waiting for em to go on sale and pick up a few more.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Maxpedition Liger is still my favorite, just damn near impossible to find.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I've been very happy with my Magpul belt. I bought it about 5 months ago and it is still going strong. A Glock 19 in a Raven Phantom and a couple spare mags feel practically weightless on this thing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
One thing I noticed with mine is the belt loop (keeper, whatever you call it) was far enough over that it interfered with the belt loop on my pants (34" waist).  With the belt on, I couldn't pull it over to center the buckle for a proper gig line.  This is evident in the Magpul video too, the gig line is all messed up.

I fixed it within ten minutes of getting the belt, by simply disassembling (easy, two thumbscrews) and moving the loop closer to the buckle.  Now it's perfect, and is my favorite belt.  Had it probably 6 months, and not a bit of wear showing.  The other thing I noticed is that it doesn't work with dress pants, since the belt loops are too small for a 1-1/2" belt this thick.  Works fine with jeans though.
View Quote

You just sold a belt. The crooked gig line is what put me off.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You just sold a belt. The crooked gig line is what put me off.
View Quote

Glad I could help.  I'm wearing mine as we speak, it's now my every day gunbelt.  Does everything I could ask of it, and still doesn't show any wear.

Great job MagPul.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 5:59:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Hmmm. Never noticed really. I only own like 3 pairs of jeans, all the same brand. My loops must be positioned different on my pants. Good to know I can adjust if needed
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:10:58 PM EDT
[#26]
I gotta say that recessed buckle design is slick. Anyone who appendix carries knows damn well a belt buckle can make or break your concealment factor.

My Wilderness 5 Stitch is going on 5 years old.  Maybe in another 5 years of daily carry it may finally be tired enough for replacement.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#27]
So an update- I did move the loop over like mentioned above. Pretty slick actually.
No problems to report as expected. I've decided I could also use it as an impromptu weapon if needed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I've had the comp tac for the better part of a decade now I think.  

It's amazing as well.

My complaints are the same as others here, no thinner dress size.

So my dress belt is a beltman.com belt.  I do not think it's as high quality as the comptac.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top