Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2016 11:32:53 PM EDT
For everyone that carries appendix I'm just curious about the rig you carry in. If you have a holster with one of the little wings that are supposed to push the grip in towards your body, do you see/feel a big difference because of that? If you don't have a rig with one, do you see the need for something on the holster to push the grip towards your body or do you prefer letting the holster sit in its natural position in your waistband?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#1]
This is the holster you seek.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 4:41:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I much prefer a holster with a tucking aid of some sort(wing, claw, etc). The Raven Eidolon and Trex Arms are what has worked best for me, I have tried several holsters without a piece pushing against the belt and they don't conceal nearly as well.

Some people swear by the Incog, but mine prints badly on me so I never carry it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a holster with the wing setup. I have tried both ways and the wing works best for concealment of the grip. I use Knightfall Customs AIWB rigs. I have one for my G19 & one for my G43.

Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Having some type of leverage to push the butt of the pistol into your body is a great benefit to concealment if you are carrying a largish framed pistol. With a smaller pistol this becomes less of an issue. Though, as with anything, YMMV based on pistol, body type/shape(s), dress and level of comfort with printing.

I carry my PPQ in a TRex Arms Raptor with the claw and conceals beautifully, but carrying my Shield in a Fist #1K with nothing pushing the butt of the pistol in conceals just as well if not better due to the lack of footprint.

I can carry either one of these rigs in a T-shirt and Jeans without issue with a slight "Dad" body at 5'10" 180#.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you ever had any discomfort because of a wing or claw? To me it seems like having an extra piece of plastic pushing in to me wouldn't be very comfortable....but thats why I'm asking.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Ctac
Crossbreed
Galco

I have all three.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a GCODE INCOG SHADOW ECLIPSE for my 43 with TLR-6. The canted clips they use similarly pushes the grip inward. I use a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 with the wing for my 19, and the wing does what it is intended to do. Both are tuckable. For AIWB, I prefer full kydex or polymer constructed holsters, no hybrids. This is simply for my own peace of mind.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you ever had any discomfort because of a wing or claw? To me it seems like having an extra piece of plastic pushing in to me wouldn't be very comfortable....but thats why I'm asking.
View Quote

The wing causes no discomfort on either of my holsters.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I use the Shaggy.  Before that I tried a Safariland IWB that some said could be used for AIWB.  The Shaggy is much better.  The "wing" pushes against your belt to push the butt into your body.  You don't feel the wing.  Once you have it situated properly it is surprisingly comfortable even when driving long distance etc.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Trex arms for me. Have both sidecar and raptor. Used to use an Incog. For me, the claw/wing makes a huge difference. I can conceal a G19 no problem with a tshirt if it has the wing. That's why I stopped using the Incog.

The wing does not make it any less comfortable to me. I've driven 2+ hours straight and worn for over 12 hours straight. I find appendix more comfortable than any other form of carry for me. It really all depends on your body type though. With most of the winged options you can simply remove it if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:56:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

They are typically angled out a bit and don't dig into you. The Raven does not.

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#12]
JM Custom Kydex. A lot of thought and work went into them and it shows. Their AIWB Wing Claw setup is second to none IMO...and he just came out with a new AIWB Wing Claw 2.0, which I'll probably be ordering shortly, after my last order clears.

Yes, the lead time is a little long, but it's worth it. And, he has quick order/ship products, mostly all Glocks, so if you have a 19, you should be able to get one pretty quickly.

And yes I see a huge difference with and without the wing...with the wing, it's hidden a lot better IMO; it conceals under a t-shirt. Without the wing, it mostly conceals but you can tell it's there if you're wearing a plain white t-shirt for example...

Edited to add - the wing claw doesn't push into you - it pushes against your belt, pushing the butt of the gun into you a little more, for way better concealment. You honestly won't notice it, unless you're even fatter than I am...and I'm pushing 270
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#13]
JM custom kydex as well. Carrying a Glock 19 for ~1yr.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got my T Rex Arms Sidecar. I test wore at today and did practice draws with it. I'm quite pleased. Give it a look.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I have an INCOG for my M&P9 w/Inforce APL that I really like. I also have a HolsterCo for my P320 which also works with the APL. It's got the Raven claw thingy on it. Works pretty well.

