Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2016 5:52:48 AM EDT
My state has CWP reciprocity with Louisiana.

Any issues I should be concerned about?

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Only place I could not carry was the federal building when the fams wanted to go to the insectarium.  They have metal detectors and no drinking and carrying.

When you go make sure you go to Cafe Du Monde and get you an order or beignets they are awesome!
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only place I could not carry was the federal building when the fams wanted to go to the insectarium.  They have metal detectors and no drinking and carrying.

When you go make sure you go to Cafe Du Monde and get you an order or beignets they are awesome!
View Quote

This.  And order the cafe au lait with the beignets, unless you are a wimp like my wife.  If you are, order the cafe Americain.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, make sure you carry plenty of spare mags and a back up gun.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Just visit somewhere else besides that nasty place
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Too late. In N.O. already.

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was there before Katrina.  At that time it was the filthiest city I'd ever seen.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I believe LA has a "shall declare" section for permit holders. If you come into contact with LEO you are required to inform said LEO that you are carrying, no matter the circumstances.

Residents may be able to share more info.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
"Residents may be able to share more info."

When being detained in a official capacity.  Traffic stop, etc.  I live in Louisiana, and I wont go to N.O. voluntarily....  Don't judge the state by that shit hole!
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I believe LA has a "shall declare" section for permit holders. If you come into contact with LEO you are required to inform said LEO that you are carrying, no matter the circumstances.

Residents may be able to share more info.
View Quote
100% true. 

Also, carry in a bar is banned. If you are in a restaurant you basically need to "play it safe" and not walk through the bar area. Well, if you follow the letter of the law anyway.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Jesus Cristo. I tramped all over yalls rules. I carried everywhere when I was there. Drinking or not. Made me feel better when those thugs were staring and started following us.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Go to Jackson park late when all the hobos are out it is real hard to keep an eye on everyone.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Also, no carry in church when you have to redeem yourself.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah, make sure you carry plenty of spare mags and a back up gun.
View Quote

And grenades and a blow out kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top