But the Raven Vanguard 3 is my new love. I got the TLR-1 HL version.

The holster works for any pistol that I can fit that light on. It's awesome. It doesn't have a wing/claw on it, but it's so minimal that it just hides very well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't use anything extra.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a Fricke with the foam add on, A Trex Raptor with a "wing" , and a JM Custom with the "wing".  I like the JM holster the best.  For the Glock19/23  My .02
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Phlster skeleton gen 2.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 3:29:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This is the holster you seek.
View Quote

$169 before shipping or any options?  Hell no it ain't what I seek lol.  My CCC Shaggys have Been fantastic and cost half that much.  I can carry a Glock 19 AIWB for 8 hours with one without any discomfort or I can hike 3 miles with the same (though when I do that I fret about sweat/humidity).
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

That there works.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#21]
As others have said, if you're carrying a large frame pistol, the claw helps rotate the frame towards your body. The wedge does similarly, but on a different axis. On smaller frame pistols, the claw and wedge are unnecessary, IMO. I'm a firm believer if you own a Glock, you should own a Raven Concealment Systems Eidolon. If carry something other than a Glock, I suggest you find a holster with similar features of the Eidolon (Claw & Wedge).

Glock 17 & 19 = Raven Eidolon (with Claw & Wedge)
Glock 42 = Kydex (no Claw or Wedge)

Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Lately I have purchased a few items from Priority 1 Holsters.  I just received their Inside the Waistband with Concealment Wing holster for my G19 and really like it! It is the 1st AIWB I have tried with the wing and it really does help conceal the G19 better.

I have also ordered a few mag pouches from them and have been very happy with the quality. If you follow them on IG, they have deals / discounts fairly often too.

I have used a GCode Incog when I had a XC1 on my G19 and it worked pretty well.

Link Posted: 12/15/2016 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't use anything extra.
View Quote
Who makes that holster? I have been looking for something like that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#25]
In my opinion a holster "claw" makes a big difference in helping conceal the butt or the pistol. I carry a G19 and a G43 in Trex Arms Sidecar holsters and found them to be very comfortable and easily concealable.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Have any of you guys tried one of these types of holsters with the wing on a strong side carry, around 3 o'clock?  That's where I currently carry my xdm.  I just recently got a g23 and need a holster.  In particular one with tuckable clips, and one that would work at 3 of AIWB doesn't work for me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I use a holster with the wing setup. I have tried both ways and the wing works best for concealment of the grip. I use Knightfall Customs AIWB rigs. I have one for my G19 & one for my G43.
View Quote

Thank you. I ordered one for my G43 and am very happy with it. Shipping time was super quick, too. I did change the clip for one I had laying around that I like better. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Knightfall's married holster looks perfect. I might not have started making holsters if i had found that. 
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Fist
#1K STRAIGHT UP CLIP HOLSTER

For a Glock 42 for me .....

Works great for me !
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I carry a G19 AIWB in a Contact Concealment AP holster...

CONTACT CONCEALMENT AP HOLSTER
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I carry my P320c and G19 in appendix holsters from JM Custom. The neoprene wedge helps with comfort and tucking the grip.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I carry AIWB a lot.

I've tried them all and I find it funny looking at many of these replies, which have been relegated to the "holster graveyard" in my gun room.

By far, the best kydex AIWB holsters Ive ever bought are Cooks Holsters.

Homepage: Cook's Holsters

AIWB Model 1: Appendix Carry Holster

AIWB Model 2: Appendix Carry Model Adjustable Cant

Cook's has, by far the most kydex colors and patterns of anyone.

You can select kydex thickness.

You can upload a photo to show exactly where you want the gun to ride and theyll custom make it to ride exactly the height you want. Nobody else does that.

Reasonable lead times, reasonable prices, great warranty.

My search for other kydex options is over. Cook's Holsters is the best. 
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I just got a G-Code Incog Eclipse for my Glock 26 and absolutely love it.  I always hated kydex and carrying IWB, but Incog is the most comfortable and concealable holster I've used.  I especially like the way the clip can be moved up or down as well as adjusted for cant.  Works great for me, but holsters seem to be like shoes, what works for one guy doesn't necessarily for the next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top